Who Do You Think Will Win The Next-Gen Console War?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Who Will Win?

PlayStation 3
45%
Xbox 360
24%
Wii
31%

Total votes: 29
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Folken Fanel wrote:
Here's what I predict will happen:
1) PS3 enjoys massive sucess at launch
2) sales for the PS3 drop as anticipated titles for the Xbox 360 are realesed
3) Wii launches and is an immediate sucess
4)consoles enter a stalemate until a new super game emerges
5) said super game gies whatever console it is on a big enough boost to decide the winner of the console war.

For me, I'll get a 360 and a Wii later. I don't believe in paying more than 400 bucks for a console. Unless that console has Kingdom Hearts 3.

Agreed minus the 360 thing of course. I may end up buying a Wii first rather then PS3, I never buy a system unless there's a bunch of games I wanna play on it, otherwise it'll just be sitting there collecting dust seems like a big waste of money. Right now, with Ps3 I only really wanna get MGS4 and Gundam Crossfire. Plus, my PS2 still has tones of life left in it, and a handful of games I have yet to even play...so I think I'll wait awhile till I get any of the next gen consoles.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Nagato21

I am all for PS3.
Not just because I am a fan of Sony fils prodige, but because Sony has always provided original good games.
No disrespect to Xbox, but the games on this console are kind of arcade and too cliche. Except for Splinter Cell and Halo.
Beside many games for the X360 where kind of dissapointing, I was expecting a lot more.
The price for the PS3 is big, but the demand will certainly compensate for it.
As for the Wii I am not sure, but I also get the feeling it will be a huge sucess , I've seen some presentation such as the new Zelda and other games for the console and its rather cool.
Anyway Ps3 will be a huge boom in exactly 20 days and 9 hours
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Scheusal

This is a tough desicion for me, because I think that all three systems have a CHANCE of coming out on top, and the race wil be close.

The 360 had a head start on the other two, and I think this makes it most likly to come out on top.

The Wii is employing some very interesting ideas with its controller, which makes it a very strong contender if gamers like it.

The PS3 is up there in terms of performance, but the price tag is too steep for most people, which is what I think makes it least likely to take first.
I am a Zeon pilot.
Those who launch with me will be protected.
Those who launch against me will be destroyed.
Any questions?

I have high hopes for the Wii actually, the control is an intresting concept...sadly, Nintendo consoles don't exactly last long. The Gamecube only lasted a few years after all
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Blauer Nebel

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I have high hopes for the Wii actually, the control is an intresting concept...sadly, Nintendo consoles don't exactly last long. The Gamecube only lasted a few years after all
Mine lasted for its entire life cycle (4 or 5 years), and it was first gen too. I ended up buying another one so my bros and I could keep playing SSBM.

Which brings up why I believe Wii will come out on top: Super Smash Bros. Brawl with online play, featuring Solid Snake. Doesn't get any better than that.
Assume the best. Prepare for the worst; for I have the hands of a saint and the mind of a sinner.
Adrune

Win Win

X-Box is a juggernaught backed up by the Microsoft Giant,virtually unlimited RND on Hardware power and game library, my hats off to X-box, since Nintendo opted for a cheaper and watered down WII compared to the PS and X-box, X box will win.
"Murderer? ..no.. I prefer Mortality technician" - Vlad
-Gundam Zzeed Destiny

"Find a tactic to kill him in a non lethal way" - Kira Yamato
-Gundam Zzeed Destiny
Chris
Administrator

Adrune wrote:Win Win

X-Box is a juggernaught backed up by the Microsoft Giant,virtually unlimited RND on Hardware power and game library, my hats off to X-box, since Nintendo opted for a cheaper and watered down WII compared to the PS and X-box, X box will win.
Just because Microsoft has a lot of money, it doesn't mean it's unlimited. And even if it were, it wouldn't make a difference. By your logic, the 'unlimited' research and development should've made the Xbox the top console in the last generation. But it was a complete failure in Japan, and a distant second to PS2 in America. And nothing has changed now. After a year head start, where are 360's killer app titles? What does it offer anyone that isn't on PS3? Throwing lots of money into a console doesn't mean people will buy it. A console needs good games, regardless of its graphics power or how much money went into its development.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
bluemax151

TRUE STORY: The Japanese people hate Bill Gates and Microsoft.

