PS3 Gundam Unicorn

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Calubin_175

PS3 Gundam Unicorn

I just got the game and require some help in regards to Custom Cast Mode. I seem to be stuck at scenario 3 where I had to stop ReZELs from escaping the combat zone. I still haven't got rank S for scenario 2 since I could not destroy everything in time on the first stage.

So far within my cost limit (I think roughly 116), I usually deploy two Prototype Stark Jegan(regular with bazooka) and one Stark Jegan or Geara Zulu(Guards Type). The merit of the Stark Jegan lies in the anti ship missiles. I am also currently using the Irish Class, but I am not sure whether I should downgrade it to a Musai Kai to leave more room for other things.

I haven't bought any DLC's yet but plan to buy the Sengo no Sensou scenario with the Sinanju Stein. I am not sure whether unlocking any DLC top tier units at this stage would help me gain S rank and pass scenario 3.

One bad habit with me using Stark Jegans is that while they're not very fuel efficient, I tend to use the emergency boost a lot to close in to the enemy and consume too much fuel. Sometimes I have to go back to the rear lines to refuel and then spend too much time returning to the front.

I know that tuning doesn't affect low tier MS and weapons that much, and when they're sold, UC points spent on tuning will be lost.
Xenosynth

Re: PS3 Gundam Unicorn

Focus on using the hold-triangle slashes. Certain ones that slow cut the enemy grunts will give you a supply drop with a small bit of fuel/ammo. These are NECESSARY to use when using slower suits. Basically any followthrough slash that comes from holding triangle mid-combo is fair game. So like... Attack > Hold Attack, or Attack > Attack > Hold Attack button, etc. Usually the basic 'hold attack' move is just a shield bash or something that won't cut them open.
Calubin_175

After buying the Sinanju Stein DLC, it made all the stages tons easier. So in a way, it is an early game breaker at the exchange of real money. It turns out that the uptime of a mobile is the most important aspect of the game when tying to achieve the time limited objectives. The use of ally pilots who prioritise targets also makes some stages easier.

I am just playing easy mode at the moment mainly for the sake of unlocking things. However, when changing to the hard mode setting, even a Delta Plus could fail the first scenario.

The drawback with unlocking the Sinanju Stein is that it starts appearing randomly in some stages which makes them a little bit harder. This made me wonder whether unlocking any other DLC MS will do the same.
Xenosynth

It does. I own all the DLC and I regularly see the Sazabi and Delta and Stein as enemies.
Calubin_175

I've finished unlocking everything. It turns out that spec wise, the Sinanju is weaker than the Stein, but it is a lot easier to control especially in melee. The Stein rifle has extremely high damage and ammo count, but it is so to fire.

I was lucky with the 5th scenario stage 2 where I had to kill the target at the back of the colony within 1:30 minutes. On my first failed try, it was a Sinanju Stein and I never knew where the target was initially. On my second try it was a Loto, so I just used the Unicorn Gundam, boosted normally and killed it in one shot.

Now having switched to normal mode, even using the big 3 MS doesn't make it that easy. It turns out the gap between difficulty is quit high. I think even those who have tuned their MS will find hard mode quit a challenge. Of course, in the early scenarios, we can only make it a fair fight if we use low tier MS.

Another question is, does the Full Armor Unicorn get to appear as an enemy? How about Delta Kai? I've noticed that these two don't get a VS missions hence they may be treated differently.

Overall, I am very impressed with this game. The From Software engine worked really well for a regular real robot game and it is one of the first few UC games outside of One Year War. Even in hard mode, I think damage taken is equivalent to damage dealt to an enemy, so there is some player and enemy equality there.
Lord Dearche

Overall I thought the game was good. Around a 8/10. There were some issues with combat, primarily melee combat. But everything else such as the visuals and music were great. I've said it hundreds of times before, it what From Software SHOULD have made ACE R like.

The downsides overall were that it was basically just a demo since it only goes through OVA3, and that again, it was all in space so 99% of the backgrounds were just black backdrops. Minus the epic gravity well battle.