Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

It'd be pretty cool if you can add spikes to your Gunpla's knuckles. I wouldn't expect it to have a gameplay effect, but it'd look cool.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mimeblade

Based on screens alone, I think every little accessory costs a certain number of slots the same as Modules used to. Not sure if Modules even exist anymore except in SD (I imagine they were too broken to some people). Then again, they could just add special effects to weapons like they did in GB2 (Turn A parts have "Auto Repair", Unicorn parts have "Extended Awakening" etc).

Speaking of SD Gundams, any mention of who all will be in as "team mascots"? Or are they just A.I. buddies when you're playing solo offline or don't have 3 allies?

Here's hoping they nerfed GN Bazooka and buffed Satellite Cannon (Raiser Sword as an EX would also be nice).

I'm also hoping things like Funnels and Backpack bit setups can be added to packs that don't have them... I'd also hope for prototype "unused" designs like Delta Kai or Delta which was what Hyakushiki ended up being.

Even doing stuff like adding ZZ's High Mega Cannon to anything else would be awesome.... though I'm not sure how they'd handle "internal cannons" like Strike Freedom's chest.
Mimeblade

Famitsu Interview Translated on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comment ... lation_in/

Basic summary:
---They started making the game in 2015
---SD Gundams assist as "buddy allies" (adding modules and unique EXs), and if you're in Multiplayer one of you gets to be the SD (not sure if that's optional). Also if you're loyal to certain SDs, they teach you an EX attack exclusive to them. They also hit a "limit" and only get so strong.
---GP is very important this time around, as it's centered around Bounty Hunter and Tournament settings.
---Each part has options but they're added to the "Builders' Parts HD" pool.
---More customized enemy units (besides Bounties).
---Luck (RNG) will determine what abilities are attached to what parts, not sure if this will allow for redundant parts or inventory issues (it's basically a more balanced mix of GB1 and GB2).
---It'll be harder to make the "strongest build".
---New Stages are being added, "Western/Japanese" themed stages too.
---Cross Platform Saves exist again.
---List of SD Units shown: Knight Gundam, Full Armor Knight Gundam, Command Gundam, Musha Gundam, Musha Godmaru, Musha Victory, Zakuto Yami Shogun (SDs can have custom colors, even though they can't be modified directly).

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/01/gundam-break ... undam-more
Xenosynth

New commercial. Not a ton shown

but

A few add-ons revealed: Blitz Gundam's wrist claw, the sword strike sword mounted on the hip, and

my heart

the Advanced Hazel's booster shield.

I really really hope we have the AOZ kits in this game ;____;
AmuroNT1

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/197/1197730/

SDs have been confirmed non-playable, but you can customize them similarly to full-size Gunpla, including paint, glow colors, and the eye sticker (meaning you can change their expression).

Additionally, based off of the image of Knight Gundam with the "thief sack" patterned cape, there are a lot more pattern options now. I hope this means there's a straight-up checkerboard pattern, which will make the Crawling Chaos Gundam look much better.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Outlaw

Usui wrote:This time we're making it with considering the "long time play" point [replay value]. We looked back at the good and bad points of GB2 & GB1, so this game will undergo a new evolution.
I'm happy about this comment. My biggest (only?) complaint about the previous Breakers was the lack of replay, outside of mindlessly grinding for parts.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Mimeblade

GB1 problems:
---Inventory (fixed mostly)
---Difficult when playing Solo (was fun in some instances but a nightmare in others)
---Battles against Aces were ridiculously hard without spamming invincible EX moves.
---Part rarity (due mostly to the difficulty)
---Repetition of some stages due to the rarity of some parts
Pros:
---Due to the drop rarity of some parts it was fun to farm for them, but got tedious after a while (especially for weapons).
---Difficulty would be fun if players could get as strong as the Aces they fight (which was mostly fixed in GB2)
---Took advantage of how powerful some units were even if some parts didn't drop from common enemies (like for example the Strike Freedom units that weren't Aces, but were still a challenge to destroy in later stages).

GB2 problems
---OP parts/weapons
---very few varieties of stages to get materials that level your parts up, even GB1 had more varieties of stages to get rare parts.
---Repetition of some stages due to the rarity of some parts
---PG Bosses were too weak (especially if you wanted to clear certain challenges)
---Lacked custom enemies
---Allies couldn't be customized (even if you cleared the stage)
---GAIOS animation was too jarring/interrupted the flow of battle offline.
Pros:
---GB2 made parts/weapons easier to obtain and even if not all parts could be bought in-shop they could still be scratched.
---Colors/Animations/Attacks were slightly improved... but some weapons got over-nerfed (like Satellite Cannon).

