Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Zeonic Glory

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Thank you very much for the information. Most of what I had been keeping up with were which units were being put in, as well as some changes to existing units. I didn't know much about the specifics with the actual effects of each Burst, so it's very helpful to know the effects going in.

Just as a heads up, the list with the new units has the model number for the Crossbone X-3 given correctly, but the name is put down as the X-2.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
AmuroNT1

Thought about adding in more technical info like HP adjustments, but I figured that'd probably be a little too in-depth unless people are really that interested.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Zeonic Glory

Are there a lot of HP changes to existing units? I'd be interested in seeing that, myself.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
AmuroNT1

Added the HP changes as well as new stages and BGMs.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Zeonic Glory

Thanks for the additional info. Looking at the BGM list, I'm glad I preordered the Premium G Sound Edition.
yazi88

I really wish Destiny's 3rd OP Bokutachi no Yukue was in G Sound Edition, it was previously used in Gundam vs Gundam Plus for the PSP! Maybe DLC?

Sadly SRW hasn't used this song as a BGM either. Although ACE R did...

Altough I highly doubt Bandai-Namco puts songs as DLC, but then again, aren't the songs bundled with the DLC playable suits? I think Blue Destiny and Xi Gundam had their BGMs in Extreme Vs.
AmuroNT1

Sometimes they bundle songs with the DLC, as with Blue Destiny and Xi like you said. But of course they aren't consistent; even though it seems like they give music to new series, the Strike Noir didn't get an original track and just piggybacked on Destiny's second slot (until FB added in Hoshi no Tobira).

But like I said in the chat on Saturday, the Custom Soundtrack option will still be in the vanilla game, so if you're so inclined you can put any of the Premium songs in on your own. They did exactly the same thing with Kamen Rider: Battride War earlier this year.

yazi88

You're right, I forgot about the custom soundtrack feature, I'm also lazy about that but its a option to say the least.
Kratos

Woah, what, the Custom Soundtrack feature is still in the regular edition? All the solicitations of the games led me to believe that that was the big selling point of the G-Sound edition.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
AmuroNT1

No, the big selling point of the G-Sound Edition is that it lets you be lazy. :P

As I said, they did this EXACT situation with Kamen Rider: Battride War. The game came in two editions, vanilla and premium, the latter coming pre-loaded with 20-something bonus vocal tracks from the featured series. I got the vanilla edition, and it still had a Custom Soundtrack feature, which meant that I could, and did, add in all the tracks that were on the premium version (and more). All the premium edition does is give you that stuff on-disc with no extra effort involved in editing the MP3 and putting it on your Playstation's HD.

Which is why I keep pointing people towards Youtube user BrawlerGX9001, who's already MADE perfect game loops of a ton of Gundam songs and even includes download links, so all one has to do is take the five minutes or so to DL the files, then put them onto the PS3, and save themselves the extra money they'd spend on the G-Sound Edition.

Arbiter GUNDAM

AmuroNT1 wrote:No, the big selling point of the G-Sound Edition is that it lets you be lazy. :P

As I said, they did this EXACT situation with Kamen Rider: Battride War. The game came in two editions, vanilla and premium, the latter coming pre-loaded with 20-something bonus vocal tracks from the featured series. I got the vanilla edition, and it still had a Custom Soundtrack feature, which meant that I could, and did, add in all the tracks that were on the premium version (and more). All the premium edition does is give you that stuff on-disc with no extra effort involved in editing the MP3 and putting it on your Playstation's HD.

Which is why I keep pointing people towards Youtube user BrawlerGX9001, who's already MADE perfect game loops of a ton of Gundam songs and even includes download links, so all one has to do is take the five minutes or so to DL the files, then put them onto the PS3, and save themselves the extra money they'd spend on the G-Sound Edition.
Vanilla version it is then. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Mu La Flaga

I think the only slight difference was/is also, that the regular doesn't have boss rush mode or something, I believe.
Don't quote me on that though, Amuro probably knows better then I do and I am probably going to consider grabbing the standard if this really is the case.
It would make the game somewhat more reasonable price wise.
AmuroNT1

I assume you're talking about Full Boost rather than Battride War, since the former is what we're actually talking about here. :)

Anyhow, if the feature was advertised in the big trailer, then odds are it'll be on ALL versions of the game. You don't advertise something like that and then turn around and tell people it's restricted to premium buyers.

balofo

Big Zam is also a new boss in arcade FB
Mu La Flaga

AmuroNT1 wrote:I assume you're talking about Full Boost rather than Battride War, since the former is what we're actually talking about here. :)

Anyhow, if the feature was advertised in the big trailer, then odds are it'll be on ALL versions of the game. You don't advertise something like that and then turn around and tell people it's restricted to premium buyers.
Yeah I was refering to Full Boost, since the poster above(Arbitter Gundam) is going for that.
And hey it might be more fun to make a custom soundtrack and make it cheaper.
InjuredPelican

I've been a long time fan of this series, since FedvsZeon released on PS2. I don't play online very much, but I do highly enjoy Extreme VS, even if I have some preference for Next Plus still. Looking forward to the new game release, but I might wait a bit for a possible price drop and to see how people deal with the online pass silliness.

My personal favorite units in EXVS is Sazabi, Alex, and I'm really digging the Strike Gundam. can't wait to play as a fully functional Impulse Gundam!
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

Have some Ex-S debut trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAsHYXfnRPw

Love the mix of Superior Attack there. Also it'd be kinda nice if they added Ryo Roots in as part of a later patch/update. It doesn't make sense NOT to include him, especially since his VA is already on the payroll.

yazi88

I find it quite amusing that the only opponent the EX-S is fighting is its brother/sister/sibling suit, the ZZ or rather Full Armor ZZ.

Although that does seem to be a silhouette of a pilot during the cut-ins so they might add Ryu in later.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well I've come to an impasse. I can either pay the 14.90 that FedEx is offering on Playasia or use the free service and wait up to twenty one days to get the game. Yep a jacked up total versus a potential near month of waiting. I might just cave in and pay FedEx.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

Well, you're bound to get a little Christmas money, aren't you? :)