Tis a good day for Megaman

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Omega

Tis a good day for Megaman

Seems Capcom had some good sense after all; Nearly 7 years since the last Megaman game, Capcom FINALLY decides to make a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0

Megaman 11 is coming to current Consoles late 2018, and along the way, they're also doing 2 other things...

1) Porting both Megaman Legacy Collections to the Nintendo Switch
2) Bringing every mainline Megaman X game to current consoles next year (IDK if this is going to be like a Megaman X Legacy Collection or what though)

Sure, they probably couldn't resist bringing back Megaman after Mighty No. 9's fall... But it surprised me to learn a bit about the reasoning behind Capcom not giving us a new Megaman. It being that they weren't sure who'd be worthy of it after Inafune's time at the helm.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Tis a good day for Megaman

I've been playing these games since Mega Man 3 on the NES was the *newest* in the series, so it's safe to say I'm a long-time fan. I want to be excited about this, but Capcom has mismanaged this franchise for a long time, and they're not the same company they were in the glory days of the 80s-90s. I'll need to play a demo before I can get really excited.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Henyo

so all of those appearances in other stuff lead to this. not gonna complain. but im more an X series fan than the classic. the only classic games i've finished are 7,8 & Bass, and the 2 arcade Power Fighters. i sill wish this new entry be successful so that we can get a new X series entry. those X8 endings! ARRGHIES.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Omega

Honestly, i'm just looking forward to a good Megaman game. Capcom would be fools to not give Megaman 11 the polish it needs to live up to the rest of the game. But as for what I hope, the fact that the energy meter for Rush powerups is literally visible right at the start is cool, but I hope they give you multiple ways to use Rush without having to equip multiple Rush weapons.

Beyond that, I hope Megaman 11 has multiple ending, and that they surprise us with more optional weapons for Megaman too. Hell, Megaman 11's new mechanic could be like a precursor to X's Giga Attack mechanic.
Henyo

Omega wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 am Honestly, i'm just looking forward to a good Megaman game. Capcom would be fools to not give Megaman 11 the polish it needs to live up to the rest of the game. But as for what I hope, the fact that the energy meter for Rush powerups is literally visible right at the start is cool, but I hope they give you multiple ways to use Rush without having to equip multiple Rush weapons.

Beyond that, I hope Megaman 11 has multiple ending, and that they surprise us with more optional weapons for Megaman too. Hell, Megaman 11's new mechanic could be like a precursor to X's Giga Attack mechanic.

Multiple endings, yeah, that's what's been missing in the Main Classic games. and like some people, i would like more lead ups to the x timeline in mega man 11. 9 and 10 had the expiration dates and roboenza virus.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
hitokirigarou

Also, Mega Man has made it into Super Robot Wars, although it's a tower defense style game (X-Omega).
Kuruni

IIRC, the intro is lifted directly from Rockman games, it's 20XX when humans and robots live in harmony XD .

Oh, and at one point Shishioh Guy is the one who stop Forte/Bass (both voiced by Hiyama) and even point out why he can't beat Rock as he is.
My girlfriend was a loli.