Universal Issues:
---Easy to get shot from enemies off-screen unless you're watching the map.
---Enemies still cheat and use EX moves they don't have.
---A.I. is very poor regardless of the situation (blocks too much, only uses melee and rarely any EXs).
Outlaw

^ Well, I kinda meant from my personal opinion but, yes, that is a pretty thorough listing of the series flaws to date.

AmuroNT1 wrote:It'd be pretty cool if you can add spikes to your Gunpla's knuckles. I wouldn't expect it to have a gameplay effect, but it'd look cool.
Or you could put them on the Juagg's "hands" and, presto, Juagg Bear Trap Custom.
Best part is I could totally see some wacked out Zeon remnant doing something that crazy.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Xenosynth

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/097/4 ... 0710c3.jpg

This week's famitsu shows some new units: Zudah, Palace Athene, Gyan, Rick Dias, and Doven Wolf. Apsalus also appears to return as a boss.
AmuroNT1

Gyan makes me a happy boy.

Also, Gematsu posted some additional plot details.
As previously detailed, the story mode of Gundam Breaker 3 follows a story about youth who throw themselves into fictional Gunpla battles in efforts to revive a declining shopping district.

Here are some of the characters:

Misa (voiced by Yuka Iguchi) – She wants to create a Gunpla to revive the declining shopping district she grew up in.
Kadomatsu (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) – A researcher who works for a robot manufacturing company. He works as a support enginer for the Gunpla battle team as a hobby, and creates a Knight Gundam support robo.
Robo-Ta (voiced by Yasunori Matsumoto) – The toy bot created by Kadomatsu. He competes in Gunpla battles with Misa.
Haru (voiced by Rina Sato) – The Gunpla battles MC.

And these are some of the rivals you’ll face:
Uruchi (voiced by Ami Koshimizu)
Will (voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
Dorothy (voiced by Rie Suegara)
Rokuto (voiced by Tarusuke Shingaki)
Kamase (voiced by Kengo Takanashi)
Mochizuki (voiced by Kana Asumi)
Mitsuki (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa)
Misora (voiced by Saoir Onishi)

Xenosynth

Yeah, still surprised it took the Gyan so long! I am also hoping a few of the variants with similar parts will make it in (Sturm Dias/Silver Bullet primarily) though they aren't as simple as just part swaps so I understand if they don't.

Also, hoping that since they did the Astray Red Dragon (which was actually a Dengeki Hobby model, not a Bandai one), that maybe that means, with the Advanced Hazel likely being in (because of the booster shield), maybe the Owsla will end up in too (Since the Hrududu II and Primrose both had Dengeki Hobby releases too!)
AmuroNT1

I'm just really hoping more Build Fighters stuff shows up, since it's tailor-made for this kind of game. AND the plot ties into it.

Mimeblade

And you can't go wrong with Tomokazu Sugita. :)
Outlaw

New article on Siliconera.
Screenshots of the characters and recently announced Gunplas. Some of the screens make me think that one-on-one fights will be more of a thing in 3, wonder how they'll balance that.
AmuroNT1

I'm kinda bugged by the fact that the game supposedly has a Build Fighters-style plot, but the character and world designs scream Unicorn. If they were doing Build Fighters, they should have gotten the character designer from those series to work on it.

...And I'm severely disappointed that Kana Asumi's character is just an engineer and not a straight-up fighter. So many missed opportunities for recursive shout-outs.

Mimeblade

Hoping I'm not asking for too much here but:

---I hope Mono-eye cameras actually "move" when tracking enemies this time around.
---They actually let you change the color of beam sabers.

Also in GB2 there was mention of the female protagonist wishing to meet the player in their "own world"... I wonder if she'll make a cameo appearance, or if they'll reference GB1 and GB2 at all?

Also seems like they changed how you select sub weapons again as far as controls go. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I hope it's easier, as the dial-wheel was too distracting from battle.
AmuroNT1

The thing about GB2's plot was that it was a game-within-a-game, where the player was attending a big Gunpla event and the centerpiece was basically a Gunpla Battle machine rigged up with a single-player campaign. It got extremely meta near the end, where the good guys open up the player's cockpit and discover that it's completely empty. I doubt any characters from the previous games will show up here, given both the new character designer and direction of the plot.

Xenosynth

Advanced Hazel confirmed.
Anyone that knows me knows that I have been wanting a Hazel in since Breaker 1 so...

HELL YES.
AmuroNT1

I'm not much of an AOZ fan, but I will say I greatly preferred the Gaplant family to the Hazels.

Xenosynth

Hrairoo has an HGUC so actually it is still a possibility too. It would be really cool since I think the Hrairoo is much cooler than the normal Gaplant.

I know in-universe AOZ has problems but I think the Woundwort and Hazels changeability makes them some of my favorites. In a lot of my top designs multiple hazel and woundwort forms end up appearing. I am used to people hating on them but eh, I love them.