Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
InjuredPelican

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1065/exgan.jpg

Image of Extreme type-Leos' new form, Eclipse Phase.

Also, they're doing another of the popularity events as with the previous version; this time around, the challengers are the Gundam Mk-II and the Hambrabi.
Very glad to see Yazan finally gets in on the action. What took them so long?
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Calubin_175

There are two strategy guides announced for Gundam Battle Operation, each of them includes a product code for an "early deployment" of either the Zaku II FS(Heavy Armed Version) or Ground Type GM (WR).

Since they used the term "Early Deployment", the same term used to describe the GM Light Armor and Zaku II FS from the pre-registration coupon, then chances are they can be unlocked via normal means in the future.
2NA Fish

hotlimit wrote:If you are a Gundam fan and enjoy videogames, your lack of PSP disturbs me :(

And yeah, it's a little weird that they would leave out Sangokuden after having those three units in the previous one... Glad they brouht G-Unit back though, that was a surprise (actually, the entire game was a surprise - but you will see zero complaints or rationalizing from me)
I don't like the PSP mainly because of the controls. Don't like the feel of the buttons, and the D-pad is uncomfortable. The thumb stick is also stiff, and the way it's placed makes me have to stretch and strain my thumb when I use it. Plus, I like my giant robots on a big TV screen. Makes them feel more giant.

And yeah, I'm quite happy they made a new G-Gen game. I'm just annoyed it's on the system I like least. :roll:

Full Boost is looking good. I hope they just continue adding to this one for another year at least, because I DON'T want them to do a full reboot and have to model everything again. I just want a ridiculous sized playable roster.
Calubin_175

This is pretty dumb, but the Battle Operation strategy guide that is coming out on 25 June must have its product code (Zaku II Heavy Type) to be redeemed by 28th June. The strategy guide coming out on 28th June with the Ground GM (WR Equipped) might have a similar expiry date.

The Famitsu article does confirm that it is merely a early unlock, as these units can be acquired as you progress the game. They just said it will be advantageous for players to have them earlier.
Arsarcana

I'm still waiting for another G-Gen game with a proper story instead of a bunch of recreated episodes with bonus dialogue and a few 'what if' situations. Come on, since Cross Drive came and blew we've had 00, Trailblazer and huge chunks of Unicorn and AGE. Surely they can do something with all that new material.
AmuroNT1

G Gen World had a crossover plot, just not to the same extent as things like Monoeyes and Cross Drive.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

What is everyone thinking of Battle Ops now that it is out?

I think it is a big let down. Gameplay is really clunky and the lag is really bad. The game got better when I unlocked the bazooka but still not as good as other options out there. Oh and the energy system is really lame.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Gelgoog Jager

Calubin_175 wrote:This is pretty dumb, but the Battle Operation strategy guide that is coming out on 25 June must have its product code (Zaku II Heavy Type) to be redeemed by 28th June. The strategy guide coming out on 28th June with the Ground GM (WR Equipped) might have a similar expiry date.

The Famitsu article does confirm that it is merely a early unlock, as these units can be acquired as you progress the game. They just said it will be advantageous for players to have them earlier.
I hadn't heard about those limited edition MS, and it's dissapointing to find out that you can't acquire them anymore. If there was still chance of getting them, I do would consider getting those guides.

Are you completely sure about the redeem date? Is there anywhere where I can confirm that information?
NastyNate wrote:What is everyone thinking of Battle Ops now that it is out?

I think it is a big let down. Gameplay is really clunky and the lag is really bad. The game got better when I unlocked the bazooka but still not as good as other options out there. Oh and the energy system is really lame.
I'm not having any major lag issues. Regarding the gameplay, I think it depends on the type of unit you choose, with the long range types having the lowest mobility an the close range types havIng the best mobility.

I haven't unlocked the bazooka, but do have unlocked units such as the Zaku Cannon, Zaku Sniper, and a heavily modified Zaku Tank. Also, today a new desert map was added, where the long range units have a huge advantage.
Calubin_175

I realise that this game requires a fair bit of real time commitment, as in if you don't play everyday, there may not be many low ranking players left in the world that could play an even game with you.

With the 3 match every 6 hour arrangement, it really forces me to discipline myself to wake up at 4am just to play. On weekdays I can only play two sets as I have a 9-6 job.

Be sure to search for games that match your rank. As you progress to higher ranks, you will really need to buy higher tier cost suits, as everyone will be using them. A cost 200 is worth more than 2 100 cost units. It is more about the points earning ability of the mobile suit rather than the cost of replacing one.

I really like how they have categorised the mobile suits, and have tweeked the unit stats on suits so that they have almost symmetrical stats on both factions. This balance only collapses when you get to circa cost 200 where the Zeon will have more melee suits as the Feds with have their Guncannons.

The general purpose ones are the easiest to use as they have high custom parts slot capacity and can flexibly adapt to ranged combat with a bazooka whilst having decent melee as well.

