Battle Robot Damashii: Mecha Toy Fighting for the PSP

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DuelGundam2099

Battle Robot Damashii: Mecha Toy Fighting for the PSP

I was not aware of this until a couple days ago, but apparently the people developing that gundam model action game we haven't heard from in ages is doing a crossover fighting game with the same concept and will be released on Valentine's Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OayCgtW5Pk

Why does damashii require two Is I don't know, what I do know is that series include:

-Code Geass R2 (Using Guren SEITIN instead of Lancelot Albion, strangely)
-Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne (Aura and Rhympa can be seen, not Ignis though)
-Eureka Seven (first series and movie; which Spec 2 Nirvash is being used is unclear)
-Star Diver
-Fafner in The Azure (movie only, although I only see Seins)
-Macross Frontier (Using Alto's VF-27 Messiah in full armor mode)
-Heroman
-and some anime I'm vaguely familiar with called Zegapain

http://img2.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/f1/ ... 44399660_0
http://blog.yimg.com/3/KU30HdR7s591rrb7 ... ag34Yg.jpg

There is an official web site, but it does nothing.
http://b-robot-tamashii.channel.or.jp/

The preview vid says there is more, although considering what little information has been released at this point I doubt they'll mention what specifically.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Battle Robot Damashii: Mecha Toy Fighting for the PSP

Full cast announced:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNWBrVYET4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNWBrVYET4

Now also including:
-Full armor VF-25G Messiah
-Series Nirvash, both ZERO and TheEND
-Lancelot Albion
-Tristan
-Whatsthatmech's name from Akito The Exiled
-Some evil version of Zegapain
-two other fafners, but I don't have my Fafner color chart with me
-Vox Ignis
-Arbalest
-Rk92 Savage
-Bonta-kun
-L.Gaim Mark 1 and 2
-Cavalry Temple
-Dunbine and Billbine
-something called a UCR-10/A

Other miscellaneous enemies include a koenig monster, the series version of Type B303, D.sserd, A.taul, and night colors Billbine.

I thought at least the local A.C.E. fans would comment on this since it is similar to those games. :?
Xenosynth

I hope it'll be playable on my PSP. My analog stick is broken so... yeah >.> Games like ACE kinda don't work without them.

The game seems to pretty much contain all the robot damashii line minus Gundam then.

Also, the UCR-10/A is from Armored Core. If it has that, I wonder if it has any others, like the Nineball Seraph?

Also, excited for a playable L-Gaim <3
stagrider

UCR-10/A is from armored core v
Its the one that was used in promotional images using the multi flaming chain sword
DuelGundam2099

I'm amazed nobody posted this here and you guys call yourselves mecha fans! :P

http://henshinjustice.com/2013/01/23/gu ... per-robot/

That is the original for this game, but instead of it coming from Banpresto this one from BANDAI! :shock: Gun Great Nations: It is like a cross between SRX and Aquarion or something. Also the game comes out next Thursday so yeah....
Xenosynth

Holy Crap. I actually really really like that original design o.o

Looking forward to getting the game. Is anyone else planning on getting it?
DuelGundam2099

Unfortunately I have no PSP. So Xenoscythe, after you complete the game are you okay with giving a complete cast list? I can use that information to form a wikipedia article. Some info on the new original would be nice too. In a related note, Gun Great Nations appeared in a Dolan comic. :lol: I thought it was random and WTF worthy enough to share.
Xenosynth

Sure, I wouldn't mind. Gonna have to give me a bit to unlock everything though. I am pretty sure it's going to have to have lots of unlockable minors from the series that are in it. I'd hope. I mean given the selection we've had in the Macross, Gundam Battle Universe, and Another Century PSP games, they better have more than just the mains xD
DuelGundam2099

Sure, I wouldn't mind. Gonna have to give me a bit to unlock everything though.
I have no problem.
they better have more than just the mains xD
Considering they have the flippin' Cavalry Temple and Rk92 Savage as playable fighters it is likely. :lol:
Xenosynth

Just got it. Starting with L-Gaim.

First impressions: Fun. Not groundbreaking. Definitely hearkens to other PSP artdink games (Mainly GUndam Battle and Macross Frontier) especially in terms of the sound assets. Some of the graphics for the weapons are eerily similar too. But still, overall not bad. Nice selection for the starting mechs.
DuelGundam2099

Starting with L-Gaim.
Mark 1 I presume?

Hope you enjoy it. 8)
Xenosynth

Nope, L-Gaim Mark II.

A few more random notes, but the levels are all mixtures of digital computerized levels and ordinary places, like a bedroom or toy-store.

You can create a party of up to 3, and the stages are organized by 'Nests.' There are 6 nests, organized by deadly sins (sans lust). Each of the 6 nests seems to have 4 levels if varying difficulty. Each level has quite a few stages, set up in a boardgame style. You carry over your damage, special bar, etc between stages within a level. There is a boss level, and bonus tiles that give you health, money, etc when beaten.

The shop has a robot section and a capsule section. Capsules have random items (at least so far) that all seem to be for customization. The robot section has robots. Choose the starting robot carefully, since the starters do not appear in the shop until later. The shop has different sections for each show. So far I can buy:
Nirvash Type THE END (It was the boss of the first stage) (Eureka 7)
Gekka (Code Geass)
Amon Duule Stack (L-Gaim)
Sabeji Sand Color (Full metal Panic)

Whereas, in the starting robot section I had:
Guren Mk II
L-Gaim Mk II
Nirvash Type 0
Arbalest (Dunno what type)
Billbine
And a valkyrie (cannot remember which)

and a couple of others I couldn't identify.

The customize section is very interesting. You can change weapons on the robots, as well as add in little options. All of these come from tiles you get from the capsules in the store, or possibly unlock in levels.

The default weapons for the L-Gaim Mk II are: Square = Power Launcher Mk II (Beam Pistol), Circle = Buster Launcher Mk II, Triangle = Saber.

Since these are customizable, I am reallllllly looking forward to unlocking more. I dunno if you can only earn certain parts for certain robots or if you can actually mix and match. There is also a shield slot, SP Attack Slot, option slot, a POSE slot, and 3 PP slots. So yeah. Lots of customization on this, which makes me very happy.

All in all, very enjoyable so far.

EDIT: ALso, you can upgrade individual stats for both the mecha and the weapons current equipped in the triangle, circle, and square slots.

Edit 2:

There are 3 sections I cannot access in the main menu right now:
Display,
Collection,
Colosseum

Edit 3 (I promise the last one)

YAY THE ITEMS ARE SHARED. So you don't have to buy a ridiculous amount of items to have the same ones equipped. Poses, weapons, whatever, if you get one of them, then that's all you need to equip it on everyone. Currently have a ton of poses and a TMS Sniper Rifle.

You also don't have partners in a technical sense. You switch between your 3 robots with the select button. Also, starting to run into non-digitized levels. CUrrently fighting in front of a giant tree with little ponds.
DuelGundam2099

And a valkyrie (cannot remember which)
Considering Frontier is the only Macross entry in this game you most likely saw the VF-25 Messiah. VF-25G is also in there.
Dunno what type
Regular I guess. *shrugs* The official site (which *gasps* does something now!) recently revealed Codarl i is in it in case you might care.
Amon Duule Stack
My reaction.

Seriously, that is cool, Amone Stack has only had a video game appearance in the original ACE and is a pretty under rated heavy metal.