Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

That's what I meant by "couch versus".
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Chavelo

I noted in one of the videos I found, the Gouf Custom is able to use it's cable to pull itself, it looks sooooo good. I'm drooling! D:
domino

There are also videos which show that the Gouf Custom can use its grappling cable to grab a mobile suit and pull it towards itself and into a melee combo!
DuelGundam2099

I'm surprised no one mentioned the DLC here. I also find it strange Bandai didn't consider Beginning Gundam for this, especially since it'll appear in the new SD Gundam G Generations game, but oh well.
AmuroNT1

The-O, Gottrlatan, Freedom, and Arche, which were announced in the magazines, along with Quess as a navigator. No prices known yet.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

domino

Since they're including Hi-Nu and Freedom as DLC, I hope they also include Wing Gundam again. Did anyone find videos of Wing Gundam in this game that were made before it was removed?
yazi88

Pre-ordered my copy on Play-Asia, Asian version of course, as it was about $20 cheaper than the Japanese version. I wonder if it will come with a mini English cheat-sheet for controls cause a few games I've ordered in the past that were Asian versions did this.

Also paid extra for faster shipping so I can play this ASAP. Yes, I'm that impatient.

I wonder if the game will retain the Linkin Park opening from the arcade version? Maybe as a extra or alternate opening?
AmuroNT1

domino: Hi-Nu isn't DLC, it's in the main game. It's just that some early release copies will include a code that lets you unlock it early. Also, Wing was never in ExVs.

yazi88: I've seen gameplay footage on Namco Bandai TV, and you can hear the LP song on the title screen.

2NA Fish

Darn... I hate that song. Must be the years of Linkin Park AMVs getting to me.
Mu La Flaga

AmuroNT1 wrote:domino: Hi-Nu isn't DLC, it's in the main game. It's just that some early release copies will include a code that lets you unlock it early. Also, Wing was never in ExVs.

yazi88: I've seen gameplay footage on Namco Bandai TV, and you can hear the LP song on the title screen.
Domino might be thinking of Wing Zero or Wing Zero Custom.

I'm thinking Next PLUS is going to remmain my fav version unless Extreme VS is working on adding more stuff back in for the next game because the Capcom people just need to remake everything and all that.

I still say screw them if they stick to EW only.
domino

No I'm not.

I'm referring to the GameFAQ forums which say that the Wing Gundam was in the original version of the Arcades but was removed shortly after they started making updates and balancing gameplay (see how much they changed the Cherudim from being able to snipe on-the-move to having to stop in order to snipe)
AmuroNT1

I've been keeping up with this game from the very beginning, and I never heard a single word about the original Wing Gundam being in it. In fact, nothing has actually been taken out of the game, just altered (as you mentioned, with Dynames).

domino

The 3rd post from the top of this forum thread on GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/990013-g ... s/60353633) mentions the following:
Wing (TV) have been removed from the roster as of now. New series additions include SEED Astray, Crossbone and MS IGLOO.
2NA Fish

They were talking about Wing in the context of GvG Next. What he meant by the word "removed" was that Wing TV series units were in the previous game, GvG Next, but they are no longer featured in ExVS. That's why it's "have been removed" as opposed to "has been removed."

Like saying Re-GZ was "removed" from Gundam Musou 3. It was never in the current game, but people consider it a loss because it was in the previous game in the series.
AmuroNT1

Indeed, what they meant was Wing the TV series, not Wing Gundam. That's why the rest of the line talks about new series additions.

Chavelo

First time considering buying an imported game. I just saw the price. :|

I think I feel a deep depression coming on.. D:
AmuroNT1

Yeah, importing games is expensive, so you really have to want it.

At the very least with the PS3 you don't have to bother with modding the system.

Chavelo

Yeah. Which is why I got a PSP and am hoping to get Gundam Assault Survive. But considering how much it cost to get the PSP and what the game will cost, I would have been just as well off with this PS3 game. Especially since my three brothers loved the versus games on the PS2. They weren't even Gundam fans.
Zeonic Glory

Have my copy preordered from YesAsia and will be eagerly anticipating its arrival. While I'll probably end up doing a good portion of my gameplay in online multiplayer, anyone else planning to do a lot of couch versus with friends? I know I'm looking forward to training them.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.