Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
SlowTurtle

Re: Gundam Extreme Vs coming on PS3

Thank you NT1, the last vs. game I touched was Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam for the PS2. Really looking forward to playing this game. Hows the gudam 00 mobile suits in this game?
Last edited by SlowTurtle on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
domino

AmuroNT1 wrote:Just downloaded The-O and Gottrlatan. The-O is fast for its size and relies heavily upon its assists (Palace Athene does a saber slash that stuns, B-Sahmaan shields and fires in conjunction with your BR). Gottrlatan is a walking friendly fire machine thanks to its scattering cannon and missiles, but the Rig Contio assist is just plain unfair.
Sounds like The-O is very similar to the Quebley in the area of assists. While it definitely can deal some heavy damage in melee and from its funnels, the assists are what makes it annoying to kill.
AmuroNT1 wrote:Above all else, remember that you're most vulnerable when you land from a jump, so it's a good idea to guard or to save a little Boost so you can step or BD before you land.
That is EXCELLENT advice. In fact, it's a technique to try to make your enemy use up his boost and then strike with a heavy attack or wait until they land from boosting a lot and then catch them in a strong melee/heavy attack. Basically, try to always have boost reserves especially when running away or low on life. Fortunately, the boost guages recovers very quickly once you land and when you EX-Burst. Some Gundams like Full Vernian also have special boost capabilities.

The 00 Gundams really vary. The Raphael is not my kind of Gundam and the Susanoo is only for extreme lovers of melee. The Dynames is tailored for range but can perform melee well enough while the Cherudim is totally range and takes too much time posing and looking fancy instead of just shooting the target. The Exia and 00 are the best ones of the bunch with the 00 obviously being better than the Exia due to its all-round awesomeness. The 00 Qan-T is, in my opinion, one of the over-powered Gundams in the game next to Strike Freedom...........heck, with its multiple Gerobis, insane melee and its Quantization, it's almost more overpowered than Strike Freedom

Honestly, I think the RX-78 is one of the best Gundams to play with. It'd be unfair if it did more damage.

Anyone else enjoys using both of Hyaku Shiki's mega particle cannons at the same time?
2NA Fish

Yay, got my All Clear on Trial Mode.

Finally had a look at Free Battle, and I'm horrified they've taken away infinite Boost and infinite EX Meter. I've been dreaming about having all Zaku Kai infinite EX explosion spam for months, but now I find it's not even possible. :(

As expected, I'm loving the Hildolfr the most. Full Cloth is great too, but I feel like such a cheater when I use it.
AmuroNT1

I'm mildly disappointed that you can't affect boost and EX meter, if only for combo experimentation purposes. Means it's hard to see all of BD1's EXAM attacks since you have to build up EX each time.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
SlowTurtle

My copy just arrived the other day and my oh my it brings back the good ol' days.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
JustInTime

Is there any word this game will come to america?
"Our spirits are aflame. Can we see the fire, there is nothing that we cannot defeat. And now this hand of mine is burning red. Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!"
Domon Kasshu
AmuroNT1

I wouldn't hold my breath. Gundam games don't sell too well over here, and Bandai got lazier and lazier with their ports (see Gundam Musou losing all the licensed music). There are rumors that the sequel to ExVs will let you choose between Japanese and English voices, which would heavily imply a US release, but until we get some kind of confirmation it's still just rumor.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

2NA Fish

By the way, what version of Strike Shutsugeki are they using in the game? Sounds so off. I couldn't stand it so I switched it to the CD version with the electric guitars.
AmuroNT1

It's a remix made exclusively for the game, as with all the instrumental music. Personally I ended up with a playlist of over 100 songs because I wanted a lot of variety, with practically every series getting two opening themes and one for each individual character.

AmuroNT1

Sorry to double post, but just wanted to mention that the latest (and maybe last) DLC is out now. It consists of the Zeong and Freedom Gundam (500 yen apiece) and Hi-Nu for free for everyone.

Zeong plays very similarly to its incarnation in Next Plus, with only a couple of tweaks. It gets a focused finger guns shot that's similar to how the chest cannons were in N+, whereas the chest cannons are now a "gerobi"-type weapon (the mouth cannon, which was a gerobi last time, is just a single shot). It loses the "funnel mode", but that wasn't really necessary. Still uses rocket punches for melee, but they fire faster, and the Goomba Stomp was changed from Back to Forward. Also, it's very fast during Burst.

Freedom is pretty interesting. It isn't as fast as I thought it'd be, honestly. The Baleana/Xiphas is a nice new option, the former doing more damage and having better range while the latter fires faster. The fast roll is a really nice move because it lets you pull quick evasion, play mind games with the beam saber, or fire off just about any weapon (tho the beam rifle can only be fired once during). Its charge shot is Justice flying out and slashing with its saber, launching the enemy upwards and setting them up for all kinds of fun.

Hi-Nu is...well, it's been around since the game was released almost two months ago. You should know what it does by now.

ZeonsSilverStar

Well now both sound fun but I won't be able to get them until early next month. I'm gonna save up a bit so I can get all the DLC units I haven't bought at once.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
2NA Fish

Thanks for the info again AmuroNT1.

I just realised, you can't set 1 vs 3 in Free Battle anymore. That's incredibly disappointing as well. No more DIY handicap challenges. Huge oversight there which I hope will be fixed in the next version.

Had my young cousins over to play over the weekend. They couldn't handle the game at all. I showed them how to dash cancel and stuff, but after about 10 minutes of getting trashed by the AI on easy difficulty, they gave up. Since they couldn't manage boost, check radar, properly use cancels, or understand firing angles, their units moved like slugs while the AI flew around them like supermen. They immediately went back to playing Gundam Musou.

