Gundam Extreme VS.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
domino

Re: Gundam Extreme VS.

I don't know why the Arios is 1000pts but I really like that! It has nice moves and will have a high replay factor!

I've been waiting on the Gold Frame for forever!
AmuroNT1

Arios is probably 1000 because it's generally regarded as the weakest and least important of the 00 Gundams, and because they wanted the series to actually have a 1000-cost unit.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
domino

Eitherways, its moveset includes a lot of combos which is not typical of the 1000 pt suits (except the Gouf Custom which is one of the best suits in the game IMO). The fact that it can transform and is a good mix of ranged & melee means it can be really, really good even if it doesn't have high-damage weapons like the Gouf Custom.
Mattro

AmuroNT1 wrote:Arios is probably 1000 because it's generally regarded as the weakest and least important of the 00 Gundams, and because they wanted the series to actually have a 1000-cost unit.
personally i found it weird that the arios was the 1000. I would have thought that Nena Trinity's gundam would have been the 1000 for 00 or the Gadessa that might come in the game down the road. well it doesn't matter, but i do see your point with the least important gundam in 00, when i look at it from that angle its not so out of left field for me
domino

Yup, I would've prefered an OverFlag, Ahead or even a GN-X as the 1000pt suit for Gundam 00
ZeonsSilverStar

I just got the Strike Noir and Arios, despite the Arios having a rather low rating on the Japanese Playstation Store. I'l post my thoughts on them once I've had the chance to play with them.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

I've had some time to play around with both of these guys. My thoughts...

-Noir: Not quite as broken as it was in Alliance vs ZAFT 2, but still pretty bad. The flip shot has its own ammo rather than running off the beam rifle ammo, it has the anchors as a quick dodge like Wing Zero's flight, and it has a Charge Shot that summons Verde Buster to fire a huge beam. Overall yeah, still mean.

-Arios: Two words: Glass. Cannon. It has the GN Archer as a permanent assist (fires along with Arios' rifle, invincible shield properties), and has good speed, mobility, and fast-reloading weapons (including a rolling triple shot in Flight Position that automatically angles itself towards the target). However, it only has 300 HP, and if the enemy gets their hands on you, you're probably going to get shot down. So the best way to use Al is to keep moving at all costs, constantly strafing the enemy and mixing up your attacks to keep them guessing. Melee sets are pretty short, but you can cancel basically everything into the shield pincer; while it does a good bit of damage, you're completely stationary while it's happening. Probably the best melee it has is the Boost Dash, which is an Issen that causes stun, giving you an opening to get away from a melee butt-reaming from the in-fighters of the game.

As with everything, all I can say about "Is X worth it?" is, if you like the machine and are willing to give it a shot, go ahead. Arios can be a little rickety at first, but once you get the hang of it you can be an unholy terror. Noir is, again, broken as f***. You can expect to see this SOB in net play a LOT.

EDIT: Forgot to give the complete movesets for those who care.

Strike Noir (2500)
a: Shorty Beam Rifle
CSa: Shorty Beam Rifle (barrage) [can Multi-CS]
b: Fragrach 3 Beam Blade
CSb: Verde Buster Assist (giant beam)
ab: Shorty Beam Rifle (cartwheel shot)
ac: Dual Linear Guns
bc: Rocket Anchor
EX: Fragrach 3 Combo

Arios Gundam (1000)
=MS Mode
a: GN Twin Beam Rifle
b: GN Beam Saber
ab: GN Sub Machinegun
ac: Rapid Transform/GN Missile Pod
bc: GN Archer Assist
EX: Combo Attack (grabs enemy in GN Beam Shield, vertical barrel roll while Archer shoots them, ends with it performing a downwards saber slash)
=Flight Position
a: GN Twin Beam Rifle
b: Ram
ab: GN Twin Beam Rifle (rolling fire)
ac: GN Missile Pod
bc: GN Beam Shield Claw
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

ZeonsSilverStar

Well I have nothing to add except that the Arios has surpassed my expectations in every way shape and form. And I enjoy the little banter between Al and Soma.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

SlowTurtle

So Gold Frame and the Zaku III, should be fun then.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Mattro

Haman Sama Oh Haman sama love that line. doubt this will be the last dlc pack i'd bet they will try to drag this Gundam vs gundam extreme as long as possible to keep people playing Full Boost at the acrades
AmuroNT1

It might indeed be the last pack, since the first group was also three sets of two (Blue Destiny 1 and Arche, Gottrlatan and The O, Zeong and Freedom), and the only additional profiles hackers could turn up were Gold Frame and the Zaku III.

AmuroNT1

Gold Frame and the Zaku III are officially available for download!

