Always wanted to try Warhammer 40k

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DAG101

Always wanted to try Warhammer 40k

Like the topic says, for a good number of years now, I've wanted to get into Warhammer 40k...only thing is, there's two things that have been stopping me: One, it looks expensive (which can't be fixed, unless someone's willing to toss some money my way...which is doubtful :lol: ) and the other is, I just have no clue where to start.

Recently, I moved from the city I lived in to...a city that's pretty much the same size. But this one has a store that deals in Magic the Gathering, Warhammer, D&D, and so on...but whenever I've been there and taken a peak into the Warhammer 40k section, I just have no clue where I could possibly start with the game x.x
J-Lead

Re: Always wanted to try Warhammer 40k

I've long since stopped playing tabletop games due to a growing level of personal financial responsibility and a progressively waning level of patience, but honestly, I'd say the best way for you to get into it at first is to familiarize yourself with the lore, and buy figurines based on what you find the most fascinating, then familiarize yourself with the rules of using the units you bought. Almost everyone starts with the most iconic part of Warhammer 40k; the Sphess Muhreens. From there, you'll start playing...likely losing, but also learning how to formulate strategies around your strengths and weaknesses.

That's how I started, anyway.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."