SRW Z3: Tengoku-Hen

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Lord Dearche

Re: SRW Z3: Tengoku-Hen

It's not a patch. Some guys on the internet that have nothing to do with B.B. Studio or Bamco are just going to do a "Full translation" of the game. By Full Translation they mean just menus, commands, and probably whatever else they can just copy off of what's already on the Akarasu wiki.
AmuroNT1

It's not an English patch, Play-Asia says there's a group that's going to be doing a translation as they play the game. But then, everyone's pretty sure it's just an April Fools' joke.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Raikoh

From some of the leak threads that have been around for a few days. Mind you I've only been skimming the threads mostly for images so this is most definitely not a comprehensive list.
Spoiler
-Apparently a lot of the game is just OG enemies
-Ledo and Chamber are intentionally broken. Probably because otherwise most people wouldn't use 'em.
-Gargantia's OP is in the game. Same with Sayonara no Tsubasa. No word on Groovin' Magic.
-Full Armor Unicorn has less armor than Green Unicorn
-Being Hibiki is suffering
-One of the like two dozen OG bosses is an Obari Scorpion
-Genion goes full Demonbane
-Garrod says with a smile on his face that we don't get any characters from X or Turn A outside of the main unit. Guin is working with Sidereal.
-Lunamaria is an attack-only. Athrun is not playable.
-Aquarion is locked into Solar with Sirius and Sylvia as the only co-pilots.
-Esther may be dead. WHYYYYYYY
-Shiony is back, so there's ONE small victory. No word on if she joins you or not.
-On the other hand, the Sphere Reactors all show up very early in the game, and Turn A appears early on WITH the Butterfly
-Sphere Reactors gain Sphere Acts that are +10 to a certain stat to every unit on the map. Brokenness intensifies.
-Setsuko and Rand have been keeping Crowe in debt because they need his debt-fueled power.
-Belial has very low stats in its first appearance. Leonard deliberately holds back the floodgates for his inevitable annoying-as-hell boss state
-Shinkiro has a new strongest attack that is named, no joke, "Zero Beam". Word is out on if Lelouch Narmily calls the attack.
And way more other stuff. Overloading on OG plot and shafting of a lot of returning entries aside, it's looking to be quite the insane grand finale.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Lord Dearche

So, the verdict is in. Most of the animations are still as craptacular as they were in Z3V1. Arios-sama is still top tier, but most of the animations are still meh. And for stupid reasons Alto is back in the VF-25 and Amuro in the ReGZ.

Also, spoilers.
Spoiler
It was suspected for a while ,but A.G., the little robot that ran the D-Trader and sold you his over priced merchandise is in fact The Edel, aka the original final boss of Z1. And he also now gets promoted to ship captain of DA BEARS new mother ship, " Solarion". Which is actually quite ducking broken. He even has his same seishin list from Z1. Love, Courage, Awakening etc.

As to the ship has the ability to do any of these on it's turn.
[quote]Upper Field - All units within a 3 square range of the Solarion will have their Will raised by 5, Solarion included

Tension MAX- The selected Team will have it's Tag Tension raised to MAX

Keep Combo - During the phase it's used, the Combo Gauge won't lower when the enemy isn't shot down

Dimension Call - Moves the selected Team to a space within a 4 square radius of the Solarion. The Team cannot be moved to a space that is already occupied or that can't be entered

Revive Chance - The selected Team that has already finished it's turn will have it's turns reset
To clarify, this implies that the extra turns from Double and Triple Move are also returned. And that apparently there's an allied unit with Double or Triple Move.

Full Miracle - The selected Unit (Solarion also possible) has Miracle cast on it[
/quote]

It also has a large broke as **** crew that can also launch for a special attack from it. Xine/Asakims sex doll, the 2 dead Glory Star members, and Margarette.
http://i.imgur.com/ShMciHI.jpg
Also many characters are just entirely gone. Lunamaria is only in as part of a special attack with Shin, Athrun isn't even in the game period. IJ as no data. And many others were also just removed for no real reason. MEANWHILE, They keep in some of the mose ueeless garbage characters that serve no purpose, like Hatheway and other fodder units.
AmuroNT1

For what it's worth, "Zero Beam" can actually be spotted on the lineart for Shinkirou's phase-transition cannon; in fact, I actually noted that way back when I wrote the mecha profile here: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/codegeass/gea ... pe-00a.htm
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Boy, SRW animation quality has had a MASSIVE drop in these last Z games and UX.

They love the Nu though, always blowing the budget on it

Tristan Divider animator is back now ruining the classic Sazabi Beam Saber/Beam Tomahawk rapid slices attack, blergh
Lord Dearche

For once Terada and crew didn't entirely lock everything. Banshee has been confirmed as not being pilot locked. Though Purustitute and Preventer Lightning are secrets themselves. Though doesn't explain real characters like Luna, Ahtrun, and many others just being in animations andnot actually playable yet we get stuck with garbage like Katz and hatheway.

