Red Ash/Nefarious

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
degwin_zabi

Red Ash/Nefarious

Given the name of the site is Mecha Talk, I'm sure that many would understand why it sounds as if it's only about Gundam and perhaps other Mecha related topics. Still, since there is some talk about Arkham Knight and Final Fantasy among other things, I might as well spread the word about Red Ash: The Indelible Legend, it's anime prequel, Red Ash: Magicicada before it's August 3rd and perhaps Nefarious which relies on PayPal now.

According to some sources, Red Ash has similarities to Mega Man Legends in the treasure hunting science fiction aspects. Two of the main characters share names with the main protagonists of the upcoming Mighty No. 9 which is largely agreed upon as the Classic Mega Man's spiritual successor. I backed $45 to it's Kickstarter sites, but they're supposed to close on August 3rd and they haven't got enough money for their initial goals yet. I sent a message through Kickstarter to Comcept about more advertising and getting more money through PayPal like Nefarious is doing now.

Nefarious, has been talked on as being the inverse of the Mario, Princess Peach, and Bowser dynamic. The player character is a "classic villain" who kidnaps at least five princesses in an attempt for world conquest and fights small heroes in a giant robot. The Kickstarter closed almost a year ago, but they're relying on PayPal now to get more funds for singing heroes and three more princess stages.

You guys don't have to support these, if you don't want to. I just thought they were some things good enough to talk about. Their concepts really intrigue me. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mi ... ble-legend https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mi ... y-studio4c http://nefariousgame.com/slacker-backer-paypal/
Gelgoog Jager

Re: Red Ash/Nefarious

I'm currently backing both projects, but I still think it was a bad idea to push both projects at once. Still, I hope they both can get additional funding through PayPal.

By the way, I just tried the prototype released for the game's campaign: there's little to do, but Mega Man Legends fans will probably enjoy it.
degwin_zabi

Gelgoog Jager wrote:I'm currently backing both projects, but I still think it was a bad idea to push both projects at once. Still, I hope they both can get additional funding through PayPal.

By the way, I just tried the prototype released for the game's campaign: there's little to do, but Mega Man Legends fans will probably enjoy it.
I think it sounds very good. And thanks.
degwin_zabi

Just got an email that the Red Ash game is now a-go with a new partnership. Let's hope it lasts and turns out good.
Gelgoog Jager

I feel inclined to cancel my pledge for the game and instead put that money for the anime, specially now that the game has been backed by another company and is basically guaranteed to happen now.

I'll wait until they update the stretch goals to decide.
degwin_zabi

Gelgoog Jager wrote:I feel inclined to cancel my pledge for the game and instead put that money for the anime, specially now that the game has been backed by another company and is basically guaranteed to happen now.

I'll wait until they update the stretch goals to decide.
It could still use some more money for extra content. These Kickstarters need to be advertised more often.
Gelgoog Jager

I think they shouldn't have launched the two kickstarters at once, since they overlap a segment of the people interested and in turn splits the potential pledges.

I would certainly like for the game to get more content, and if possible I will definitely be interested in making additional contributions through PayPal. But the fact remains that the game is basically secured and the anime is not yet, and I'll for both of them to happen.
degwin_zabi

Yeah.
degwin_zabi

The game is almost at $500,000 while the anime has at least $20,000 to go.
degwin_zabi

One last day for the Kickstarters. From what I understand, they'll stop at noon tomorrow. Don't suppose anyone here's got at least a wealthy game-lover for a friend.
degwin_zabi

Final day. The anime seems to have been accepted, but unless they find a way to get more funds, I don't think we'll get to see the full versions of both it and the game. And I really wanted to see the village reconstruction part. :(
degwin_zabi

It's over now. The game is probably in Fuze's hands now while the anime was lucky enough for the first goal. Hopefully, we'll get something about PayPal soon so that when it comes in the next two years or so, Red Ash will fit the "legend" bill.
degwin_zabi

The anime's getting some money from a company called Motion Gallery. Don't suppose anyone's got any Yen on them. https://motion-gallery.net/projects/Red ... EAINMATION