Goes to show that despite the game and basic controls being pretty simple, this game has quite a bit of depth to it. Makes me think most western reviewers will trash the game because they'll think it's easy, and yet they won't be able to play it.
SlowTurtle

Quick question, how do you go about getting the DLC for Gundam Extreme VS.? Well a normal PSn card do or is it moe complex then that and what DLC suits should I get?
ZeonsSilverStar

You'll have to get a Japanese PSN card to add to your account, which also has to be Japanese. You can buy these from sites like Play-Asia, Japan Codes, and I've heard Yes Asia. I've used Play-Asia and Japan Codes in the past but I'd say that Japan Codes is the better choice. As for what suits you should get I guess it depends on your play style. I've gotten the Arche, Zeong, Freedom, and Gottrlatan. Out of the four I enjoy the Gottrlatan the most but I've been told that The O is pretty aswell.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

I picked up all the DLC machines, personally. BD1 apparently got some early trashing, but it's a pretty solid 2000-pointer.

Also, at the Premium Dogfight 2012 event today we got a trailer for Full Boost.

Camrip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb7dt5QGLBM

Pertinent info:
-New units confirmed include V Gundam, Corin's Kapool, Duel Gundam AS, Impulse Gundam, Unicorn Unit 2 "Banshee", and Reborns Gundam/Cannon.
-Leos Aroi and Secia Avea from the manga Gundam EXA will be in the game, Leos piloting an Extreme Gundam (and voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto, Index's Accelerator and Gunpla Builders' Kenta) and Secia (voiced by Ayana Taketetsu, K-On's Azusa and OreImo's Kirino) as a navigator.
-Extreme Burst will come in two versions now: Assault (Power and Speed up, Defense down, Reload up ONLY if used at full gauge, maybe Super Armor) and Blast (Power and Speed up less than Assault, Defense up, Reload up several times, lasts longer).

domino

Sweet!

They show Stargazer at 0:30 and a Jegan at 0:34
Is that the Stargazer again at 0:28 and 0:53?
I'm interested to know if that's Stargazer yet again at 1:23 or if it's a different suit (with the huge ring in front of it)

Did they confirm if it was going to be released for PS3 as a new release or an upgrade?
AmuroNT1

Odds are good it'll be a separate game. I don't think Capcom learned their lesson from Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Anyway, some RUMORED news about the game. Again, RUMORED. Take all of this with a grain of salt.

New Units:
Extreme Gundam EXA Version
Gyan
Victory Gundam
Unicorn "Banshee"
Efreet Kai
Corin's Kapool
Duel Gundam AS
Strike Noir
Stargazer
Impulse Gundam
Throne Drei
Reborns Gundam/Cannon

Changes to existing units:

-Cost Adjustments
Sazabi upped to 3000
Virsago Chest Break, Susanoo, GP02A all upped to 2500
Crossbone X-2 Kai and Kyshtria downgraded to 2000

-HP Adjustments
Sazabi upped to 670
Destiny upped to 700
Full Cloth downed to 600

-Gameplay Changes
Master gets Fu'unsaiki (specifics yet unknown)
Wing Zero gains multi-lock Buster Rifle, like in Next Plus
Double X's Special Shoot is Airmaster B/Leopard D Assist; Beam Sword Throw is now a Charge Shot
Infinite Justice gets a Slash ZAKU Assist (kind of confused on this one...)
Powered Red Frame (Red's Awakening) now has a 150 Gerbera attack as a Charge Shot
00 Gundam gets Seravee as an assist, Beam Rifle upped to 4 ammo
00-Raiser gets the Saber Throw, Back Melee comes out faster, Beam Rifle upped to 6 ammo, GN Micromissiles changed to Melee Charge Shot
Hildolfr's Neutral melee string changed to four hits, Smoke Discharger starts at 0 ammo and builds up, EX Burst is a spinning random shoot; nerfed all around

-New Unit Info
Throne Drei has Eins Assist as its Sub-Weapon (GN Megacannon) and Zwei Assist as its Special Shot (Buster Sword uppercut, launcher)
Impulse costs 2500 and can swap packs. Force plays like in Next (Charge Shot is the Shield Reflect Shot, Special Shot is the Separate Shot), Sword and Blast play like Alliance vs ZAFT II
Victory costs 1000 and can equip change into V-Dash.

domino

If the rumoured changes are true then yeah, a new game should be expected. It's way too soon for it to be as profitable as it SHOULD be (this game is awesome) but otherwise, it'll be a long update.

I can understand upping Sazabi and Virsago but not GP02A and Susanoo. GP02A and Susanoo depend too much on melee to be 2500.

I know that pilots and their MS are being added based on popularity but I would've preferred Throne Eins honestly but I'm glad that it's at least an assist.

They should include Gold Frame and Kyrios so that we have at least one of Allelujah's suits (why is he being left as an assist only?)
AmuroNT1

I think part of the problem is that Alle's Gundams aren't seen as very exciting or interesting. They don't have any really iconic moments to recreate, and their weapon lists are kind of sparse until you bring in optional gear like Kyrios' arm missile pods or Arios' GNHW stuff.

2NA Fish

Gah! That new theme song is godawful!

Hyped for V-Dash. Hope that's not all the new units though. I'm not big on SEED and 00 getting so many MS while some other series languish.

Was hoping they'd announce AGE, Sentinel or more G and X.

We'll be seeing more info soon for sure though, so fingers crossed they still have some surprises for us.