Which upcoming Video Game System do you plan on buying?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Sony Playstation 3
34%
Nintendo Wii
31%
Both
14%
Neither, I'm broke!
20%

Total votes: 35
Blazing Dagger

Basically a choice between the PS3 and Wii.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Considering the PS3's price tag, I'll most likely get a Wii first.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Toxicity

What? No XBOX 360?? :evil:
Well, in that case I'd have to for the PS3. I've never really like nintendo, they don't have enough good games.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I don't think 360 counts, sence its already out.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
mcred23

I said neither, but not because I'm broke. The PS3 seems too expensive and there aren't any games that are only on PS3 that would get me to ever consider paying for one. The Wii has utterly underwhelmed me and I haven't seen a thing about it I like. Besides, I already got an Xbox 360 and it's great.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

Once I get some money together, I'm going to be one of those "Wii-60" people. Two consoles for the price of a PS3.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
RGM-79 GM

PS3 mostly for Crossfire.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

PLAYSTATION FOREVER! Definitely PS3 for Christmas.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Xenogil

I plan on getting a Wii, not just because of price, but upcoming titles such as Twilight Princess and Corruption look amazing, and the virtual console seems promising. I might not get one right away, though, cause that trip to Chicago drained my funds. I should have enough cash next year, though!
Last edited by Xenogil on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Folken Fanel

After I get my 360 I'm going for the Wii. PS3 is just a bad investment. Too much emphasis on Blu-ray and not enough focus on games. Ken Kutaragi, if you're reading this, the Playstation was built for games. And no, it will not cure Alzheimer's.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
EZero8

I dunno about what I'm gonna get now. For one, I've been saving up, but after considering about what to get I came to the conclusion that I should wait until more games come out and compare them then.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Vash

I plan on getting both. The PS3 is a total must-have for me, with games like Resistance, Heavenly Sword, GT5, FFXIII, and MGS4, the decision was made a long time ago. I'm getting a Wii too, but honstly, its something I could live without. The only games that really interest me right now are Twilight Princess (which I'd rather have for gamecube, but I dont want to wait an extra month for that to come out) Metroid Prime 3, and Heroes. I really dont care one way or the other about the Wii-mote and its revolutionary control and whatnot, I just look at what games interest me. I dont care if its the funnest thing ever, I am not buying shit like Spongebob Squarepants and the Search for the Krusty Crab (or whatever the fuck its actually called). I realize nintendo is going for the "family" and "non-gamer" markets, but if they would just release some games that arent aimed at 5 year olds, they could grab a good share of the real gamers too. Its not asking that much.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Fritz Ashlyn

One of the biggest reasons I've just got to have a Wii is Madden. I can't wait to play Madden football with the Wii-mote.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
G.Squirrel

Technically, the Wii will have alot of games at release, more than the launch titles of most consoles combined, because of the virtual console. Goldeneye with online multiplayer? Sign me up!
ZeonfromHell

I said Neither, and I am broke. In fact, I'm more than broke, I'm in debt.

Now, I've always been a Playstation fan, and have never been disappointed with the Sony product. I have both Xbox and PS2, and I liked the PS2 a little more throughout their run, and I havent bothered with Nintendo products since the end of the 64 generation. I want a PS3 (along with a 360), but that will have to wait until I get finances in gear.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Camille Vidan

Wii ofcourse, i want a daddy for my ds lite, and i'm curious about Red Steel.
Enki

Both of them.
solid snake

Well I plan on purchasing a 360 sometime after Christmas. After that I'll get a PS3, but not for another 2 or 3 years once the price has dropped some. I don't know if I'll get a Wii. I don't really see that many games that interest me with the exception of Red Steel and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Blazing Dagger

I'm personally going for the PS3 myself. I doubt I'll get it at launch but hopefully sometime in the next few months. And I'm considering the Wii in the not too distant future. But mostly the PS3.
Nagi

PS3 and Sony disgust me, so it'll be an icy, permafrosty day in hell before I look at that console with anything less than fierce contempt. Just the sheer arrogance and disrespect Sony has shown to their fanbase irritates me to no end ("no matter how much we price it—by the way, you babies this is CHEAP—and no matter how limited, delayed, or uncertain our game lineup or even the arrivel of the console itself is, you'll all buy it because you're sheep, and F*** EUROPE!"). And the PS3 itself just does not impress me. It has hi-def and a Blu-Ray, two things that mean nothing to me (I don't have a single hi-def thing in my house, and all Blu-Ray is to me is the Betamax of the DVD era, simply put...ditto for HD-DVD), and aside from that it's really nowhere near distinctive enough for me to consider it over an X360 or Wii. And the gaming lineup...it's probably changed since the last time I looked, but all I saw of interest were Metal Gear Solid 4 and what's basically yet another third-person ground combat Gundam game, albeit a visually prettier one than its predecessors. Yeah, yeah, Final Fantasy, whatever, that franchise just sours on me more and more by the day. Point is, two games do not justify buying a console, and they sure as hell don't justify buying a $600 console and giving my hard-earned cash to egomaniacal monsters who see me as walking garbage.

Wii on the other hand...it's cheaper, it's unique (though I fear they may be putting a little too much emphasis on the unique control style; if they don't have an option to just use a conventional pad on a lot of their games, I'm gonna be pissed), its Virtual Console is just a godly idea, it's backwards compatible with the GameCube from what I hear (which, on its own, had barely five games I wanted on it, which I can now get on top of the Wii-specific titles), it has more games I want (even if a lot of them are basically cheap, gimmicky Wii technology whores; but then, of course, if I wanted conventional gaming, I could always just as easily stick with a regular XBox, PS2, or PC and just give the finger to the next gen completely, so playing surgeon or doing virtual scuba diving or escaping an earthquake is a great deal of the appeal), and its developers haven't given off airs of blatant mismanagement or outright egotistical hatred of their consumers (hey, they might actually think like Sony, who knows, but at least they don't say it to our faces).

So...yeah, Wii. And then I'll snag a 360 next year once the game library's beefed up a little more and it's gotten cheaper. Wii60 all the way. Probably.