Gundam Battle Opertion Next

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Lord Dearche

Gundam Battle Opertion Next

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/f2p-gundam-b ... ta-out-now

Sequel to the old Battle Operation Free to Play, Pay to Win game from a few yeras back. This one is on PS3 but also PS4.

You can get into the beta right now.

But so help me god this better now ****ing be the "Project All gundam"...
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam Battle Opertion Next

Huh. That's surprising, they just updated the original Battle Operation last week, so this is kinda out of the blue haha, didn't think they'd do a sequel until after they stopped.

I doubt this is the project though, given that the trailers have been PS4 only, plus I don't think they'd be hyping a sequel to Battle Operation in 2013 (When the original 'Gundam on PS4' thing happened) when Battle Operation came out in June of 2012.
Lord Dearche

Nope, I called it, because I'm awesome in some mystical way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHhyC8M5cgU

It's officially the Project All Gundam.

......GOD
DAMN
SUNNUVA
*****!

you just don't quit ruining everything, scamco?
Xenosynth

What. Why. How? Why? What? Gahhhhh.

Going off gameplay I don't think this was even originally a Battle Operation title. I think they probably saw how that game did and turned it into that. Because there was no way they had this planned out a few months after the original before it was even doing that well. The actual way the mobile suits control is nothing like Battle Operation.

The gameplay is really unfun at the moment to me. Guns are a pain to aim, the control setup default is really bizarre, using melee is ridiculously difficult... it's not really that fun at all.
Lord Dearche

The game just sucks ass overall. It plays nothing like Battle Operation. ALso, it's region locked. While a non JP account can start the game, you can't connect to matches unless you're using a JP account.
NastyNate

I missed the announcement of this game. I would have liked a full release game. I never played Battle Operation much since the free to play stuff was not fun for me.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Gelgoog Jager

I have continued to play Battle Operation on the PS3 and I'm actually find of some designs decisions regarding some MS.

However, I'm not looking forward to BON, namely because as a fan of Zeon MS I can't help but think that they will be relegated to low tier units compared to Gundam units that will largely most likely make up most of the high level tiers of MS.

I hope I'm mistaken, but if I'm not, I think I'll not make the jump to BON.
Mimeblade

I tried this game and I have no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.
Gelgoog Jager

Mimeblade wrote:I tried this game and I have no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.
In the end I did made the jump to BON, and fortunately so far there do are some high tier Zeon units (as well as some mono-eyed ZAFT units that would feel just at home among Zeon ranks) that are on par with Gundam type units.

Is there any specific question you have?
Mimeblade

Not really... I'm just completely lost. I guess you can only play people with JP accounts in netplay, but beyond that I have no clue what I'm doing.

Gundam Breaker 2 made more sense than this game.
Gelgoog Jager

Well, in that case let's start with the menus (I will assume that at least you already created your avatar):

-There are 3 tabs on the left and 6 boxes on the right. Among these the most important is the left op tab which is for starting battles. If you simply press circle a few times you will be sent directly to a random match (although you always need to pick between two different available maps which include a picture of said map).

-Then you simply can wait until the room you sent becomes full, or hit the option button and select the first available while tab in that menu, which will take you to a window showing the names of the people currently on the room. In that menu there will be two tabs: the bottom tab is for leaving the room, while the top tab is for searching for another more populated room. From personal experience I will say that you will usually need to use the later button a couple of times before it sends you to a different room, and in some cases it will take several tries until another room is found.

-Back to the main menu, go to the top left box, which will send you to the MS shop. There you will be sent to a general list of MS, but you can change the tab to be sent to the General Use (green symbol), Melee (red symbol), Raid (yellow symbol) and Support (blue symbol) types MS tabs respectively. IIRC, you start the game with 4 general use MS: Zaku II, GINN, Strike Dagger and GM. All these units are 200 base cost units. I mention this since you'll see them in the shop available for purchasing their respective LV 2 version.

Regardless of whether you want to buy a new MS or upgrade one you already have, you have to spent both development points (earned in battles, sometimes as log in bonus or by selling parts you don't need), the necessary parts (both type and number) to buy/upgrade the unit, and sometimes also battle memory (earned as rewards for achievements in battle).

For some quick reference to the earliest parts available:
-Armor plates: these look like rectangular plates of metal and tend to be the most requested part for any MS early on.
-Joints: literally look like an MS arm without armor on top of it.
-Booster: literally look like a rocket nozzle
-Generator: hard to describe, but it's like a large mechanical device (and the only other part early on).

At first you will only get parts in two flavors: regular bronze and shiny bronze (the picture literally looks like bronze with some light lines on top of it). These are Rare 1 and Rare 2 respectively. You'll need the precise type of part for any MS, so you can't use a higher rarity part instead of the one the MS needs.

Finally, as I said earlier battle memory is earned as reward for achievements in battles. More specifically you will get battle memory every time you score 20 points for red score (generally involving killing enemies), blue score (support activities such as damaging and but an ally taking the kill, or planting radar pods), yellow score (checkpoint capture points). The final type of score is a mix of these, meaning that you will be awarded on the sum of points from all these activities. Regardless of the type, battle memory comes also in 3 flavors, bronze, silver and gold, all which require different scores, for example: red bronze needs 20 red points, while silver is achieved for getting 40. In the middle of a match you will constantly see notifications of the points you are earning, so that will be a good way for you to notice what you need to do to earn each type of point.

That should be enough to get you started with menu basics. Battle controls are more intuitive, and you can head to the training room (doesn't use energy) by selecting the first left tab and then the second tab. There you'll be able to freely try out your MS and figure out the controls. Check that out and afterwards let me know if you have any particular doubts.

One last thing, the third option (the one below training room) is supposed to be a tutorial that was added sometime after the game was available. I haven't checked it, but it might be worth taking a look at.