Star Ocean V

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Lord Dearche

Star Ocean V

Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

Star Ocean 5 is in development for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

A release date is still unannounced, but the game is developed by tri-Ace and published by Square Enix.

The game’s full title is Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness. It is set on the uncivilized planet of Feycreed, which is 6,000 light years away from Earth.

Currently revealed characters include:
Fedel Camus (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa) – The protagonist. He specializes at fencing, and protects the order of his village.
Miki Sorvesta (voiced by Nao Toyama) – The heroine. She is the protagonist’s childhood friend, and loves him like an older brother.
Lilia (voice actor unknown) – A girl who lost both her memories and emotions.

The magazine also has screenshots of a blonde swordsman and blue-haired witch participating in battle.

Battles are seamless and in real-time. Depending on the distance between you and the enemy, the way you attack changes, and pushing buttons consecutively will trigger combos.

In addition to traditional event scenes, there will also be “seamless events” such as those where enemies attack you. If the enemy apprehends your allies during these events, there will be branching outcomes.

Here’s the game’s staff:
Developer: tri-Ace
Character Designer: Akira “Akiman” Yasuda
Producer: Shuichi Kobayashi
Director: Hiroshi Ogawa
Lead Programmer: Yoshiharu Gotanda
Henyo

Re: Star Ocean V

right on! Star Ocean has a special place in my heart.(played So2, but never got to finish it myself. even the remake. 8) )

the trailer shows that SO5 is set around SD 500. is this an indication that tri-ace is going to ignore SO3's infamous plot twist?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
GX9900-Gundam-X

HOLY SHIZA ITS FINALLY HAPPENING
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Lord Dearche

It was such as stupid plot twist that no one would ever hold it against them if they just outright declared SO3 was non canon all together.
Henyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERG6W0Snio

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-x-b ... ing/.87134

McC's designs reminds me of Kirito. the woman with green hair reminds me of one of the many versions of Hatsune Miku.
Lord Dearche

Not really. That hair style in general is pretty generic long before SAO. Kirito just has a similar one.
Mimeblade

Here's hoping they follow up with a new Valkyrie Profile after this...
GX9900-Gundam-X

So am I the only one who wasn't really bothered by the twist in "till the end of time"?
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Henyo

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:So am I the only one who wasn't really bothered by the twist in "till the end of time"?
nope. you're not the only one. and this coming from a guy who hasn't played SO3 and just read/watched story walkthroughs. but it seems TriAce is going to ignore it themselves.
Lord Dearche

It was a stupid twist, that's all there really is to it.

>Everything that ever happened was all pointless because this is just some a lousy MMO played by higher dimensional beings and we're just NPCs
Turinu

SO5 (~SD 500ish) takes place between SO2 (~SD 300ish) and SO3 (~SD 700ish). So the plot twist towards the end there is still in place.

In regards to SO3, I wouldn't say it was pointless.
Spoiler
What I got from it was that it was more a virtual life experiment where it's natural inhabitants gained such an intelligence that it had become a unique (And dangerous to 4D beings) existence in its own right.

If it were just a lousy MMO played by higher dimensional beings, the inhabitants of the Milky Way Galaxy wouldn't have reached a point where they could actually access life outside of their simulated environment in order to protect themselves.

Granted, it was still pretty silly. But I wasn't too irked by it. In the end, the universe continued onward sans the interference of the 4D beings.
Regardless, it was a fun game. And I hope this new one will be, too. Totally stoked. :o
Henyo

new Trailer is out people! and we finally have a glimpse of the game in action.
all i can say is that it's going take a page out of tales of Zestiria.
Oh and 6 ACTIVE PARTY MEMBERS!