Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
ZeonsSilverStar

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

I got all of them, haven't had a chance to play them all yet though, so any level in particular you want to know about?
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
HellCat

Sorry, I was referring to the pre-order DLC.

Which after a very long chain of e-mails, I'm not getting. Despite Koei promising this was valid with all pre-orders, Amazon UK have said they personally never advertised it so I got my wires crossed and have clearly misunderstood another retailer's pre-order promise.

Lovely....
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
ZeonsSilverStar

Ah the Trial of Crimson and Red mission. It's not a particularly difficult mission with it being only one star but getting the medals for it is a pain. 1200 kills for bronze, 1500 for silver, and 1800 for gold. Other than that it's a decent fanservice mission that has you go up against red suited aces namely Char, Johnny, Full Frontal, Athrun, Cagalli, Lunamaria, and Kai and Hayato. Now there is funny little exchange where Char and Johnny go on about who is better suited for the color red when Luna pops in and says she thinks pink suits them better. I'll have to play it again to get the exact lines.
HellCat

Cagalli is in it?

*Zanald table smash*
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
ZeonsSilverStar

Speaking of Cagalli I've learned recently that her stats are low. Like her total is lower than Glemy and somehow even lower than Lacus.
BrentD15

So, I managed to purchase DWG Reborn a couple weeks ago which, thanks to my crappy internet speed, took from 10:25PM on a Saturday night (gotta watch Toonami, yo! :D) to around 4:20PM Sunday afternoon. Sweet geezus!

But it was worth it. I had more fun playing this than GTA Online and BF4.

However, a couple problems I have with the game are 1st) the descriptions for the Skills are a little vague. "Gives an advantage against giant-sized enemies," "Items are treated like power-ups," etc. What constitutes a "giant-sized enemy"; mobile armors? What are the "items" that are "treated like power-ups"?
And 2nd) the sudden ramp-up of the difficulty between 4-star missions and 5-star missions. I was able to handle the 4-star missions with relative ease, but when it started getting to the 5-star missions, I was having significantly more trouble. Particularly with the "Protect the Archangel!" missions; instead of grinding my way to the top, I chose to use my best pilots and units for those missions (Amuro in Nu Gundam, Char Aznable in Sazabi), and I was still having difficulty.

About the mobile armors, I found that the Launch Strike's normal attack (the rockets) really work well against them (at least, when they aren't chasing grunt units).
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Outlaw

This should give you a little bit better rundown of what the skills do, plus who gets them. It does look like it was done before the western release so some of the names are different but it's not hard to figure out.

PS
Am I the only one who got a kick out of the GP03's Hyper SP?
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
BrentD15

Outlaw wrote:This should give you a little bit better rundown of what the skills do, plus who gets them. It does look like it was done before the western release so some of the names are different but it's not hard to figure out.

PS
Am I the only one who got a kick out of the GP03's Hyper SP?
Thank you very much! :D
Also, I'm still wondering what the "all items become power-ups" means. :oops:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Outlaw

I looked into it, it looks to increase the chance that enemy item drops will be power ups. It doesn't seem to mess with box drops though, so you can still get recovery items that way. I'm not really a big fan of temporary boosts, and I'd much rather have the recovery items to fall back on if things get rough so I wouldn't use it personally.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
BrentD15

On the topic of Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, I have to admit that the interactions between various characters is pretty interesting.
For instance, a couple days ago I was playing as Orga in the Calamity Gundam, and when I was fighting against Sting in his Chaos, Sting said "Hey, wake up! Are you off your meds?".
Xenosynth

Though there's no info out yet, the fact that for Gundam Breaker 2 they show a Z'gok shows that they are ready to add MS that have odd bodies/parts which is a huge step up and adds a lot more that they can do. Given how well the game did I am hoping Bamco gave them a better budget. The dev team was REALLY receptive to critique during the Beta and they completely overhauled some mechanics so that is a really good sign that this game will be Breaker but better in every way (When I consider breaker a really amazingly fun, if short, game).
AmuroNT1

Wait, they're actually making a new Gundam Breaker game?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
AmuroNT1

Aha, I went to bed pretty early last night so I missed all this stuff.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Raikoh

While I loved the concept behind it, I passed on the first Breaker due to the fact I knew about it having very limited customization options and fewer parts than I expected. Plus that I tend not to like hack 'n slash or grindfest games for being repetitive. Maybe I'm spoiled because I'm used to downright insane levels of customization in games (case and point being the options in Tekken and Soul Calibur, SCV having what is beyond any doubt my favorite character creation in any game - voice limitations notwithstanding).

I'll keep an eye on Breaker 2. Hopefully it'll have AGE-2.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Xenosynth

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201408/26059881.html

If I'm reading this right, we should have the first concrete Breaker info on the Weekly Famitsu from the 28th?
AmuroNT1

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/gundam-break ... ble-gunpla

The game is promising 100 playable Gunpla, including some fun names like Blue Destiny 1, Epyon, Exia, and AGE-1 Titus. However, before people get too excited, I point out that they pulled this kind of stuff last time around, for example including just Epyon's heat rod and counting it towards the unit roster.

Xenosynth

Actually, I don't recall any of the partial parts being called out as available full MS before, except by American gamers/the japanese wiki. But in terms of Dengeki news and whatnot, I thought everything they presented for Breaker before was accurate. Plus I imagine they already have the parts from the previous game in it.

Don't forget that we also got lots of hints that the first game was rushed along, such as the update being content that was meant to be in by release (Which is why it had the weird Dreissen along with the lead MS it added), so I don't think the partial MS was completely intentional. Also notice that they made sure to highlight certain partial MS from the first game as being complete now (Epyon, Guntank, Beargguy, Gouf Custom).
Xenosynth

Sorry for the double post, but Famitsu update:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201408/28059981.html

Notable things:
RX-78-2 has the G35th detailed design now.

This is amazing.

Looks like you can mix odd-body MS with normals. (Odd body MS meaning stuff like Guntank, Z'gok, and Zeong) Another odd body combination.

PGs got some new moves.

Cannontank + 180mm Cannon.

Colony interior level looks to have a lot more area than the maps in Breaker 1.
Outlaw

The inclusion of Exia makes me excited for the potential to build GN units that don't have to use the twin drive or Susanowo's weird union esque backpack.

As for the rest, all I can say is...