Gold Frame is unusual because it only really has two ranged moves, the beam rifle and lancer darts (the latter being a charge weapon with kind of a long charge time). It's obviously melee-centric, thanks to the Mirage Colloid and energy drain claw, but can string together some mean combos. I'd almost swear it gets an extra speed boost during EX Burst, because that sucker is FAST.
Main is the Trikeros Kai beam/laser rifle, a standard BR. The firing angle seems odd to me, but maybe it's just me.
Main Charge is the Lancer Darts, which cause a small explosion that stuns anything nearby. The charge time seems a little long.
Melee is Fight, a combination of bare-knuckle attacks, chops with the Trikeros Kai's bladed edge, and the beam saber. The Side Melee is a move that dodges around the opponent like Blue Frame's Side Melee.
Sub is the Maga-no-Shirahoko shotlancer, which stun but make you stay in place and won't hit if the enemy is too close.
Special Shooting is Mirage Colloid, which is a special movement ability in the form of a very fast dash that cuts tracking when initiated. Pressing Main during makes Gold do a leaping slash with the shield, or you can use Melee moves. The move doesn't make you invincible (and in fact you might take extra damage, like with Deathscythe's Hyper Jammers), but it's comparable to Full Cloth during Muramasa Blaster Mode or Hi-Nu during Psychoframe Resonance Mode.
Special Melee is the Maga-no-Ikutachi energy drain claw, which drains HP from the opponent. You can mash Melee to increase the damage and draining, which does a flat 5 HP per hit (not affected by damage scaling). After five hits Gold Frame will do a backflip kick, or at any time you can cancel the move into one of two variants: Forward hikes the opponent up on the Trikeros Kai and sends them off with lancer darts, while Back makes Gold leap up and do a downwards chop (if you played Super Robot Wars W, it's basically the Dynamic Kill animation for the Maga-no-Ikutachi). The chop is a good move to use if the opponent's partner tries to interrupt.
EX Attack is Last Rondo, in which Gold does a roll and fires the lancer darts; if it hits, it dashes up in Mirage Colloid, drains the opponent while flying upwards, then does an Izuna Drop (the spinning ninja piledriver).

The Zaku III Kai is, in a word, SLOW. It's just about the definition of Mighty Glacier, doing good damage for a 1000 but moving like it's swimming through molasses. It's also the only 1000 with some of the Newtype trickery seen by higher-level machines, including Pressure and a super mode. I'm not really a fan of it, but that might change after some more time.
Main is the Beam Rifle, nothing amazing.
Main Charge is the Waist Beam Cannons, which resemble the F91's VSBR and get a damage buff during Cyber-Newtype Mode.
Melee is the Beam Saber, which as said is powerful but slow.
Melee Charge is Power of a Cyber-Newtype, a super mode which buffs power and speed and adds an extra hit to a couple of its melee strings.
Sub is a ReGelg Assist, which fires three sets of two grenades. Each hit causes the opponent to float a little. No reload, unless EX Burst is used.
Special Shooting is Pressure, which functions like the same move possessed by Haman's Qubeley, the Messala, and The O. Even though you get Super Armor, the Zaku's low HP makes this a risky move.
Special Melee is Grapple, a melee move where the Zaku grabs the opponent. Pressing Neutral Melee will make it pound the opponent on the head, then kick them away; Shoot will make it throw the enemy away and then shoot them. Finally, Back Melee is a self-destruct attack.
EX Attack is a (name unknown) two-swords saber combo, which the people on my main MB have nicknamed the "Haman-Gasm" because of the way Mashmyre moans out her name with every hit. It's kind of slow, but maybe that's because it's one of the few 1000s to actually have an EX Attack in this game.

If you want to know if I'd recommend these guys...well, TBH I've bought every DLC so far, even things I don't particularly like such as Freedom. Gold Frame is tricky but fun, a nice melee-focused machine that relies less on brute force and more on setting traps. In a way it reminds me of the Berga Giros, another favorite. The Zaku III Kai though, I'm not too fond of, mainly because it's just too risky overall. It does good damage but moves very slowly and has a few moves that just leave it open to attack (which is the Kiss of Death for a 1000), and it only really becomes decent during Cyber-Newtype Mode. If either of these machines interests you, go ahead and get them.

2NA Fish

Very nice. Thanks for the writeup AmuroNT1.

At this point though, I'm waiting to see if they'll announce a console version of Full Boost before I shell out for more DLC.
AmuroNT1

I'm sure we'll see the home version by the end of the year. As for DLC, I'm pretty sure Extreme Vs. is done for now. As for Full Boost, now we just have to wait for all the things from the leak that haven't gotten any followup yet like Crossbone X-3, Gaia, and the G-Fighter.