Offical unoficial Legend of Dragoon disscussion page

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Offical unoficial Legend of Dragoon disscussion page

A discussion page for one of the best Rpg games ever made! I hope the mods are okay with this but I cant seem to find any forums that discuss this master piece so unless its canned come one come all ask questions get answers form discussion its Dragoon time!!
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Kei Katsuragi

Re: Offical unoficial Legend of Dragoon disscussion page

I discovered this gem when I was but five. My babysitter brought over his huge PS1 collection and after playing LOtD for awhile I begged my parents to buy it for me. FF7, LOtD, and Pokemon are what helped me learn to read. I only got to the battle at Hoax in Disc 1 when I was five, and I lost disc 3 so I never actually got a chance to beat it :(. Several years later, I started working at this somewhat pawn shop called Malternative, where they buy and sell electronics and games (anything from current gen, to 2600). We had a guy come in wanting to sell a nice copy of Legend of the Dragoon, and I bought it off him. I went home and started playing it and didn't put it down. Only took me a week to beat it, but it was glorious.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Funny I also got it when I was five around the time I started whatching a fansubing of gundam X both also helped me learn to read I got mine from my brother when I was forced to tempararily move in with my grandfather whos jerkish nature pushed me to some really steep ledges however darts adventure brought me back from the edge and well I beat the game when I was seven with EVERYTHING (those stardusts can be a real pain in the neck) it also gave me a Gold standered of what I felt was best and introduced me to my two most favorite characters ever Dart and Meru those two were just the best!
How bout you Kei who were your favorite characters?
Kei Katsuragi

Meru is one of them. She was most the surprisingly useful party member. I only used Shana as a healer and an item user, and not much else. When Meru came in, she did sweet damage, was fast as hell (so using items was great) and she had a heal that healed all party members. Also, her personality is a lot of fun, and I love her character design. Safe to say, Shana was replaced, and I never EVER used Miranda.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ragoon.jpg

But my favorite character is Albert. I know a lot of people say Lavitz was better, but I always liked Albert's tactful and charismatic personality. Also, his additions were the absolute funnest (GUST OF WIND DANCE!). His Dragoon was also my favorite, because the Wind dragoon just looked awesome and Blossom/Rose Storm is the single most useful Dragoon spell, save for the Light Dragon.
GX9900-Gundam-X

I liked Albert and Lavitz evenly I like Lavitz as a more stable addition user I felt blossom storm was better looking than rose storm but I also like Aberts nerdgasm over the library of Mille-sessue and how he contribuited more than advice and battle strength to the party bother were real enjoyable I dont see why so few people use Miranda I try to use everyone (an yet when the situation goes critical i always go Dart Meru Hacshel to really make the boss wish they were never born) I felt everyone was fun Also did you notice that in the last dungeon the drunk guy in the bar has the same name as the drunkard under bale's fountain?
Kei Katsuragi

Well, I never used Miranda because unlike Lavitz, there weren't any changes to Miranda from Shana. Albert had at least faster additions, and Rose Storm (to which I will agree, Blossom Storm looked better). Miranda had zero changes, was tacked on because the party needed a Dragoon of Light, and was boring as a character.

I try to have an efficient party, rather than use everyone. Since Dart will always be in your party, it's guaranteed he will have a good level all throughout the game. What I do is always have at least one other person permanently in my party. For me, of course, it was Albert. Since the game at most only ever forces you have to two specific party members out of the three at once (during specific bosses), you can have this really good second in your party always. Kongol is completely useless as a party member, and Rose is good at clearing trash, but against prolonged boss fights she isn't as helpful as others. Albert/Lavitz, Meru, Haschel, Shana/Miranda, and Dart can generally be used whenever.
GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Also did you notice that in the last dungeon the drunk guy in the bar has the same name as the drunkard under bale's fountain?
Can't say that I did :P
GX9900-Gundam-X

Hm well I tried to get use out of certain situations Kongol was good do to stuff like the hidden virage on disk three were it was Survive until time runs out Albert was good for damage and decent defense Miranda/Shana had the best dragon in my opinion so I had them boosted for certain fights rose yeah she took out the trash but was no boss killer in the end We have Meru for speed magic BIG FRAGGIN HAMMER Haschel mr no weakness fist of fury and of course the invincible Dart Feldt!
Kei Katsuragi

The problem with Kongol, is that everything he can do, there is someone that can do it better. He does the most damage in the game, but he is also the slowest. Literally in the time it takes Kongol to attack once, Meru can get 3 or 4 hits in, and Haschel can get 2 or 3. His defense is fine, but letting him live has no real advantages. It's not like Meru who can speedily use items of fallen/injured party members. If Kongol is the last standing party member, you are nigh screwed.
GX9900-Gundam-X

True but I felt I had to use them all I just felt it was something I had to do
GX9900-Gundam-X

So the thread is a little drafty can anyone please join or respond
Mythgarr

Still one of my favourite RPG. It features a boy in red armor as protagonist and jet-fighter shaped dragon, so what's not to like.
Visit The Dreams
GX9900-Gundam-X

This game was is and will remain one of the best on the playstation era
yazi88

This game also had really bad dubbing and probably one of the dumbest US commercials I have ever seen for a RPG.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Well it yeah I'll give you the dubbing but the cinimatics were breath taking the music was great and the additions man good god the additions were wonderful!