Classic RPG Xenogears

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Katan

Classic RPG Xenogears

Hey guys iam playing at the moment Xenogears on my PSP and i realy like the Combat System where you can switch between Fighting with your Characters oder with the Gears.

Is there any RPG with a similar system?
Sume Gai

Re: Classic RPG Xenogears

As far as I recall the swapping between giant robots and on foot fighting really only happens in the Xeno- games (XenoGears (PS1), Xenosaga I, II & III (all PS2)) though I would note XenoSaga I the mechs you get are pretty useless despite being always available. II and III make better use of them but they are not as customizable as Xenogears nor can you switch as freely between one and the other.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
AmuroNT1

I'm pretty proud to say I still have an original copy of Xenogears in good condition, manual and all. Since it's on PSN, I've seriously considered just downloading it and then selling the physical copy on eBay. I do need to replace the case tho...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Katan

thanks for the answer when iam done with xenogears i will have a look at the xenosaga games

@amuro dont sell it such games are for me like treasures :)