list of alternate Gundam factions from games (please help!)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Markim Jaspari

list of alternate Gundam factions from games (please help!)

I'm trying to create a master list of factions that showed up in the Gundam games that didn't actually exist in the anime. I don't mean factions from AU timelines.

For starters, what are all of the alternate factions from the Gihren's Greed games that never appeared in the other material?

Just looking at this list, we have:

Orthodox Zeon (Kycilia's Zeon) - I prefer the name "Legitimate Zeon," myself.

Newborn Zeon (Garma's Zeon) - I've also seen them called "New Life Zeon," which is just a dumb name.

Casval's Neo Zeon/Char's Neo Zeon - So apparently there are two Neo Zeons in the game. One is if Char had created his movement during the OYW. The other is if he had done it in CCA. Can anyone please explain this distinction to me?

Quattro's AEUG - What would be the difference with the regular AEUG?

Glemmy's Axis

Also I've read that in another game in the series, Tem Ray forms an army of disgruntled scientists.

So, are there any ones that I'm missing from either the Gihren's Greed series, or any other Gundam games?
AmuroNT1

Re: list of alternate Gundam factions from games (please hel

I believe there's an all-women faction in one of the older Gihren's Greed games, but I don't recall its name at the moment.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mark064

There are a few factions which really aren't that alternate. For example Quattro's AEUG, Papatimus's Titans and Glemy's Neo Zeon are all what we saw in Zeta or ZZ with a change in leadership after the former leader's death or an attempted take over.

Tem Ray's army is simply called Tem Ray's Army.

The difference between the two Neo Zeon's is the first is that Char rebels against the Zabi Family in the OYW. In the original Gihren's Greed game after you beat the Earth Federation or Zeon you went into part two which include other factions and when you beat them more appeared. Casaval's Neo Zeon is basically just Char rebelling against the Zabi family. With Casaval's Neo Zeon from what I recall you get this by not sending Char after the White Base, and eventually the White Base crew joins up and gives him a Gundam.

The PS2 version of the game actually allows you to create your own faction and have any leader this allows for a total of 141 factions. There are pics of what would happen too if that faction won which includes funky combination. The few I saw include Dmitri's Zakrello army and Akahana had everyone dressed as him.

AmuroNT1: There indeed is an all woman faction lead by Haman/Mineva but they are just called Axis. Each disc has their own special scenario, the Zeon Disc has you playing as Gihren Zabi when Garma and Kishiria decalre their own Zeon factions.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Markim Jaspari

141?!? I really want to see how that works.

Thanks a lot for the info! I would like to create one of those G Generation type settings with every single alt-UC Gundam faction. But it would be quite contradictory, because it seems like there's like ten different possible Zeon factions.
Koshernova

Mark064 wrote: The difference between the two Neo Zeon's is the first is that Char rebels against the Zabi Family in the OYW. In the original Gihren's Greed game after you beat the Earth Federation or Zeon you went into part two which include other factions and when you beat them more appeared. Casaval's Neo Zeon is basically just Char rebelling against the Zabi family. With Casaval's Neo Zeon from what I recall you get this by not sending Char after the White Base, and eventually the White Base crew joins up and gives him a Gundam.
While I've never played any of the Gihren's Greed games, this sounds a LOT like it's inspired by/a homage to Tomino's Mobile Suit Gundam novels, in which
Spoiler
Amuro is shot dead by some random Newtype grunt, and the crew of the White Base join up with Char, who proceeds to lead them to victory, and then taking over, Zeon.
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
EleSigma

In the three GG PSP games there is:

Orthodox Zeon (Legitimate Zeon)
New Life Zeon
Casaval's Neo Zeon
Tem Rey's Army
Axis Women's Corp.
Pricipality of Zeon during the Zeon Civil War

Technically Glemmy's Axis is sort of an alternate faction (since he didn't last too long in the anime after rebelling).

Other than this I don't think there is any more. :(

@Kosh-Yep this game has a lot of alternate story paths that borrow from alternate interpretations of the series. Such as:
Spoiler
you can have Zeta events end like they did in the movie. Develope the special assault aqua MS in time and you'll get the special option to invade Jaburo early with only those types of MS, which was Gihren's original plan. Or in Blood of Zeon you could follow the T.V. show events down to Gihren getting killed by Kycillia at A-Boa-Qu or General Revil getting vaporized by the Colony Laser if your intelligence level wasn't funded high enough...this would cause you to have a game over by special defeat though. :P The peace treaty option post A-Boa-Qu was removed in the latter games sadly. :(