Truthfully all the next gen consoles suck and have very little to offer. If it weren't for certain titles and bragging rights people wouldn't be as motivated to buy them.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010

Adrune wrote:Win Win

Sony and Nintendo has big name companies like Square Enix, Konami, and Namco Bandai. And wouldn't you think people would go for the Wii, sence you said its cheaper?

ZeonfromHell

I think this is going to be a repeat of the previous generation, with a few reversals. The Xbox 360 had a time lapse to capitalize on, much like the PS2 did. In the end, The PS3 and 360 will come out two relativley-tied victors, with Nintendo being the distant loser.

But here's the deal, Sony and Microsoft have two impressive products, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and the "better" one being based personal opinion. The same can be said about Coke & Pepsi, Chevy & Ford, etc etc etc. But as long as the competition is so fierce, both of them will only get better and better as time progresses. Really, everybody's a winner, unless you're a Nintendo fan :D.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Blauer Nebel

I don't think it's really fair to judge Nintendo on the same field with Sony and Microsoft as their strategy is far different from the two powerhouses. If anything, the only consoles that are actually competing against each other are the PS3 and 360. Wii is in a stand-alone-ish kind of category. If Sony and MS had done something with their consoles that actually addressed some of the Wii's features, then I would say that there was a legitimate three-way console war going on.
Assume the best. Prepare for the worst; for I have the hands of a saint and the mind of a sinner.

Blauer Nebel wrote:I don't think it's really fair to judge Nintendo on the same field with Sony and Microsoft as their strategy is far different from the two powerhouses. If anything, the only consoles that are actually competing against each other are the PS3 and 360. Wii is in a stand-alone-ish kind of category. If Sony and MS had done something with their consoles that actually addressed some of the Wii's features, then I would say that there was a legitimate three-way console war going on.

Plus, from what I notice Nintendo's bigger focus seems to be on there portable gaming systems...as well as doing everything they possibly can to milk Mario. :roll:

Gambit01

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:

Plus, from what I notice Nintendo's bigger focus seems to be on there portable gaming systems...as well as doing everything they possibly can to milk Mario. :roll:
When it doubt, go with the classics. If Sega were still around in a system copacity, they'd be Sonic-ing away as well.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
sniperwolf

I think the PS3 will be on top becuse,Sony looks like it put a lot in this project becuse they stalled the project probably to make some big changes so the waite may be long but woth it.
Whenever you see that red laser on your shirt, be very afraid........
RGM-79 GM

i say PS3.
1. Sony already has the largest fanbase out of the three companies and a lot of Sony fans will buy a PS3 simply because it is made by Sony.

2. since 360 isn't doing well in Japan most Japanese devs will probably try and stop making games for it(or atleast not making as many for 360 as they would be for PS3 and Wii) since the Japanese devs wouldn't want to make games on a system that is failing in Japan. now 360 might have an edge in the US but most of the most popular games made are from Japan so if Japanese devs stop making games for 360 and start making games for PS3 and Wii the fans of those games will probably be more interesded in getting PS3 or Wii just because of that game.

3. Wii while a great idea probably wont sell all that well outside of Japan(look at gamecube).

i'm not saying Wii or 360 will do poorly(i plan on having all three) but i think PS3 will come out on top.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Camille Vidan

I hope you guys know that a development of a game for PS3 costs 3-4 times more than one for Wii. And this means fewer games for ps3.
Corvus Moore

All comes down to the developers really and as far as that is Nintendos the only one that can support themselves with quality titles,but considering the sucess of Nintendos DS and showing how to do things differently,not to mention their rumoured 'friendlyness' with outside developers could mean that the Wii will finally get the backing it deserves.I can see the PS3 selling horribly well on nothing but hype but likely won`t be worth the time,I mean their whole major selling point,is Metal Gear Solid 4,thats really it.
Camille Vidan

That's what i'm talking about. They totally support the developers, even new creative teams who lack of starting money. And this means many good and original games, like in the DS' case.
Anonymous

iTs not like Sony ignores unique games! Can't wait for the next game from the creator of Ico and Colosus!!

Plus Metal Gears still a great game series even with its massive flaw list. Getting a PS3 and if it turns out to be a pile of shite then i'll throw my lot in with the Wii...the xbox still has yet to impress.
G.Squirrel

I have a feeling that that awful, completly creepy, PS3 baby commercial will turn off potential buyers.