Zone of the Enders 3: now with 75% more... demons?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

how do you like Jehuty's new (crotchpiece-less) look?

I like it, and I'm looking foward to how it turns out
57%
I don't like it, and I don't want to know how it turns out
No votes
I don't like it, but I want to know how it turns out
14%
I'm scratching my head on this new design, I don't love it or hate it, it'll turn out how it turns out (the stoic choice)
29%

Total votes: 7
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

Zone of the Enders 3: now with 75% more... demons?

I've recently become a fan of Zone of the Enders, having bought both games and the anime series on complete collection. (Only the anime on complete collection, I bought the games seperately for PS2 as that is the only console in my possesion at the moment.) When I heard about the news (TV tropes linked me, this article is 2 months old, but no one else has posted it before) I was of course elated even though I probably wouldn't play it due to aformentioned lack of any of this generation's consoles. I'm assuming that we've all seen this article, but incase you haven't:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... el-project
incorporate fantastic elements and demon-like creatures
Yeah. I'm alright with changing things up a little but that's a bit much... I would be fine with it if it weren't Zone of the Enders, but it is.

I don't see the Jehuty's umm... "cockpit" anywhere so I'm going to assume that it isn't a mech anymore.
So what, Leo is a bullied farmer? His doomed little village is attacked by evil Raptor spirits sent by oppressed mountain people (?) and he finds a sword-wielding demon who acts like a cold ruthless woman? (ADA.) Leo the farmer teams up with said demon Detonator Orgun style to fight back? Nohman is some kind of evil emperor who teams up with another demon to fight Leo? (Is Anubis holding a syth?) Zero-shift becomes X-men style teleportation? So the Vic Viper is going to be a lower level demon?

Retelling the ZOE story with demons instead of robots might actually be kinda cool... If they didn't call it ZOE 3.
the producers do not plan change the Zone of the Enders games' basic nature
I think making ZOE a fantasy game kinda counts. So it's gonna be a supernatural hack-and-slash? (God of War?) Zone of the Enders: Skyrim edition!

Everything I just said or it could just be a simply telling the story picking up where the Second Runner left off with redesigned Frames. (It seems that the scaling remains unchanged/similar.)

All of that above being said, I'm still more curious than hateful. This ZOE 3 has the potential to be good, but it also has the potential to tank.

And your opinions?
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?
DuelGundam2099

Re: Zone of the Enders 3: now with 75% more... demons?

Reminds me of Garo, I look forward (especially with the lack of cockpits).
Toxicity

I've played through the first ZOE and bits of the second game, i thought they were fun but the gameplay is a bit too hack and slash for my taste.
Kei Katsuragi

I love the ZOE games (ZOE 1 was great, Testament was pretty damn fun, and ZOE 2 was a blast) and I've even ran a ZOE Mekton Zeta campaign, however I never have actually seen Idolo or Dolores, i (so I can't comment on those). I personally am excited for the new fantastical direction of this game. It's been awhile since a ZOE game has come out, so this just seems like a fresh new way to reignite the series. It mite just be a sci-fi story that's a sequel to the Second Runner, but with Demons. Orbital Frames could be explained to combat demons are some jazz. It doesn't seem that weird to me, honestly.
Red Comet90

Forgive me if I misinterpreted what's happening, but Kojima said there will be Demon looking creatures, not Demon creatures. That's a huge difference. I don't mind if Aliens are included in the next game, but Demons is pushing it a bit too far if that's really what's going to happen.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn