PreVa

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

What do you think of the Updates to PreVa?

Looks great, i'd play it
No votes
Nah, it's ok i guess, maybe i'd play it
No votes
Nope, looks horrible
100%

Total votes: 2
Anonymous

PreVa

Lately i've been putting a bit of work in PreVa, a 3D mecha game, that my game development company, Manga Page. Now we have videos up, and we want your opinon on them, it's been a while since we posted anything on it, so, without further ado....

PreVa Beta Video 1 (space map, you cannot see the stars because of the quality)
PreVa Beta Video2(outside map, forest like)

if you want high quality screens they are on the website, here: PreVa Screens (more screens are available in preva's forum, which can be accessed from the site)

Well, i'm doing this because i want opinions, so, critisize away please :wink:

if you have questions, i'll answer them as well

edit: before voting please watch both videos and/or look at the screenshots
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scyron

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=2666

thread was previously made, in anycase I wouldn't count on people purchasing the game but whatever. I've been told that whenever someone is in the process of being a game designer their usual first 10 or so games end up as garbage. I'm not saying this is the case but it doesn't seem to be on par with current games in terms of anyything. I really don't want you to take this the wrong way as I'm a student in game design,I love to see people making new games but usually there has to be a gimmick or something.

I can only critisize the graphics and that there doesn't seem to be a lot of movement or enemy fire. I did like the start up menu at the beginning though, particle effects were pretty decent. I'm suprised you guys didn't just make it in unrealED since the engine looks pretty similar.

Looks like a lot of work was put into it but I don't know. If it is ever released freeware I'd try it out for sure.

If you feel I'm being harsh call me out on it, perhaps I'm looking at this entirely wrong.
Anonymous

nope, you are entitled to your opinion, and yes, it's a first game, however, the reason the graphics are at that level is we are going for lower end pcs as the minimum desired audience, and acually, in those videos there are only 2 particle effects, the energy dispertion and the fire on the trees, the rest are models :wink:. thanks for your input, the game is only in beta right now, so the ai isn't close to being done, which is why it's not very smart at all, the "beta" demo will be out soon, but the finished project will not be until sometime next spring, so it's got alot of things that need working on, and once again, thanks for your opinion :wink:
Scyron

manslayer101 wrote:nope, you are entitled to your opinion, and yes, it's a first game, however, the reason the graphics are at that level is we are going for lower end pcs as the minimum desired audience, and acually, in those videos there are only 2 particle effects, the energy dispertion and the fire on the trees, the rest are models :wink:. thanks for your input, the game is only in beta right now, so the ai isn't close to being done, which is why it's not very smart at all, the "beta" demo will be out soon, but the finished project will not be until sometime next spring, so it's got alot of things that need working on, and once again, thanks for your opinion :wink:
it is good to hear that you guys are putting in a lot more work. To be honest I was talking about the space video, I haven't had the time, until right to watch the secodn video, I've doing homework at the same time :P
Ascension

I'd like to see some mecha with legs in it. As it is, they pretty much all look like some sort of warped Guntank/Zeong love-child.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Anonymous

@sycron: "it is good to hear that you guys are putting in a lot more work. To be honest I was talking about the space video, I haven't had the time, until right to watch the secodn video, I've doing homework at the same time Razz"

so i can't count your opinion or your vote? :wink: :lol:

@everyone: if you want to see 2 of the other mechas, here's a topic in our forum showing some of the beta stuff:

Warning: leads to another forum
http://forums.itbgames.com/index.php?showtopic=59

here you can also see the beamsaber we're going to give one of them, as well as the "controller" and "general" they are both anime style. Both of the other 2 mecha will have beamsabers, and different weapons. of course the pics of them are "unrendered" so they will look a bit better in the game.

as for each mech they will have different colors, and you will be able to adjust the stats of your mecha; armor, speed, ammo amounts, energy, etc. since this is only the beta demo, it will only allow you to play as the hover mecha, the others will be in the full version, we have to get our motion capturing system up again so we can animate the other mechs.

one more thing "the beam saber isn't a particle effect"

cheers - manslayer101 :wink: