Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079 Characters

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079 Characters

Alright, so I've got a pretty big question regarding some of the game's characters. Specifically, who the heck are they? The Gundam Wikia page provides just enough information to state that a fair few were plucked from the Big Picture Book of Strategy and Tactics, but nothing else. So just who are they? How did Douglass Veda end up in command of a Magellan-class battleship? Why did Franklin Novotny end up in a shiny GM Command Space Type while Charles Kissingham and Dellis Hanover got stuck in grunt GMs? And how did Glennis Escot and Ether Turbo get their hands on very dangerous Bigros?
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Calubin_175

Re: Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079 Characters

I have played the game, but since the story is not canon, neither are the in game characters.

However, I honestly do think this is the best Gundam game ever made due to its real time engine and features such automatic targeting and fuel, reflecting the uptime of a mobile suit. However, there is a trick. If you let a mobile suit stay stationary, it won't consume any fuel and could attack anything within it's target radius forever. Some people ground experience points by letting an enemy mobile suit return for repairs multiple rounds, and damaging it continuously without destroying it when they're out.
toysdream

Nowotny, Kissingham, and Hanover all appear in Entertainment Bible 39's list of top Federation aces, and those mobile suits are the only ones listed for each character. Glennis Escott appears in the Zeon ace list as an MS-06S and Bigro pilot. That's pretty much all EB 39 has to say about them, aside from their (highly dubious) ship and mobile suit kill totals.

Douglas Bader is mentioned in passing in EB 39's body text. His ship "Hyperion" is described as the flagship of either the 3rd or 6th Fleet, depending on which page you're looking at, and EB 39 says he played a significant role in the battle for A Baoa Qu's S Field (which, in the animation, is actually handled by the 1st Battalion or "Luzal Fleet").

-- Mark
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Thanks for the info, Mark. It's kind of disappointing that they're all more or less blanks. Kind of like a lot of the EF / Zeon pilots from MSV, as a matter of fact...I should start a thread for information on everyone that isn't a central Gundam character. :P

I know I'm probably stretching, but are there any uploads / info on Entertainment Bible 39 available?
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion