Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Some people I've spoken to say the sound of CSTs is pretty low, but the one file I tried it with so far (Gokaiger's theme song) came out alright IMO.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

AmuroNT1 wrote:I've been busy the last couple of days so I haven't had a lot of time to play, but here's what I know...

1) Online depends more on the individual players' connections; from what my friends have said, distance from Japan doesn't seem to matter.
This is correct from my experience. The host of our matches was in the red for the most part and we had excellent matches. Atleast, I did, they didn't say much about lag when we were all in IRC chatting as we played. The videos can be found on this channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr0loopi ... ideo_title
2) As with most Gundam games, knowledge of Katakana is a huge help. Don't think there's a whole lot of English text tho. Someone will probably translate the menus (I might do it myself just to help out).
Believe it or not, there was enough English for me to figure out a lot on my own. Toughest part has been remember that Circle gets me into everything and X gets me out of it. I am use to the opposite more or less for NA games.

The folks at gundam-versus forums have been very helpful especially in the IRC chatroom where most of them are active most of the time.

From what I know Nate, the majority of the folks on the boards are waiting for their copies. The few of us who got our orders on Friday have been quite busy playing and in my case, balancing work, with finals, and getting some time in to play. You'll learn more as more people get their orders in....
AmuroNT1

So, here are some RUMORS about the Extreme Versus sequel, Full Boost. Remember, RUMORS. There are some very suspicious parts, like the fact that you can pay extra to have English voices. Either way, in the interest of information:
EXVS Full Boost preview info

・Uses Bandai-Namco Passport Card Reader
・Uses SSD
・Maximum number of networked machines up from 8 to 12

Game Content

・No new systems added
・Substantial additions to MS, stages, BGM (Including additions from PS3 version?)
・Stargazer and Noir confirmed, Allelujah? (original post calls it his "battery Gundam", lawl)
・Competitive balance adjusted
・Convergence between home and arcade
・Voices can be set to English for a fee
・New units can be purchased
・Purchasing new units benefits both the maker (BN) and operator (arcade)

Gundam (Cost: 2000)
a: Beam Rifle (CS)
b: Beam Saber
ab: Hyper Bazooka
ac: Beam Javelin (Throw)
bc: Core Fighter/Guntank Summon
Burst Attack: Saber Uppercut -> Last Shooting

Zeong (Cost: 2000)
a: Finger MPC (CS)
b: Wired Arm
ab: Finger MPC (focused)
ac: Waist MPC
bc: Psycommu Wired Arm (Launch)
Burst Attack: (unknown)

Gyan (Cost: 2000)
a: Shield Missile (CS)
ab: Hide Bomb
ac: Adzam Assist
bc: Shield Stance
Burst Attack: Hydrogen Bomb

The-O (Cost: 2500)
b: Beam Sword
ab: Palace Athene Assist
ac: Bolinoak Sahmaan Assist
bc: Pressure
Burst Attack (unknown)

Nu Gundam (Cost: 530? typo? probably 3000)
ab: Fin Funnel
ac: Hyper Bazooka
bc: FF Barrier
Burst Attack: Nu Last Shooting

Gundam DX (Cost: 3000)
a: DX Custom Beam Rifle
b: Hyper Beam Sword
ab: Airmaster B/Leopard D Assist
ac: Twin Satellite Cannon
bc: G-Bit Assist
Burst Attack: G-Falcon TSC + G-Bits

Wing Zero Custom (Cost: 3000)
a: Buster Rifle (CS)
ab: Machinecannon
ac: Rolling Buster Rifle
bc: Flight
Burst Attack: Triple TBR

Freedom (Cost: 3000)
ab: Balaena/Xiphas
ac: Hi-MAT Full Burst
bc: Side Roll

Strike Noir (Cost: 2500)
a: Beam Rifle Shorty (CS)
b: Fragrach 3 (CS)
ab: Linear Guns
ac: Verde Buster Summon
bc: Anchor Launcher (Launch)
Burst Attack: Fragrach 3 Combo

Dynames (Cost: 2000)
a: GN Sniper Rifle
b: GN Beam Saber
ab: GN Beam Pistol
ac: GN Missile
bc: GN Full Shield
Burst Attack:

Gouf Custom (Cost: 1000)
a: 75mm Gatling/3-Barrel 35mm Gatling
b: Heat Saber
ab: Heat Rod
ac: Heat Rod (Movement)
bc: Heat Rod (Vertical)
Burst Attack: Heat Rod Combo

Astray Blue Frame Second L (Cost: 2000)
b: Armor Schneider (CS)
ab: Bazooka
ac: Tactical Arms (Throw)
bc: Tactical Arms (Sword Form)

Machines with "(unknown)" Burst Attacks weren't available in the version at the show. They'll be added in the final version.

