My friend's review of WoW: Mists of Pandaria

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Vent Noir

My friend's review of WoW: Mists of Pandaria

I try not to spam stuff from my friends that much, but I really liked this review, and thought more people should get to see it.

And I've never even played WoW.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Kei Katsuragi

Re: My friend's review of WoW: Mists of Pandaria

I was a hardcore WoW player for years, and I share the feelings this guy here has, but as a review he didn't too much into the actual Pandaria expansion, only loosely covering elements like the graphics and retrofitted talent system.
Khandri

^ What they said.

I've been an avid WoW player for over four years now; I came in at the tail end of Burning Crusade, raided with my guild's progression team through Wrath and Cataclysm, and I'm still playing now. I got my main to 90 in five days after MoP launched. But I agree that the review really didn't get into the meat of the expansion and what's really going on at endgame, which is what matters most to a lot of people.

Personally, I think that's where it's falling flat, and I'm already feeling close to burnout only a few weeks in and without even stepping into a raid yet; I'm no hardcore player or anything, but I still feel exhausted. Where I'm at, endgame is nothing but a mindless grind to get gear and reputation (and the reputation to get the gear and open up even more rep grinds), the mob mechanics are driving me batty, dailies give you these rewards that are completely useless and only waste precious bag space, and I also feel hampered by the fact that I'm not the most social of people and don't want to group with random strangers (something they seem to be pushing for more and more these days). I'd rather be doing things with my guildmates, and it's just not convenient yet because we don't have enough people at level cap yet.

Aesthetically, it's gorgeous, and there's a lot to do, not to mention that it's a big step up from the failure that was Cataclysm, but there's a whole lot more to it than that, and I don't think the review really delves into anything beyond that.

(Sorry for the novel. It's just a topic that I otherwise really don't get to talk about much without risking getting dogpiled.)
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Kei Katsuragi

Khandri wrote:not to mention that it's a big step up from the failure that was Cataclysm
In all fairness, levels 1-60 were a blast in Cata.
MechLife

Haven't played much WoW, but this was pretty funny! Your friend should do more reviews
Vent Noir

He's got a few up on that website.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I have not played that game in yeaaaaars

I guess Mist of Pandaria is not that good, I always wanted to join the Scarlet Crusade. It sucks that everyone got killed and now Sally is the leader
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!