General Gaming Help. (possible spoilers)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Sume Gai

Scyron wrote:
Zangetsu wrote:In Super Robot Taisen: OG for the GBA, do you get anything for getting all the battle matery points?
Not all of them, I think it is 38 or 39 out of 41 or 42 stages and you'll get a special extra stage that is against a giant crystal being, at the the meteor 3 map.

I couldn't find the direct source but I remember it was on a gamefaq at gamefaqs.
you don't even need that many with only thirty you get the extra Final stage. but if you get more the final stage gets harder (I think 38-39 is the max difficulty)

also if you have 23 BM's by stage 26 and do the BM for that stage you get the Shishio Blade
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Toxicity wrote:In Armored Core 3, how do I complete the MT Training exercise mission without taking a single hit so I can get that back part that increases ammo storage?
*from memory*

Use Crow extensions and Decoy inside parts. Take a very light frame for dodging missiles and no weapons. You'll want to position yourself very far away from the MT units so that it will be obvious when missiles are coming at you and from which direction. (Seeing missiles on radar is nice, too.)

As soon as the mission starts, deploy a decoy and back-pedal to the edge of the mission area. Every time you use Crow, I think it lasts for exactly ten seconds. You'll be able to count with the mission timer. In between Crow's reload times, you'll just have to deploy a decoy and dodge. Eventually, Crow will be used up and you'll only rely on the decoys and your dodging abilities.

I hope you're good at dodging missiles. It's not as bad here as when you're facing giant MTs though. =)

This was one of the missions I had the most fun with. It's nice to feel invincible.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Omega

AC4 Question: How the hell do i turn those three nexts waiting at the end of Ch. 4 into smoldering junkheaps?

AC2 Question: Is there an EX Arena? i heard there was.
Toxicity

For AC4: Bring weapons that can inflict lots of damage in a single shot - stuff like sniper cannons, Hi-laser weapons, or grenades and put them on something that has enough capacity to stay in the air the entire (just put all your FRS into EN capacity and equip the Polaris main booster).
VR7

Oh, three nexts. For some reason I thought of Marche Au Supplice. :P

If you want to bring heavier ordnance, use a Sirius cannon or Canopus. I don't recommend grenades (maybe grenade rifles?) or sniper cannons--a medium or light AC wouldn't have the stability to fire them safely, and a heavier AC would have a harder time evading Kojima weaponry.

I would bring an MR-102 and a Motorcobra, but you could bring dual rifles if you want. Don't waste any of your ammo on the enemies, just head straight to the three prototype Nexts. Depending on the difficulty they will use some enhanced Kojima weapons (Hard mode) or laser blades (Normal). On the former, just dodge a lot, and on the latter, just shoot them one by one, dodge if they charge at you.

Don't bring blades unless you're playing on Hard mode--I usually bring hangar blades everywhere I go, but on Normal, you will probably die if you engage a prototype Next in a blade fight.
-noel
Toxicity

Whoops. I thought you meant Marche au Supplice too. Nevermind me..... :mrgreen:
Folken Fanel

In Star Wars: KOTOR, after discovering and learning how to communicate with the stowaway on the Ebon Hawk, what do I do next? I've figured out that she's from Dantooine, but I'm lost after that. Please help! I've never been able to figure this sidequest out.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Sume Gai

FF

There is a guy on Dantooine in the area near the landing pad (He should mention he's looking for a lost girl). talk to him to continue the quest.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Folken Fanel

'Kay, thanks. I've always just gotten sick of her and kicked her off the ship...while I was on Korriban.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Omega

Thanks Toxicity and VR7, both your suggestions helped me fry those junkheaps.

Anyway, now i've got two questions for two games, though i hope somebody here has played Blue Dragon.

Armored Core 4: anyone familiar with the mission where you've got to take out a laser before it brings down a satellite? Are there PA Rectifiers for it, or do i have to try and take it out before the timer runs out?

Blue Dragon: What level do i need to be at for challenging the Aurora Ruins and how the heck do i kill the Stoneasaurus?
VR7

Armour Coar 4oarz

Ehrenburg Cannon? :P

Most people fail to see a structure along the way to the Ehrenburg. That structure contains the PA generator for the Ehrenburg. Destroy it and you can attack the Ehrenburg without having to worry about piercing the primal armor.

I didn't realize a timer existed for the mission until my second or third playthrough through the mission.
-noel
Seraphic

The PA generator looks like a little dome structure underneath a little building thing. You'll run right into it if you just boost forward as soon as the mission starts. I don't really recommend attacking the Ehrenburg without destroying this first. >.>

There also happens to be a second PA generator you can destroy. It'll be to the right. Taking this one out usually isn't necessary though.

I recommend using a laser blade or a regular blade for this mission, but you have to know exactly where to aim, so that can be tricky. (Jump once and attack the Ehrenburg in the middle of that rib-like section.) The first time I did this mission, I just freaking unloaded my machineguns into the tower while dodging fire from the laser turrets. I was near death when it was over, but it was mad fun.

Good luck. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Omega

Sorry, never been good at remembering mission names...

Thanks, now on to blue dragon: has anyone been to the aurora ruins?
if so, how do i kill the boss that's practically right in the front door?
Omega

Ok... question for the Xenosaga fanboys out there: How do I turn that megazord wannabe Erde Kaiser Sigma into a smoldering junkheap?
Sume Gai

you need to use the the other Erde's

I don't remember completely but one shield can be broken by the original Erde another by Dark and another by Fury. after that I remember spamming Fury and Dark to break and rape.

Omega

Ok... now the question becomes how do i get my hands on them?
Sume Gai

now I haven't played in a while but I'm pretty sure each of them is inside a Segment Code door

Omega

Thanks, since it means trashing that Megazord wannabe, i'm gonna have fun.
Omega

Grr... Can't believe i need help catching up with my brother...

Now i need help with Sol Dios...
Seraphic

Damn, Omega. You sure do need help a bunch. It sounds like you have a brother who plays also. Why not ask him for help?

But I'm thinking you're trying to surpass him in secret or something instead, and so asking us for help is less conspicuous? Just keep practicing a bunch man. Stay on your toes.

Anyway, Sol Dios will probably be your easiest S-rank. VR and I discussed methods on dealing with Sol Dios somewhere back in the AC4 thread.

Any gun weapon will work really, but for simplicity's sake, just take a pair of Sakunami grenade rifles for your hands. If you're accurate, you should have more than enough ammo for all of them.

The Sol Dios has a weakpoint in the barrel of its Kojima cannon. (That huge ball thing on its back.) Just target the barrel when it's glowing, and usually you can disable a Sol Dios in one volley. The units come in groups of three, but you only need to take out one amongst a group because the following Kojima reaction destroys the others.

If you have a mobile AC and the pair of Sakunamis, you should be able to beat the mission before White Glint starts being a jerk.

VR also said that the Sol Dios has another weak point that is a vent underneath its body. I haven't looked for these yet, but I guess we'll just take his word for it. If you're attacking these instead, don't use grenades unless you like it when explosions go off in your face. =p

Have fun with this. And when you can, try it again with different weapons. It gets pretty crazy if you're using machineguns.
-Antares