The catalog distributed before the show listed some more units:
・Gundam Throne
・Stargazer
・Blue Destiny 1

Everything already in ExVs (including Hi-Nu) will be in by default.

People were allowed to play the game at the show, but because they were inexperienced he didn't get much data and apologizes for that.

First, the catalog offered at the event.
The catalog mentions machines from Beltorchika's Children (Hi-Nu) and Stargazer.
At the event, you could use Noir and an image of Stargazer was shown.
Blue Destiny 1 was also in the image.

There are some concerns from the catalog.
It looks like everything gets a Burst Attack now.
Previously only high-cost and some mid-cost units had it, but apparently FB will give them to everything.
For example, the Gun-EZ's listed Burst Attack is "Shrike Team".
The Gouf Custom's new "Heat Rod Combo" move was usable in the show build.

The Gundam DX was playable and gained an impressive amount of assists.
The scene for ZZ even showed the Zeta Zaku.
Also, it seems like there are more Charge Shots this time around.
The Gundam's "Core Fighter/Guntank Assist" changes depending on the level.

Gameplay impressions:
Mostly skips info on units from the previous game and home version.
Also the info might be off since the players were unskilled.

First, the Zeong.
The "Wired Arm" melee attack seems to resemble the Hamma-Hamma's moves in Next.
But it looks like its melee moves are better than the Hamma-Hamma's.
Looks like it has good boost abilities, but it's hard to tell.

Next the Gyan.
First appearance since AEUG vs Titans DX (obviously he forgot about Gundam vs Zeta).
The main weapon missiles seem strong.
The CSa is "Char's Gelgoog Assist"
As a fan he wonders why M'Quve would ask Char for help, but he liked M'Quve's quotes when using the move.
The "Shield Stance" holds the shield out front and automatically blocks damage except from the front (probably works like the various armor forms like Deathscythe and Dynames')
The "Hydrogen Missile" is based off of M'Quve's use of one at Odessa.
Whether the Gundam can disarm it by chopping off the tip is unconfirmed...

Now for The-O.
Its CSa is a quad beam rifle shot while sliding forward.
For the assists, the Palace Athene rushes in with a beam saber thrust while the Bolinoak Sahmaan plays defense.
Might be like Qubeley's which are based on its HP.
The "Pressure" bc is the same as Qubeley's.
The hidden hands are part of its differing melee attacks.

Next, Freedom.
Its
Its CSa is "Justice Assist", which can be comboed into melee moves.

Lastly, Strike Noir.
It returns after Alliance vs ZAFT II Plus.
Both CSes are fiercer than in the previous version.
The barrage shot has the flips/cartwheels like in the old version.

Those are his impressions; he apologizes for not getting better info.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Yes, the Gyan is back in!! I loved using that thing in GvsZG. Fencing FTW. If only we could get the Gaplant, too.

C'mon Epyon...!!
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Arsarcana

I refuse to believe that they could bring back the Strike Noir and make it stronger in any way. If they'd said it appeared to be nerfed to hell and back, I'd find the rumor more credible.
AmuroNT1

http://andriasang.com/comz9x/gundam_online/

New game, Gundam Online, which looks to be an action game with possibly some RTS elements. The big draw seems to be the fact that you can have 100 players in a single session.

Promo video: http://www.youtube.com/v/Ws2XE_I22do

Outlaw

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://andriasang.com/comz9x/gundam_online/

New game, Gundam Online, which looks to be an action game with possibly some RTS elements. The big draw seems to be the fact that you can have 100 players in a single session.

Promo video: http://www.youtube.com/v/Ws2XE_I22do
The movement seems to be a little sluggish, but outside of that it seems like an it could have potential.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
2NA Fish

Arsarcana wrote:I refuse to believe that they could bring back the Strike Noir and make it stronger in any way. If they'd said it appeared to be nerfed to hell and back, I'd find the rumor more credible.
It just said the CS is "fiercer." That I can believe, because the barrage shot was so good no one bothered to use the CS anyway.

Will wait on an official source for more Full Boost info though.

Gundam Online looks a bit lacking. 100 player battles are cool, but it doesn't look like you can do a whole lot.
DuelGundam2099

Just a quick question about the Unicorn Gundam game, will it be a downloadable game or something sold in stores?
AmuroNT1

It's going to be a standard release.

