Wii Launch Titles: Which will u get?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

What launch title are you getting

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
53%
Red Steel
20%
Madden 07
No votes
Rayman Raving Rabbids
No votes
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
No votes
Call of Duty 3
13%
Excite Truck
No votes
Metal Slug Anthology
13%

Total votes: 15
WingZero20xx

Wii Launch Titles: Which will u get?

in terms of the people that are getting the wii, what launch titles r u looking to get.

for me well its a tie between twilight princess, metal slug anthology, madden 07, and call of duty 3. most likely it will end up being call of duty 3 for me.
Blauer Nebel

Twilight Princess all the way!!!
Assume the best. Prepare for the worst; for I have the hands of a saint and the mind of a sinner.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

If it comes to the states...SD Gundam Revolution
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Blue 55

Twilight Princess and Call Of Duty 3. :D
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
RGM-79G GM Command

Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Call of Duty 3.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
alucard2

Tony Hawk, Zelda and maybe Red Steel :D
mcred23

I said Call Of Duty 3, as thats the only game listed that interests me. It's also the only one of those games I plan to buy...

...but not for the Wii! :twisted:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
RGM-79G GM Command

I know one we are all getting. Wii Sports. :roll: (Not that I don't want it, I just prefer other games.)
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Vash

Probably just Zelda. There's not much in the Wii lineup that excites me. Maybe if Trauma Center or Red Steel get really good buzz I'll pick up those too, but its kind of doubtful.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
WingZero20xx

i chose call of duty because well, it really gives that lightgun feel to it. i mean having to make a reloading gesture with the nunchuck is definitely fun. also one game they said will be on the wii is blazing angels: squadrons of ww2. now it got a decent score on the xbox360 but with the wii remote, it opens up the possibility of the wii remote being a control stick for ur fighter

and of course the one game we all want....SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL!!!!
Scyron

if I can get one it will be zelda. I'm planning on getting games I couldn't for the cube, since I heard it was backwards compatible.
codename:v

Metal Slugs for me, it's the only game I'm familiar around with Wii... Maybe I'll try on the Zelda game as well...
Cardi Doorl

If I were to get a Wii (and I probably won't, but still...) then I'd probably want to give Red Steel a try. I didn't enter a vote, though, as I presume that poll's only for people who're actually planning to get a Wii*.

Call of Duty 3 I'll get for another platform.

* - Not saying I'll never get a Wii - maybe, just maybe, I'll get one in the far future, but I have no intentions of getting any new consoles of any kind anytime soon.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
tetsujin

Wheeeee!

When I got my DS one of the things I wanted to do was get a couple of the games based totally around the touchscreen - because, regardless of whether you think it's worthwhile or not, or gimmicky or not, I found it rather novel and exciting, not just the fact that they had a touchscreen, but what they were doing with it. (I've had Palm Pilots for years, and all kinds of people have made games for 'em, but very few have used the touchscreen on that in any interesting ways... People mostly just found ways to use the buttons to emulate joystick controls, and implemented fairly conventional games.) When I get a Wii I'm sure I'll want to do something similar, get some games that are made for (not adapted for) the Wii wand.

Though publishing a Metal Slug game is like writing a check to my bank account. That one will be a no-brainer. I'm a bit concerned about the controls, though. Obviously, using a Gamecube or retro controller will work just fine... But the wand only has two buttons. Using the nunchuk for a game like Metal Slug seems a bit excessive, and as far as I know the wand doesn't have a third button. In the gameplay videos they got around this a couple different ways - use the tilt sensor to move the guy, and then you can use the D-pad (I guess) to throw grenades... or slap the wand to toss a grenade... and so on. I think I'd prefer it if the wand had enough buttons that you could play the game with just the D-pad and buttons, and leave the motion sensor out of it, though...
Bezerker

Twilight Princess is the PWN. Im buying the Wii for that and Madden 07 just to show my friends (there ANTI-Wii) that Xbox 360 is ok but Nintendo knows where its at.

i wish it was still the revo so i can say this:

GAME OVER *mirror* REVO EMAG lol
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Camille Vidan

Zelda and Red Steel baby. That game looked like an oldschool action movie, so i'm all over it.
WingZero20xx

one thing i do like about the wii is that its launch titles are a bit more mature than the gcn's launch titles. i mean the gcn had ssbm, luigi's mansion, star wars rouge squadron 2.

the wii, we have red steel, call of duty 3, far cry and then even after the launch then u have metroid prime 3.
Scyron

I can really care less how mature a game is because from m experience putting in adult themed material doesn't make a game good it might just make it know for it.... Postal/shadowman/lesuire suit larry anyone?

In anycase not that there is an official confirmed title but I'm sure LucasArts will make a Jedi-lightsaber fighting game using the wii-mote. And that is what I'm after.

I hope someone I know gets redsteel so I can try it out. It doesn't look like a game I would buy but would love to try out.

I'd like to buy Mario Galaxy since I haven't gotten a new mario game since snes. (yes I missed out on mario 64, sunshine, and mario ds(64 redux))
Camille Vidan

Why, postal was fun. Anyway what i'd like to try is the dbz tenkaichi(don't know which) on the wii, shooting kamehamehas will be fun with the motion sensor.
tetsujin

Scyron wrote:I can really care less how mature a game is because from m experience putting in adult themed material doesn't make a game good it might just make it know(n) for it.... Postal/shadowman/lesuire suit larry anyone?
I always thought the old LSL games were pretty funny... And "Leather Goddesses of Phobos", that was a good 'un, too.

I enjoy the occasional romp through the Mushroom Kingdom and whatnot, but I can certainly understand when people don't want that to be every game they play
I'd like to buy Mario Galaxy since I haven't gotten a new mario game since snes. (yes I missed out on mario 64, sunshine, and mario ds(64 redux))
And "New Super Mario Bros."... That was a very fun game.