Super Robot Wars Infinite Battle/Dark Prison

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
angelwingzero

Super Robot Wars Infinite Battle/Dark Prison

Two new OG SRW games announced for the PS3, Infinite Battle and Dark Prison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywIYH0yLdkI

It looks like Infinite Battle is the disk game, an action game based on the ACE:R engine.
Dark Prison seems to be a side story to 2nd OG following Shu Shirakawa's story.

If you buy Infinite Battle, then you get a code to download Dark Prison, so it's a two-for-one deal.

So, excitement?
Last edited by angelwingzero on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
AmuroNT1

Re: Super Robot Wars Infinite Battle/Dark Prison

From what we've seen, Infinite Battle looks like the SRW team trying to make their own version of the Gundam Vs. games...but using ACE's engine. Unfortunately, the trailer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I've been burned by games that looked good but turned out mediocre lately, so even as a fan of the Vs. Series I'm gonna wait and see.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
angelwingzero

AmuroNT1 wrote:From what we've seen, Infinite Battle looks like the SRW team trying to make their own version of the Gundam Vs. games...but using ACE's engine. Unfortunately, the trailer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I've been burned by games that looked good but turned out mediocre lately, so even as a fan of the Vs. Series I'm gonna wait and see.
Yeah, the animation in Infinite Battle doesn't look too good at this point. What I'm more excited about is Dark Prison. Nice new animations in the 2nd OG style, Shu, and the fact that it comes with Infinite Battle is really making me consider picking it up.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbfDb3sj ... r_embedded

And that pretty much confirms Selene's story for when they get to the 3rd Alpha story.
AmuroNT1

http://youtu.be/IyPvzof17d4

Second trailer for Infinite Battle, which confirms the following characters/mecha:
-Valsione/Ryuune
-Grungust Kai/Irm
-Wild Falken/Seolla
-Sieguarlion/Leona
-Aussenseiter/Raetsel

People at TGS also reported seeing Katina's Gespenst Mk-II as a playable. Not sure if they mean her vanilla Gessie or the Mk-II M Type G she got in 2nd OGs, but probably the latter.

Also, I finally realized what it is that bugs me so much about the stages in this game - they're so sterile. I mean, the levels in Gundam Vs. will have environmental variances like hills, cliffs, buildings, etc; everything we've seen in IFB is just a big flat expanse. Hell, for that matter the backgrounds are utterly barren. No spaceships, colonies, explosions from a distant battle...no nothing. Even if it's just window dressing, it helps make things feel a little more alive.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

angelwingzero

It looks like Banpresto knows that this brawler's probably not going to be a winner which explains pairing it with Dark Prison.
balofo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI8X3g6ewjo

PV3!

-Neo Granzon, and that isn't even the Shukutai Hou!
-Distoion Brake attack from ROE
-Cut-ins, Selena's breasts still deny physic's laws
-MP Gungrust 2, finally
-Unknown robot flying the water, must be for the last Team Hierba member: Noctour, probably the team leader
http://i.imgur.com/WrHJtTl.jpg
-Telius still in and probably useless
-Ahmad getting at least one Waza from MK games:Jahannam. Hoping for Azurail!
-Volcruz priest from ROE also appears, tie in even deeper with ROE

10 bucks Gaen is only for the first stages or so then his useless Gadifal goes to Telius.
Raikoh

As a guy who sees a majority of SRW games as a sort of "spectator sport," I gotta say that the animations look wonderful here. It's not even like Granzon needed its animations to be polished in OG 2nd, but they did it anyway! Not that I'm complaining.

On a related subject, I also noticed that Namco Bandai put up a new trailer for Infinite Battle.

It mostly is full of mainstays or newer popular characters who most people probably were expecting anyway, but I think this trailer in general is exponentially better than the previous ones. At least, I think it looks more flattering.
Last edited by Raikoh on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Shinji103

Redone animations for Granzon are awesomesauce. They're definitely making up for leaving the Granzon's animations the same in 2nd OG.

And who was it that said Infinite Battle would suck? :P That new trailer has guaranteed that I'm pre-ordering this. :D
AmuroNT1

I'm really not optimistic at all for IFB. After playing Extreme Vs for the last couple of years, this looks like nothing so much as a lazy, inferior clone. If anything the new trailer just frustrates me by showing a bunch of characters and mecha I like.

I already laid down $88 for ExVs Full Boost, so if I get IFB it won't be for a long time, after I've gotten to hear reviews.

GX9900-Gundam-X

They have Ryusei and Sanger in infinite battle I AM SOLD especially since the R-1 has not been in a fighter since Super Robot Spirits it will be nice to tear it up with Ryusei again! As for Dark Prison it looks shady (PUN TOTALLY INTENDED) Im hyped for it but as a side story I am hoping that if they debut J here they do it proper justice like Compact 3 in OGG but I think (Dear lord I hope) they are saving J's plot for OG3
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Shinji103

Neo Granzon in all it's newly redone attack animation glory.

And I'm digging the Dark Prison remix too.
Raikoh

The animations and music can't be this awesome!
Shu: "I improved them myself. Of course they are."
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
AmuroNT1

Videos of the Morale Attacks in Infinite Battle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8OQit9ne6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8jzIl5Nmn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6yQeDPrq0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS1sz2cFaaM

Unfortunately, the reviews I've heard so far don't sound positive at all. I was considering getting this game when it hit Best Seller status, but I'm not even sure how likely that is.

Xenosynth

Ugh, the more of Infinite Battle I see, the more I go "It could have been a decent PS2 title."

Seeing the ugly arena textures followed by what seems to be bland visuals on the mecha just... I wish this title could have been so much more. Maybe Ex Vs spoiled me or something but seriously, this game looks dated, and it's an END of the PS3 lifetime game, you'd think Banpresto could pull something a bit better =/

Even the way they worked the attack effects + impacts just look... blah. The explosions and death animations look blah. The clunky looks make me wonder if the control scheme is just as clunky.

Is this at least a discount game, like Gundam Unicorn from From Software was? That game looked like it had a ton more work put into it but was only like 5000 yen for a starting price.
yazi88

It looks like a uglier ACE R with even slower and clunky gameplay. Its like taking all the crappy elements of ACE R and multiply it.

Kind of looks like a rush job as well. You would think they could've have gotten the Gundam Vs development team or even the older capcom developers to make this game.
SCuDgundam

It would have been alright, y'know? It would have been halfway decent, if it had local multiplayer. I bought it under the assumption that it would have such a thing, on account of it being a goddamn fighting game.

But no, it doesn't, and thus it is now worth as much to me as a sack of crap.

Dark Prison is awesome though :mrgreen:
HDKirin

One day they'll make Super Robot Wars OG Extreme Vs...
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | Steam | Last.fm
PSN: Zankantou (NA) | HDKirin (JP)
Mu La Flaga

HDKirin wrote:One day they'll make Super Robot Wars OG Extreme Vs...
It's a shame considering it's Namco-Bandai none of the VS series team could've helped out to improve this game....
Just saying.