NastyNate

If the next gvg extreme is for ps3 and has sandrock then I am in. Also if we get a us release of any of these then I am in too. A lot say there is no hope for a US release of these but I think there might be some. I know multiple people in my area that bought Dynasty Gundam 3 and Unicorn seems to be doing good too. Maybe they will take a chance on us. I hope they get as good of voice actors as they did in DWG3. They had almost all of the originals come in.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mu La Flaga

By Sandrock do you mean Wing tv series or Endless Waltz?
Because you know Wing tv series has been removed since Extreme VS.

Which I hate the game for btw.
And making so many units now DLC, which in a previous incarnation didn't have to pay for them.
>.>
NastyNate

If setsuna and kira can have that many versions of their suit then I think it is perfectly ok for both to be in. And not just an assist either. If I had to pick I would go with original tv version. It is the one that I recognize more as the sandrock. But the endless waltz is really cool especially with that cloak.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
hotlimit

Mu La Flaga wrote:By Sandrock do you mean Wing tv series or Endless Waltz?
Because you know Wing tv series has been removed since Extreme VS.

Which I hate the game for btw.
And making so many units now DLC, which in a previous incarnation didn't have to pay for them.
>.>
DLC is not a big deal if you plan on paying for the game in the first place. Importing to America is bad enough, I have no idea what the random Australian import fees are like. Seriously, what's 10 American dollars on top of $120?
domino

This game is so amazing.

Will the MAHQ players create a room for online play?
AmuroNT1

hotlimit wrote:DLC is not a big deal if you plan on paying for the game in the first place. Importing to America is bad enough, I have no idea what the random Australian import fees are like. Seriously, what's 10 American dollars on top of $120?
Not even $10, at that - you can choose to buy only one of the DLC machines for $5. And I'm pretty sure the things like Rank Match and new missions are free.

Mark064

hotlimit wrote:DLC is not a big deal if you plan on paying for the game in the first place. Importing to America is bad enough, I have no idea what the random Australian import fees are like. Seriously, what's 10 American dollars on top of $120?
I have to post because I disagree with this 100%. Just because you already paid $120 doesn't mean you should pay more. Especially if this was content created during the game development process and not 6 months later. This is just a money grabbing excuse game developers use these days to create content for a game, conveniently leave it out and get more money. This is especially the case of DLC already on the disc. And plus all DLC are horribly overpriced. You're paying $5 for one extra playable suit which is basically a 24th of the cost of the game. Do you honestly feel like you got that much extra content with one suit? Of course you don't so all DLC have insane markup to get the most money possible.

This is why I like Nintendo because they aren't doing DLC because they believe you are paying for the full gaming experience the first time around and then there is Valve who releases their DLCs for free. DLCs are the main reason I've grown to really hate the gaming industry.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
domino

Mark064 --> If you don't pay, you won't play. Harsh but true. The answer to your woes might be sharing the cost of the game with some friends. Let everyone chip in since you've bound to enjoy the fun together and sharing should be only a small inconvenience if you're all good friends.

AmuroNT1 --> How valid are those "spoilers" about the new game? You listed Nu's Burst attack as "Nu last shooting" and the Gyan's own as "Hydrogen Bomb"......wth?
pd771

Mark064 wrote:
I have to post because I disagree with this 100%. Just because you already paid $120 doesn't mean you should pay more. Especially if this was content created during the game development process and not 6 months later. This is just a money grabbing excuse game developers use these days to create content for a game, conveniently leave it out and get more money. This is especially the case of DLC already on the disc. And plus all DLC are horribly overpriced. You're paying $5 for one extra playable suit which is basically a 24th of the cost of the game. Do you honestly feel like you got that much extra content with one suit? Of course you don't so all DLC have insane markup to get the most money possible.

This is why I like Nintendo because they aren't doing DLC because they believe you are paying for the full gaming experience the first time around and then there is Valve who releases their DLCs for free. DLCs are the main reason I've grown to really hate the gaming industry.
I think you have to also remember how much cheaper games are currently than they used to be based on production cost. I used to pay $50 for SNES games. In today's money that's $80. We only pay $60 for current games, and they have to do a lot of modeling, pay voice actors, a whole lot more than back in the day. It makes sense the companies are doing DLC to try to make up to cost. Hell, if you don't 1 bad game could tank an entire studio.

As for Nintendo, they are also the only company who doesn't sell hardware at a loss, so I have a feeling they think they can be a little more generous. That and they're still a little behind the times on certain aspects.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
BlackLion

Someone here said that EXVS plays slower than GvG, and I really have to disagree. I was fine with Next Plus but can barely keep up with EXVS. There's a LOT more going on at once and movements aren't nearly as responsive. It's definitely about timing over reflexes, unfortunately for me.