Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
NastyNate

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Who is going to buy extreme vs on launch?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Zeonic Glory

I most likely will.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
AmuroNT1

I've already got it pre-ordered from Play Asia.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

Who every gets it on launch be sure to post your review of the game for the rest of us who are sitting on the fence like me.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

AmuroNT1

I would, but I'm pretty biased since I love the Gundam Vs Series something fierce so it'll probably be a really glowing review. XD
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

NastyNate

I love the series too. But I have the psp game and once you guys get the game you can just tell us if its an over-glorified psp slightly upscale or not. Also can the two player split screen go online together is a big factor for me too. They killed the game for me when they dropped 4-player split screen, but it you can have two tvs and two games and have a lan party then it might be ok.

Mark064

Has there been a 4 player split screen outside of Gundam vs Zeta Gundam for the Gamecube?
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
NastyNate

Mark064 wrote:Has there been a 4 player split screen outside of Gundam vs Zeta Gundam for the Gamecube?
No there has not. In fact I did not know about that with the gc version. I had the ps2 version. 4 player split screen seems to be dying with online but I felt that this game was crying for it. The ps3 is a great 4 player system already with games like lbp and ratchet all4one so if anyone got it I would think they would.

NastyNate

Before extreme even gets released we are already told about the next ps3 gundam game. It will be Gundam Unicorn. I hope it plays like 0081, but most likely it will be like ACE. Since from software made those games and they are making this one.
http://andriasang.com/comywi/

AmuroNT1

A little more info:

The game will release in Spring 2012.
It will include episodes from 1 until 3.
The game will consist of Banagher Chapter, Frontal Chapter, Marida Chapter.
Most units that have made an apperance until episode will all be in the game.
It will be done in full CG.
There will be original story. (?)
They are preparing DLC contents as well.
They will faithfully reproduce how MSs get sliced open in close range combat.

And yes, the game will control like ACE, it seems.

2NA Fish

Got my preorder on Extreme VS. Will have been a long time since the last VS game I owned was OMNI vs ZAFT 2 Plus. Just not a fan of portables.

Hmmm. Not sold on that Gundam Unicorn game. Unless the Dreissen, Kapool and Juagg are playable, the MS list might be a bit lacking for my tastes, and I've never been that fond of ACE.

My problem is my MS wishlist is always composed of the odd ones like Agg, Abigor, Tragos, Goohn, ZaWOOT, Tieren Cannon-Type etc, so my chances of seeing my favourite units in any game are slim to zero. When was the last time we saw a development team remember the awesome Tragos?....
AmuroNT1

2NA Fish wrote:When was the last time we saw a development team remember the awesome Tragos?....
That would be Super Robot Wars 64. :D

NastyNate

I am just glad the consoles are getting some games over the portables for a bit. I really hope they have a free mission mode where we can play as mobile suits form msg, zeta, double zeta, stardust, and 0080. Also some of those suits from 0081 would be great. With full 4 player co op like 0081 did.

Calubin_175

Geez, a Gundam UC game made by From Software on PS3 is nice, but the fact that it only covers half the story really sux, much like the first Gundam Seed side scrolling game on PS2. But regardless, people will still buy it.

Hopefully it will be an improved testbed to pave way for ACE R2
J-Lead

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/

^Yeah, a lot of it looks like shite, but I really don't expect this to look stellar after such a short development period. That shot of Kshatriya slicing the Jegan in half looks kinda cool.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Arsarcana

I imagine it's a question of making a game now and getting some cash versus waiting another year or so for the OVA to finish and then making a game. Since they can always make a Part II or just a new game with the whole plot there's not much downside provided that they do get around to finishing the story in a later game. *Glares at 00's games*
hotlimit

Arsarcana wrote:I imagine it's a question of making a game now and getting some cash versus waiting another year or so for the OVA to finish and then making a game. Since they can always make a Part II or just a new game with the whole plot there's not much downside provided that they do get around to finishing the story in a later game. *Glares at 00's games*
Hahah, exactly. Sadly a lot of anime games suffer from that, they never get a 'complete' version that tells the story straight to finish with all the characters.
2NA Fish

AmuroNT1 wrote:That would be Super Robot Wars 64. :D
Wow. Thanks for that info dude. Never had a 64 so I never knew. :D

New Unicorn game looks like a half arse game to me unfortunately. Getting the same vibes as I got from that old 00 game developed by Yukes, so I'll probably give it a miss.
Arsarcana

SRW64 was frigging awesome so if you're a series fan and have the patience for an older game, you might want to give it a go. It not only was one of the last games to do Wing TV (Z2 is making up for this, though Hakai-hen doesn't even cover a quarter of the show) but it's got the underused Dunbine and Layzner, along with the first appearance of God Mars. It's also the game that laid the foundations for a lot of future awesome originals; The Advance Originals are all based on 64 Originals so without the earlier game we'd have no Soulgain for Axel to pilot.
2NA Fish

How's SRW64 compared to SRWF or SRW3? From videos and stuff, it seems 64 uses more or less the same system which I absolutely love. I actually much prefer F's system over any of the post-Alpha systems.(despite ridiculous game imbalance)

On that note, I saw that SRW F and F Final are on PSN, and I'd love to play them again, but at the same time, I'm cringing at the thought of suffering through those late levels. The difficulty in those early games still gives me nightmares. And not being able to replay if you loaded a game and died was the worst part.