Help with buying Gundam imported PSP games

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
CharGP02A

Help with buying Gundam imported PSP games

Hello all,

I was looking to buy Gundam PSP games. However, every time I look, I keep finding new ones that aren't in the Gundam games list in Wikipedia. Therefore, I was wondering if someone could help me.

As far as Gihren's Ambition is concerned, there seems to be 4 games in that series. I see Gihren no Yabou: Axis no Kyoui, Gihren no Yabou: Axis no Kyoui V, Shin Gihren no Yabou, and Gihren no Yabou: Zeon no Keifu. This confuses me. What is the difference between Axis and Axis V? If I were to be a Gundam game collector, would it be worth it to have all 4 of these Gihren games? Could someone explain to me the difference in each?

Regarding the "Gundam Battle" series of PSP games, I heard that all of the games are essentially the same with each one just adding a new series or two. If this is the case, is it only worth it to play Gundam Assault Survive or should I want to play all of them?

Regarding the Gundam AGE PSP games, is it the case where it's like Pokemon or those Mega Man Battle Network games where one has exclusive stuff so you have to get both?

Thanks for the help, guys. :)
"My Expectations Always Tempt Me To Exceed Them" - Milliardo Peacecraft
Xenosynth

Re: Help with buying Gundam imported PSP games

Zeon no Keifu is a remake of the PS1 game of the same name, I am pretty sure. Axis V is probably the one I'd recommend most, while shin is the newest one. Shin takes out a few units in order to add in stuff from Unicorn, but not very much, so I didn't really enjoy it as much since it's not really too much new stuff for axing a bunch of old things.

Now, Gundam Battle Universe is probably the best IMO, but Assault Survive isn't too bad either. Battle Universe is UC only, while Assault Survive adds MS and MAs from Igloo, Seed, and 00 Season 1. Both are pretty good games. Battle Universe is a bit more simplistic, while Assault Survive has a slightly more complex game, rather than single levels you have multiple maps that are interconnected, and there are some moves changed for balancing or other reasons. In Battle Universe most charge shots fired a large version of the move you were using, whereas in Assault Survive you do a triple shot of the same kind usually. Assault Survive added in stream-lasers for things like the Big Zam, while Battle Universe would fire them as a large beam but a single hit beam, that would dissipate quickly. Overall it just depends on preference for these things. I know a few people that hate Assault Survive, and prefer Battle Universe, and vice versa.

The Age PSP games are like pokemon in terms of exclusivity. Cosmic Drive has bonus units and missions from SEED/00, while Universe Accel is UNiversal Century exlusives for the units and missions. These are all done through the free play mode. Technically, if you have a program like CWcheats, you can get the parts from the other version as they are fully programmed into the game (Hence why I have a Nu Gundam + 0 Raiser + Strike Freedom Legs.)