Support types on the other hand may be suitable to those who enjoy playing at a safe distance. Snipers would really need good aiming though.

Melee class units are the most difficult to use as they don't allow for much mistakes due to their thin armor, but in the hands of an ace pilot, they can really be perceived as ace units that can take on 3 opponents at the same time. Don't forget, an agile lightly armored unit in the hands of a rookie will have a higher mortality rate than a similar pilot in a general purpose unit.

Melee cancel is extremely useful. It is done by stepping using x just after a melee slash provided that you have enough boost gauge. When I first discovered this trick in a LV1 GM, I was taking on 3 Zakus simultaneously and they really had the "The enemy is only a single unit, why can't we take it down?" moment. This was no anime as it is a game with constraints of physics applied.

Sometimes keeping several guys busy can serve as a diversion so that allies can attack the enemy base.
NastyNate

Sniping is broken with the immense lag in the game. The game got a ton funner when I unlocked the bazooka but even then when shots should hit they lag out of the way.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Xenosynth

The game seems to be really bad until people move on past the dinky machine gun. Currently using a level 2 Zaku tank.

As for the sniping issue, for me, instead of normally sniping I usually engage in close combat, ram them, then snipe them when they are downed. Also, counter throws are your friend.

So far I've stuck only with Zeon, so I've never tried any feddie suit. I have the Gouf at 84% x____x 2 more times of getting it and I'll have it. Not that I'll use it mind you, but it'll be nice to have. What I really want is a Dom.

Also, I love how they implemented Copy-Paste with both single colors when editing a unit and with entire color schemes. Makes it loads easier to have my same custom paintjob on all units. Sometimes I need to tweak it by switching one or two colors though, considering exactly which space edits which area varies greatly. Though I don't even play federation, I still want them in my custom colors, damn it xD Not giving the feddies a try until I unlock the Ground Gundam. Also, it's unconfirmed, but for some reason the GUndam wiki article has the GM Striker as one of the MS in game. If it is I'd totes play federation a bit to be it.
Gelgoog Jager

I have some concerns on how they will balance the MS on each side and what classes will be assigned to them. For example, the Federation still has at least 2 more Sniper Type MS, but the only other Sniper Type MS Zeon has left is the Gelgoog Jager. On the opposite side, the only distinctive CQC MS the Federation has is the GM Striker, while Zeon has more CQC focused units, including the Gouf series, the Efreet and Gyan, to mention a few.
NastyNate

Gelgoog Jager wrote:I have some concerns on how they will balance the MS on each side and what classes will be assigned to them. For example, the Federation still has at least 2 more Sniper Type MS, but the only other Sniper Type MS Zeon has left is the Gelgoog Jager. On the opposite side, the only distinctive CQC MS the Federation has is the GM Striker, while Zeon has more CQC focused units, including the Gouf series, the Efreet and Gyan, to mention a few.
What would you know about the Gelgoog Jager? :roll:

Xenosynth

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 2bCFZlzZ8w

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... Tf8pq1DcBw

Here's the wiki. From what I can see both sides have nearly equal numbers of 'wrestle' (Melee), General Use (Mid-Range), and Support (Long range).

No Gelgoog Jager or GM Striker on the list though, so I doubt they'll exist unless they expand the unit amounts.
NastyNate

Hello Mr Jim?

NastyNate

DuelGundam2099 wrote:http://age-game.channel.or.jp/movie/pv2.php

Bandai has serious beef against Double Zeta, doesn't it?
this game looks so awesome! I really wish this was coming to the states more so than most gundam games. I would love to have that side story with older flit and emily. They are the main part of age i liked. I think it is so cool how a game developer is making the show and the game so they can make a game that covers the whole story and work on it well before the series is out. That is what the unicorn game suffered for. The mech customization is way cool too. The first gundam game I have seen that has that much. This would make a great US release if they could market the show and game to kids and release toys and such.

Oh and yeah I see what you mean about zz. Kind of funny. But victory gets the same treatment so don't feel too bad.

DuelGundam2099

Err, no; ZZ gets a load more appearances until recently and F91 had popularity in it's day. Aside from not being in recent SRW games or the Age games here, it has had it quite good. Victory on the other hand? Bandai avoids putting it in anything ever and us Western fans prefer the other unreleased series over it.
NastyNate

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Err, no; ZZ gets a load more appearances until recently and F91 had popularity in it's day. Aside from not being in recent SRW games or the Age games here, it has had it quite good. Victory on the other hand? Bandai avoids putting it in anything ever and us Western fans prefer the other unreleased series over it.
Wait what? You just said how ZZ gets the stiff and I was agreeing with you now your saying they got it good and acting like I was an idiot or something? :evil:

DuelGundam2099

I was not trying to do that, I was just saying that ZZ doesn't get the same treatment as Victory Gundam.