SDGO coming to the US

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
m121akuma

Re: SDGO coming to the US

Game's working now, although OGP claims it will be on and off throughout the day.
FordR

AmuroNT1 wrote:I'm getting a different error entirely. When I start up it says "Create direct3D device is failed." Sadly, I have a sinking suspicion that my computer is insufficient to play this game. :|

Also, they took the server down for maintenance at midnight EST, but then said "it'll be back when it's back".
I can only think of two reasons for why you'd get that error.

1.) It could be as you noted and your graphics card might not be able to handle it, which would be exceedingly surprising. I seriously doubt this considering the system requirements lists graphic cards from 2002.

2.) More likely it's a directx issue. What I'd do is go and download a newer version of directx, you can find one of them here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... LSUS007776

Not sure if that'll actually work because it depends on what version of directx they used to actually make this thing, which they do not state, unfortunately.

Besides that, the only other thing I can think of is to update your video drivers.

Anyways, on to the actual game itself...I haven't been able to play it, it claims my account doesn't exist despite me getting emails confirming such, so I'm still waiting for their support to get back to me.
AKA- TheTrueYup
Jaynz

Well, got in and spent two hours this morning (I've got work to do, so I can't do a full-screen app all morning, darnit!) Stuck on a mobility mission since the reaction time of the game is NOT up to it. Have a ton of capsules but nothing to merge together yet. Nice fun light game, though. Hope the missions get more varied as you go.
FordR

I got in and played for a few hours. Must say it's quite entertaining though not nearly as intuitive as it could or probably should be. Also initially I was having some trouble actually being able to destroy anything, I alt-tabbed and noticed the windows firewall request for access, granted it, and the game worked fine after that save for one crash.

Some people have 00 stuff like the Dynames and such, but I'm not entirely sure how they got them as they're nowhere in the capsule machine nor can you buy a blueprint for them. I'm guessing there's a quest that gives you them but, that seems kind of odd.
AKA- TheTrueYup
APendragon

Actually, Ford, you can find them on the website, if you go to the Shop. As a Beta Tester you have like 1k free Astros for testing purposes, and there's a special Gashopon machine in the shop that spits out things like Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, more often than not Exp packs, and Operators. I only got Aile Strike. =/ I was hoping for Dynames, but it's still pretty awesome.
FordR

Yeah, I went ahead and used everything I had. Got the Arios, Tierien ground type, and the Flag.
AKA- TheTrueYup
APendragon

D: A *Flag!* So much luckier than me.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't suppose anyone knows a way to play this on my Mac?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Jaynz

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I don't suppose anyone knows a way to play this on my Mac?
Go to Best Buy and trade it in for a PC? :)
hotlimit

I got Kyrios, Flag, Enact, and Tieren. Too bad they're all going away soon, hahaha. I wonder which capsules will be available from the start.
AmuroNT1

FordR wrote:I can only think of two reasons for why you'd get that error.

1.) It could be as you noted and your graphics card might not be able to handle it, which would be exceedingly surprising. I seriously doubt this considering the system requirements lists graphic cards from 2002.

2.) More likely it's a directx issue. What I'd do is go and download a newer version of directx, you can find one of them here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... LSUS007776

Not sure if that'll actually work because it depends on what version of directx they used to actually make this thing, which they do not state, unfortunately.

Besides that, the only other thing I can think of is to update your video drivers.

Anyways, on to the actual game itself...I haven't been able to play it, it claims my account doesn't exist despite me getting emails confirming such, so I'm still waiting for their support to get back to me.
In all fairness, right now I AM on my cruddy little netbook. OTOH, this thing has run Sid Meyer's Pirates just fine.

I've already updated my DirectX, so I'll try out my video drivers next.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Outlaw

- Uses special attack.
- Operator: "One deadly blow please."
- .... did.. did she just, politely, ask me to kill the enemy??

BTW Be careful using specials, I hit a Psycho Gundam with mine and it went ghost and couldn't be killed, so my team failed the mission.

*Edited for accurate quotation.
Last edited by Outlaw on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
FordR

AmuroNT1 wrote:
FordR wrote:snip
In all fairness, right now I AM on my cruddy little netbook. OTOH, this thing has run Sid Meyer's Pirates just fine.

I've already updated my DirectX, so I'll try out my video drivers next.
Another strange thing you might want to try out is changing the resolution, assuming you can get far enough into the game to do that.

Dunno how or why that'd help, but it's one of the things I pulled up from googling that error and, well, nothing to lose.

Looking at sid meyer's pirates, SDGO actually requires double it's video card's memory and is much more cpu intensive. Prrroobably why sid meyer's pirates can run. (it only requires 1.0 ghz and 256 video memory)
AKA- TheTrueYup
FordR

Jaynz wrote:
Go to Best Buy and trade it in for a PC? :)
Unfortunately that may actually be your only option. Considering that this thing seems to be integrated in a browser for, whatever reason. There are some psuedo emulators you could try running the game with. But those are quite literally a 50/50 chance of working for anything other than the titles they state they support. Which is like...team fortress 2, left 4 dead 2, and some other valve games.

*edit* herp derp, sorry about the double post, slipped my mind. And there doesn't appear to be a delete button. >_>
AKA- TheTrueYup
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I got Operators B and C, a 7-day extension on the latter, an EXP Pack 1000 x5, an AEU Enact, and a Union Flag from the shop. I also bought a GM Sniper II with points. I didn't fare too well with the training sessions or the single missions, so I ranked up through co-ops. I'm not really surprised that I get significant lag on my end, since I'm using a PC on its last breath. So what can I do to improve the game's performance?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
AmuroNT1

FordR wrote:Another strange thing you might want to try out is changing the resolution, assuming you can get far enough into the game to do that.

Dunno how or why that'd help, but it's one of the things I pulled up from googling that error and, well, nothing to lose.
Unless there's a way to do that from the OGP launcher, then no I can't; once I start the game, I get a black screen for three or four seconds before it gives me those error messages.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
muppetgundam

I'm playing on a bootcamp installation of Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro and it works great. However, that's a lot of setup for just one game.

You might try VirtualBox to setup a Windows virtual machine without going through the trouble of partitioning your hard drive. I haven't tried this game on it, but VirtualBox is free and is easy to setup. Of course, both methods assume you have a copy of Windows lying around.
Am I a Muppet, or am I a Gundam?
If I'm a Gundam, that makes me a Muppet of a Gundam.
muppetgundam

Has there been any word about when the game will have its full public release after the beta closes?
Am I a Muppet, or am I a Gundam?
If I'm a Gundam, that makes me a Muppet of a Gundam.
FordR

Not to my knowledge.
AKA- TheTrueYup
APendragon

I believe I read somewhere on the OGPlanet Forums that release is December 7th? I can't quote anything but my memory on it though.