Also apparently, the final data entry for Asakim seems to lead to that
Spoiler
That he is in fact NOT Masaki Andou which was what anyone smart knew since day one.

It's just that chances are Misaki himself is actually Asakim reborn which possible makes the entire Z franchise the prequel to every single SRW game ever.

His true identity is that of an image born from "Shurouga", a system that attempted to control the Akashic Records. Although he can't really be called a living being, he has thoughts and emotions like any human being.

Asakim intends to defeat the emissary who cast the undying curse on him, with the objective of undoing the curse and dying.

Although he was absorbed and turned into a part of Supreme Deity Z by Advent, Asakim's wish for death allowed him to steal Advent's Eternity. After his defeat and release from the curse, he departed towards a new world.

As Amuro mentioned in the land of Enchantment, this also actually backs up what Terada said ages ago that Z material was never meant to appear in OG, because it CAN'T since it's theoretically a prequel.

Also as to The Edel again,

AG is the fusion of all The Edel's personality across the multiverse.
The main personality of AG is the dirty old man The Edel back in Z1.
Evil Suzune is also a The Edel.

Genion is actually a new model of Z1 The Edel's Chaos Remres that is built by AG.
And Suzume-sensei is best Z waifu....at least tied with Shiony.
http://i.imgur.com/N8icZbm.jpg
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Well I was going to say that Banshee shouldn't be pilot-locked, just like the Zeta, Nu, and any other UC mech, because unlike the Unicorn, the Banshee never had a Biometrics security system. Pilot-locking it would have been stupid.

I look forward to trying out Amuro and Kamille in the Banshee then when I start the game. Of course, I have to wait for the game to arrive, and I'm waiting for the secrets to all get out on SRW Akurasu, and I'm still making my way through my second playthrough of Z3.1 to get full starting bonuses for Z3,.2, lengthening my game backlog even further...... T.T
Henyo

attack vids are up! not Votoms and God mars yet..
Laevateinn's is so underwhelming. with or without the booster. other series are fine.

there's just one thing i find weird:
Diebuster's sprite gets cut off at the hair. the TTGL is shown in full.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Raikoh

Actually, with the expectations, I think that the Laevateinn is fairly solid when it comes to animations. It's certainly nothing special, but being done by FMP guy, we're lucky it looks "just okay".

The animations in Z3 as a whole are a real mixed bag. It makes sense that a lot of them are just directly brought over from Jigoku, and that they saved all the great ones for Tengoku. There are units that have good choreography but just decent animation (Unicorn, Zabanya), units with good animation but terribly boring animation (Chamber, unfortunately a lot of Arios-san's stuff outside of Nu and Zeta), units that have neither (basically everything from Eva, Solar Aquarion), and units that have both (the Originals, mainly). That's sort of to be expected when you have a huge animation team I suppose.

All in all, I think the good outweighs the bad, especially when every unit that got a new attack has at least that attack look great. It's totally worth Eva looking like they cut half the frames and made them in an afternoon for Gunbuster to look so good (and "half-baked" seems to be how they handled all the Eva stuff, with the 3.0 units just getting spat out of a wormhole with no plot), FMP guy clearly put all his effort into making the Laevatein look better than the other units, Arios-san's animations are beautiful and worth it even if I complain that the choreography could be more dynamic, and the originals look better than ever. Kinda sad that they didn't bring out Genion GAI's big knife though.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Henyo

how was the story? did they manage to incorporate the new entries well into the Z world? especially Gargantia.
speaking of story, how did Votom's last two entries end up? i was really disappointed with Phantom Arc's ending.

still no God mars attack vid! WTH? :evil:
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Raikoh

Word is that the story is approximately 90% original content, with most of the entries being post-plot (rumor has that they could find literally no way to fit Eva 3.0's plot so they just have the units pop out of a wormhole after the events of the film), rehashing their old stuff by resurrecting the old boss characters (there's even ANOTHER scenario of "Flash!! The End of Evolution!") or getting stuff crammed into the last stages (I think I heard ELS don't start showing up until at least halfway through?)

Gargantia has no place in the series, not at this point. It MIGHT have fit in way back in Z1, where it had other stuff like Gundam X, Xabungle, King Gainer, etc. that it could mingle with, but they literally needed to bring an entire second Earth in to have Gargantia's setting work. It doesn't really bring anything new or unique to the cast, and the stakes are almost laughably low when some of the first bosses in the game include the Banshee, Obari Scorpion, and Leonard Testarossa. The plot has no way that it can fit with the OG story, or even the other series that are getting plot covered (mostly FMP, 00, Diebuster, and UC, a little plot is given to stuff like Shin Mazinger and Macross, and some other series get one or two stages here or there). It was just tossed in without regards to how well it would fit because of popularity. Just like Eva.

VOTOMS is covered the same as it has been in the previous Z games, I think. Just one or two stages on a route split, but Chirico still hangs out with the others (and if you don't kill Gods with his handgun, you're doing something wrong). I know that Teitania survives by default, and they give her an Order Buckler. The last stages also resurrect Fyana, though she's got no unit.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE