Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Actually, in terms of playstyle and having to adapt to what you have... they are VERY different from their counterparts.

Heavyarms Kai TV has way different ammo problems to deal with and work with. It also looks like it'd be much more viable compared to the now 2.5k Heavyarms Kai EW. Full Open is now its own ammo as well which could be nice, rather than linked to the ammo of its weapons.

Deathscythe Hell TV looks VERY similar to Blitz/Sandrock's playstyle, we'll have to see how it plays properly with its counterparts.

Just because the moves are somewhat similar doesn't mean their playstyles competitively are going to be that close, which is what makes both of these interesting to me.
Lord Dearche

For the most part no one uses these Extra Line series clone suits competetively.

It's a shame that they keep putting out the same units with a new hat instead of actually just releasing NEW suits that should have been in the game ages ago.
Xenosynth

Uh, you do realize that some clones are actually? Like Haman Acguy actually being better tier-wise as well as in terms of how often it is played compared to normal Acguy. And the Heavyarms looks like it's going to be given the reaction from people to its altered playstyle, and the fact that Heavyarms Kai has dropped a lot due to its cost increase, much like other suits that got cost increases (such as Zeong.) Gato Gelgoog also is on par with Char's Gelgoog, and Silver Sumo, while technically losing some functionality, is still about on par with Gold Sumo (in Full Boost at least.)

And actually, the Harute is a very solid new unit looking at it. Relatively low damage output (For a 3k just on raw move hits), but ridiculously unmatched speed (that Trans-Am MA), ammo, etc. So we got 2 semi-clones that actually play differently if you aren't at bronze level play, as well as Harute, which looks like it's a solid 3k, with some people thinking it actually looks pretty scary. And so... I dunno what you are complaining about with 'units with a new hat' when they've consistently released new units just as they had for full boost, as well as the addition of clone units that you have to play differently due to cost differences (such as having to pay attention differently to team health regulation), ammo differences, etc.

I just find the comments for Deathscythe Hell and Heavyarms Kai TV versions being straight clones to be somewhat false, given the comments made by people I know from Dustloop and various other sites who follow Maxi information really closely. DSH TV is probably a bit closer to a clone, but basically, they nerfed his neutral game (lack of vulcans in shield mode which are an important thing with the 2.5k EW version), but has a higher focus on using the Hyper Jammer effectively. The only issue is really seeing how he as a 2k compares to Blitz, who is currently a really good unit.

I could only really see complaints for the 2 TV units as valid if we weren't also getting a good new 3k out of it. So... yeah.
AmuroNT1

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see DSH and HA Kai in the game. I was just wishing that their movesets were a little more varied, maybe borrowing a little more from their Next Plus counterparts. If HA Kai turns out to be an actually viable Heavyarms (compared to the sadly disappointing HA Custom) I'll be more than happy.

And from videos I've seen, Harute's missiles can track even at green lock...not sure if they'll get nerfed or if it'll become the new Ex-S.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

We'll need more gameplay vids but yeah, I'm 80% sure that the Heavyarms TV will be WAY more viable. Poor EW version suffered hard from that cost increase, not that he was really one of the best 2ks around either.

At least they fixed the Ex-S green lock glitch after a week. Some people still ban the suit regularly but it's not really that great. Xi/Ex-S/FAZZ are basically US top tier given the response of US players to those suits haha.

On watching a few more videos though, Harute, while looking good against certain matchups, does look like it can be pressured pretty easily, especially against Full Cloth. Though that might be more Full Cloth being silly atm, since they buffed it for no apparently reason. The other video I saw was it against SF, but Strike Freedom is also pretty high tier atm, so we'll have to see how it does. While not doing a ton of damage it's still able to basically fly around, fire vernierless gerobis, and be a nuisance.
Mu La Flaga

I think on a note it's nice they filled out Wing TV's lineup with the main 6 Gundams now.
The only thing missing would be Tallgeese 2 piloted by Treize(which one could hope for, weirder units have made it in at times....)

That is just me speculating, but I hope Namco-Bandai put in Akatsuki sooner or later, it's the only thing I really want to see make a return from NEXT Plus now.
AmuroNT1

If anyone's been curious about Rise of the Incarnates, Steam has opened up free early access to all users. All you need is to download it and you're good to go. I might give it a shot once I get out from under Comcast's thumb (and once I clear up some hard disk space).
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Lord Dearche

I've heard that it's bad. Like, really bad. To the point where you'll be in despair from the time one loses from having to DL and install it, and then delete it ASAP.
Mu La Flaga

Lord Dearche wrote:I've heard that it's bad. Like, really bad. To the point where you'll be in despair from the time one loses from having to DL and install it, and then delete it ASAP.
Also it's had low downloads and activity according to Steam charts.
And weird recent designs to top it off.

Bamco, we love you, but in this instance we're kind of kicking Rise of Incarnates back in your face.
Not many people seem to want it, most people want the series with giant robots that has 30 plus years of animated series to it.
Lord Dearche

Yeah the designs were just terrible. They were made with "western likes" in mind, but they ended up with nothing but Edgelords of Darkness, Hipsters, and a couple whore type characters.
AmuroNT1

Suddenly I'm reminded of Harada's sarcastic response to the people who hated Lucky Chloe in Tekken 7, suggesting that they just pack the game with nothing but beefy men.

Lord Dearche

Well actually he said that he'd make a buff nazi skinhead character or something like that for the western audience who complained.

But overall, Lucky Chloe really is a stupid design. But in her defense, A LOT of the new Tekken designs, even just wardrobe for old characters are coming out terrible.
Lord Dearche

I'm personally getting sick and tired of these damn unlocks.

Specifically because all they're doing is causing the PS4 release to just get pushed back more and more. And even after the console announcement it's usually another 6 months till the game actually comes out.
AmuroNT1

I'm actually kind of glad to see Rising; it's the second 1500-cost unit they've added to the game (the first being the Re-GZ), and I liked the design.

Also, I get the feeling that the 00 Seven Swords, which they've been teasing from the very beginning, will end up being the final unlock before the home version.

Lord Dearche

Probaby unlocked in may or June I guess. Since that would fit the 6 month time frame they seem to always use between the announcement of the console version and the December/Axmas release date.
domino

The popularity of the game in arcades seems to have dropped enough that I do agree that they'll soon release the console port. I'm eager for it because I skipped Full Boost just to wait for Maxi Boost's port. Would be funny if it is only released on ps4
Lord Dearche

Maxi is basically an upgrade to Full Boost so you won't be mising much. Hell, Bamco actually just converted the old FB arcade cabinates into the new Maxi ones instead of just outright selling vendors new machines/games.

It'll definitely be for PS4, but likewise it'll also definitely be for PS3 as well. Sony of america is doing well to make it die off in the west ASAP so people will buy PS4, but in Japan the PS3 is still very much alive and has a massive installed userbase that they know would buy maxi.
domino

I played Maxi in arcades and the EX Overdrive mode adds a different mechanic to the game that I really enjoyed. It made the matches more unpredictable.

The Maxi-exclusive suits are also the big draw for me
Xenosynth

I'm cautiously optimistic for the port of it. The original release of Maxi went over badly among the competitive scene here, and atm, the tiers are a bit skewed (With Norn and Dreadnaught being S and most everything else being pretty far below.) While they improved the system so it wasn't quite as X-Factor-y a lot of people also don't like the idea of a comeback mechanic that was as strong as the system was. Some matches certain suits (gouf custom, master gundam) would explicitly let themselves get to low life because when they were using F Drive they'd completely wipe the floor. Again that's mostly changed now, so I'm hoping that they'll just balance it a bit more before the console release, because I do know some people whose interest was killed by the change in playstyle (a lot of these people already disliked vanilla, which was a bit closer to maxi, in comparison to Full Boost, which is super neutral heavy).