Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
pd771

Re: Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

I'll be playing a lot of couch versus. My friend and I are huge Gundam fans and we played a lot against eah other in Rengou versus ZAFT
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
AmuroNT1

Well, my copy has been shipped and should be arriving Friday morning. I have a feeling I'll be doing better here than with Next Plus, mainly because I've had ages to get used to the standard DualShock controller but only one year with the PSP.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Chavelo

I know Gundam doesn't do well over here. But couldn't they at least try marketing it as a fighting game? My brothers don't even like Gundam, yet we'd gather around to do tournaments with our cousins, who had even less of a clue what gundam was!

I know wishful thinking. But I think at least this type of Gundam game could do well enough to warrant some more love stateside <3
DuelGundam2099

"UUUUUUUUGH! NOT ANOTHER GUNDAM GAME! STOP IT, JAPAN!"

-Every major game reviewer on Gundam games, especially X-Play

The lack on interest in Gundam in the US isn't as much of a factor as much as it is video game reviewers generally not liking them for controls/cameras/repetition/"Transformers knock off"/etc. and people do take them seriously, especially with franchises that aren't mainstream like Pokemon. (you could describe most anime adapted games like this)

That's my theory anyway.
RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

AmuroNT1 wrote:Well, my copy has been shipped and should be arriving Friday morning. I have a feeling I'll be doing better here than with Next Plus, mainly because I've had ages to get used to the standard DualShock controller but only one year with the PSP.
I should have my copy tomorrow morning as well, what's your PSN?
AmuroNT1

My PSN is the same as my name here.

Unfortunately, the FedEx guy showed up about half an hour ago and I couldn't get to the door in time. I'm going to have to run by their facility this afternoon to pick it up.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

That sucks, I ran to the door when I heard my doorbell, I knew it was him!
pd771

I've enjoyed what I played so fa. It feels a little slower than the last couple games. The combat speed seems more like Rengou vs. ZAFT than the Gundam vs. Gundam games. More timing based than reflex based for attacking.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

I am learning a bit about this style of play. So far, I don't think there is any way to block anything. I think you just have to quickly evade the attacks. It's all a bit confusing but I am having fun with all these mobile suits to choose from so I'm sure it will come naturally with time.

* Holy Crap, I think I just saw a giant Santa Claus spawn behind a Zaku! LOL
pd771

RX-93v2_Hi-Nu wrote:I am learning a bit about this style of play. So far, I don't think there is any way to block anything. I think you just have to quickly evade the attacks. It's all a bit confusing but I am having fun with all these mobile suits to choose from so I'm sure it will come naturally with time.

* Holy Crap, I think I just saw a giant Santa Claus spawn behind a Zaku! LOL
Yeah, that sound like a move Bernie's Zaku would use based on his battle in Gundam 0080.

AmuroNT1

You can block; just tap Down, Up quickly. It' not a traditional fighting game block, but a quick parry.

domino

Yeah, that's the same block as with ZAFT vs Alliance! It gets easy with practice!
Outlaw

Saw the price to import this and I doubt I'll be able to get it unless I get an unexpected windfall (unemployment sucks). Pretty big bummer, because this one was looking pretty good. :(
DuelGundam2099 wrote:"UUUUUUUUGH! NOT ANOTHER GUNDAM GAME! STOP IT, JAPAN!"

-Every major game reviewer on Gundam games, especially X-Play
I think a lot of that comes from the fact that the past three Gundam games to come out in the west have been from the Dynasty Warriors series, and critics just love to rake that one over the coals. :roll:

Please don't get me started on X-Play, they rate so lowly on the proffesionalism chart I find you'd be better off trusting to a random stranger. Come to think of it I've never heard anyone say anything good about X-Play reviews, even if their opinions coincide.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
yazi88

I should've stuck with Courier instead of EMS, at least Fedex/UPS tell you a estimated date of arrival unlike USPS. Plus they tend to come earlier in the day rather than in the evening. Oh well, looks like Monday is the day the game arrives. Next time I'll also preorder a game atleast 3 weeks earlier rather than 8 days.
RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

AmuroNT1 wrote:You can block; just tap Down, Up quickly. It' not a traditional fighting game block, but a quick parry.
Found out doing Trial Mission 1 tutorials. You have to be precise with it but it does parry quite well. Now, I have to learn all the arcade lingo.

* for the record, in my opinion this game does feel like all the previous Gundam games I feared it would be like. Fortunately, they finally got it right and the movement is very fluid, quick, precise -- I finally feel like I am in the series piloting a mobile suit.
AmuroNT1

For the record, I have observed some of the problems people have seen with custom soundtracks being too quiet. It seems that they have to be pretty loud to be audible unless you turn down the SFX and voice volume.

Also, my buddy ZGMFX10Amod00 from the Junk Guild just had an FAQ for the game published. Here's the link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/641161-kido ... faqs/63453

yazi88

Anyone know how to get the emblem in the vs Bigro mission in trial mode mission course 3?
ZeonsSilverStar

Well FedEx delivered my copy yesterday after a delay of a few hours and I must say that this was money well spent. I even got a chance to play online today, and I could a bit of work to be honest but I had fun. Now I'm alittle curious did anyone else get the unlock for the Hi Nu Gundam?
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

I haven't used mine, but apparently all you need to do to unlock it normally is beat all the Extra Missions in TM Mode.

AmuroNT1

I apologize for double-posting, but they uploaded a promo video for the Arche and BD1 DLC today.

http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/download.html#movie