Phantasy Star Online 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Toxicity

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2

I've put about 5 or 6 hours into the game so far, I just reached level 11 and completed my first set of orders in the caves. I don't have any real complaints apart from perhaps a small nitpick here or there, most of which would probably be solved by a complete translation. I'm playing a Racast of course, so I guess I'm just going to feed my mag crappy rifles and stuff I come across in the field to raise its ranged level.
steeltamashii

So i just spent the last few hours getting my Japanese account for PSO2 only to realize that it does not work on my computer XP Time to upgrade....
Outlaw wrote:
steeltamashii wrote:It kind of sucks that all the servers aren't worldwide.
It does, but having watched my brother run around an English speaking block for about five minutes I kinda understand why. :lol:
Yea i can see how that'd be a problem. :lol: We can get into the Japanese version tho so i guess it's not all that bad.
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
Archee

I feel it's good however it is. I don't want any kind of change in it. I always plat it on play station.
raijinz

I'm looking to get in on this when it comes out. I was heavy into White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 before I burnt out, but I still have a hunger for a game like this.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Toxicity

It's a pretty solid game, I intend to get back into it when it comes to the states as well. If you're not patient enough to wait, it isn't very difficult to get onto the japanese servers and there's even an (incomplete but still helpful) english translation patch. I couldn't get my translation to start working again after an update came out, so that, my friends who I'd been playing with beginning college classes again for the fall, and me getting put on 60 hours a week minimum/overnight shift at work haven't left me much time to play with it any further lately. From what I've read though, the english translation has been updated accordingly and is working just fine again.

I still try to play Blue Burst whenever I can too. I wish I'd remembered the different colored icons and what they stood for when I first started, all my RaCast ever gets are damned force weapons and my chances of ever finding a Red Ring are practically nothing. Being Pinkal is suffering.
steeltamashii

Everywhere i've looked says that the Western release is set for January. Then again, these aren't official SEGA announcements so it's still up in the air.

Also, the Vita version has been greenlit, and is said to support cross-platform play for anyone who plans to take their characters on the go on the Japanese server.
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
FieryBlitz

*Blows dust off the topic and starts coughing once the dust starts invading his mouth.*

It's official. Like the hopeless PSO fanboy that I am, I am now playing on the Japanese servers. I'm hanging around a lot on Ship 2, which is where a lot of the American players run around in if my memory is correct.

In other news, for anyone not in the know, a new race and class has been included! They are the Dewman race, and the Braver Class. Don't really know much about Dewmans since I only know they've debut'd in the Phantasy Star Portable games, but the Braver class is pretty fun. You get to wield katanas and bows, and a staff to whack bad guys with. This class is most likely the "Adept Rouge" class of PSO2.

To anyone who still plays the game, I hope I see you there.
Toxicity

Yeah, its a shame that the game will likely never see a western release, I was really looking forward to it. I think I might even still have the client on my laptop for the japanese server, but since I heard about a botched update a while back that messed with peoples' computer files, I've avoided it like the plague.

When I played, I recall a time I was going through the forest area where you could encounter other players and I came across a group of japanese players all huddled in a corner of the map where they were using some sort of exploit with grenade launchers to attack everything in the entire field at the same time. All the loot dropped at their feet so naturally I hung out for an hour or so and reaped the free exp and items. I found several good weapons, including a rifle which I proceeded to waste all my money and grinders on ruining because I got poor rolls and the chance for failure became incredibly high on upgrades.
Outlaw

Well, the english website for PSO2 is still up so I'm still naively, desperately, foolishly hopeful. Didn't Atlus run a couple online games? Maybe since Sega acquired them they could help out.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
chiefR

Check out this amazing Phantasy Star shirt here.