Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Universe Accel/Cosmic Drive

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Kei Katsuragi

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Universe Accel/Cosmic Drive

Anyone here own either of these two games? I got Universe Accel (because duh, UC suits) and I have almost beat the story mode. I love the game's melee combat mechanic (beats the hell out of the Gundam Battle/Macross Ace Frontier engine). I guess I would just like to discuss this game, because for the most part I think it's a blast.

EDIT: Just beat the game. Little disappointing how easy the final boss is. Considering how hard Zeheart was when you duel him as Asemu, I was thinking Zera was going to be god tier. Now, what do I do in this game now that I have beat it?
bullethead

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Universe Accel/Cosmic Drive

Well, I have Cosmic Drive, but I haven't gotten too far into it, because someone on /m/ was translating the menus and descriptions. Those definitely helped with the Ambat battle, because I had a hard time dealing with the Difurge (or however that's spelled) because I had no idea that I had healing consumables.

That said, forcing the player to use certain wears for no apparent reason is really annoying. I get it when it relates to animated cutscenes, but there are a few spots where it happens for no reason.
Kei Katsuragi

Ambat was hard, because those damn turrets kept screwing me over >< And yes, I have that guy's patch too. What little he had was good enough for me to get through the game.

And I know what you mean about the wears. It gets even worse during Kio's arc. You literally have zero freedom during that period.
Outlaw

I just got my copy of Comic Drive a couple of days ago. Pretty fun, my only nitpick is the lack of color customization. I'd be further but I'm splitting my time between this and Guild Wars 2.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Kei Katsuragi

I agree about the colors. After I beat the game, and started playing around with the mission mode, I generally hated mixing up parts because of just how ugly they look together.
Xenosynth

I gotta say... after 100% Universe Accel, I am not getting Cosmic Drive. Since... the game contains the data from cosmic drive... so I was able to give myself all the parts. I am currently using 00 Raisers arms, Nu Gundam's body, and Strike Freedom's legs xD After legitimately 100%ing the game of course.

http://imgur.com/a/BiFU4

I do find it a bit cheap that since the games contain all the data, the only REAL difference is music and the mission mode extras, which... given as repetitive as they are, I did not think they'd warrant another playthrough.
Kei Katsuragi

That thing is a monstrosity xD
Xenosynth

I actually am getting custom model ideas from this. Given this christmas I am getting both the 00 Raiser and the Nu Gundam ver ka Master Grades... wondering if I should do a Nu-Raiser Gundam. There are many awesome combos on this game though, like doing the Dom with Virtue's parts, and just so many others.

Just curious, what is everyone else's main suits that they use? You already have seen mine in the earlier post xD So I am just curious.
Outlaw

I've only gotten to the start of Asem's arc but, so far I'm surprisingly fond of the Titus. I hope to eventually get the GNX and make an enhanced version, a Hi-GNX, if you would. :lol:
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Kei Katsuragi

I'm doing the mission mode, and I'm trying desperately to get Girard Spriggan and her sexy MS.... I seriously hate how all my best MS's are Gundams ><
Outlaw

I believe Girard is unlocked via password. Passwords, Girard is the third one down.

Does anybody know where to get the second component for the GN-X? So far I can't get one and I've been grinding so long I've shot down enough mobile suits to horrify little Kio into a coma.
Gelgoog Jager

There's an apology notice on the official game site:

http://age-game.channel.or.jp/images/top/apology2.gif

Does anyone knows what does it say?
Xenosynth

Something about the game package. I assume there were mistakes in the manual, given that it gives us page numbers with corrections on things like skills, and what they called certain things, such as saying the book says "Energy Gauge" when it is the SP Gauge in game.
Kei Katsuragi

Probably wrote the manual while the game was still in beta. I think Zeonic Front had the same problem too.
Gelgoog Jager

Thanks for the info Xenosyth.
Kei Katsuragi wrote:Probably wrote the manual while the game was still in beta. I think Zeonic Front had the same problem too.
Normally I wouldn't mind it that much, but they did delay the game another 3 weeks just 2 weeks before it was originally supposed to came out. I assume this other apology is regarding that issue.

I would have expected that they would have also used that time to verify that everything was in order before the new release date.