gundam battlefield record 0081 question

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
ieh4f

gundam battlefield record 0081 question

which ending of battlefield record 0081 is canon, the Earth Federation or Zeon?
Xenosynth

Re: gundam battlefield record 0081 question

Pretty sure neither are canon. Games are unofficial. We've already had this talk in other threads. Animated works are the only ones that are official.

I'd assume most works would go off the Feddie win being used though if they reference 0081.
ieh4f

Xenosynth wrote:Pretty sure neither are canon. Games are unofficial. We've already had this talk in other threads. Animated works are the only ones that are official.

I'd assume most works would go off the Feddie win being used though if they reference 0081.
are u saying the feddie ending better fit with the uc timeline canon? and the reason why?
Xenosynth

Well, the thing is, the Zeon ending is the Augusta base being shot with the mass driver in 0081... so that makes no sense since Augusta base still features prominently later. So I think that answers why it would be 'canon' even though, again, the games are unofficial. Only animated works are official.
ieh4f

u said only animated works are official, so do g-saviour, the 3 MS Igloo cg series and gundam evolve short films count as official/canon?
Xenosynth

Well, better way to word it would be filmed works I guess, not animated. G Saviour, MS Igloo, etc are all filmed works.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15920

Here's the thread on the topic if you want to know more.
Calubin_175

Side Stories could fit into the continuity if you wish, but they have the potential to be voided by and superceded by some filmed work that contradicts it

I am not sure what ending the manga of 0081 Senki had.

The nature of Side Stories is that they don't like solid facts. e.g the uncertainty as to whether Slave Wraith Bret Raber's Pixie is the unit 2 or 3, so that they could still play around with future Pixies if required. Another thing is, in many Side Stories, we see an abundance of Ground Type GMs despite only 50 have been built according to more concrete choices. Even if it is for game mechanics sake, which means 20 units on screen might only present 3 units in the plot, the numerous appearances of 3 units each plus the official 12 in 08th MS Team and 12ish in MS Igloo would still exceed 50 units in total, especially the fact that we would expect them to appear in larger groups.