2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Homeless

Re: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

It's the best thing the OG series has done in a long, long time.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
DuelGundam2099

!!!.....
Oh come now, they only destroyed some mechs, it's not like the announced a remake of some girly series- Oh wait that did happen. :( Seriously, I'd rather see the gespenstes or grungusts obbliterated or at least
Spoiler
Latooni or Kusha.
Rumor on /m/ (yes I know, salt) claims Black Judecca appears in the final level with a bunch of other summonables from the final boss, is that true?
Strike Zero

AmuroNT1 wrote:Am I the only person who either doesn't give a damn about the Huckebeins and/or thinks the reaction is insanely overblown?
Hardly. Every Huckebein aside from the Mark I is overrated.

Gespensts are where the awesome is at.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

Judging by your current avatar Strike, I assume you've seen how she finally grew up a bit in the OGverse.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Outlaw

AmuroNT1 wrote:Am I the only person who either doesn't give a damn about the Huckebeins and/or thinks the reaction is insanely overblown?
Well, for me it was mostly joking (see:hyperbole). The only one I have a fondness for is the mark I.
In truth it has been many years since I could say I've even been "slightly worked up" over a game.
Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

edit:added sarcasm "tags" to original post.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
stagrider

While it is a bit overblown imagine if this happened,
To make Lioh they had to permanently destroy Daizengar and Aussenseiter, i think some people would be angry.
Think of this like that.
Kuruni

DuelGundam2099 wrote:( Seriously, I'd rather see the gespenstes or grungusts obbliterated or at least
Spoiler
Latooni or Kusha.
Those two are very popular characters,
Spoiler
and in case of Kusuha, essential character for Chokijin's storyline.
stagrider wrote: While it is a bit overblown imagine if this happened,
To make Lioh they had to permanently destroy Daizengar and Aussenseiter, i think some people would be angry.
Think of this like that.
I think the effect is lessen because Huckies are - and potrayed as - real robot type, so it's somewhat less sentimental than what would happen if DGG or SRX got destroyed. I think people overact (pretty sure it's on purpose :mrgreen: ) because 1. to re-enact Duo Maxwell's big "NOOOO!" :twisted: 2. it's "drop a bridge on him" type. I guess this trope isn't completely bad writing afterall, probaly because they're mech, not people.
Last edited by Kuruni on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Strike Zero

Wingnut wrote:Judging by your current avatar Strike, I assume you've seen how she finally grew up a bit in the OGverse.
Indeed I have, and she is awesome. Though I still prefer regular Valsione just a little bit more in terms of her looks.
AmuroNT1

stagrider wrote:While it is a bit overblown imagine if this happened,
Think of this like that.
Kind of an unfair comparison, since there aren't any legal issues surrounding the DGG series the way there apparently are with Huckebeins. It's rather like the Unseen from Battletech.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Hrm... the Huckebeins are actually one of the ones I like more. But I am actually not as big into a lot of OG originals. Overreacting about them getting destroyed is kinda silly, given that... well, I mean, like mentioned, they are real robot-types and can be possibly rebuilt. It isn't a one time machine I don't think so.. yeah. Being mad about them being destroyed is like getting all up in arms about someone remaking a series that you don't like nor are the target audience to begin with xD

Though I do understand Stagrider was using hyperbole, so nothing against you Stagrider =3

I really think the only one I really have an attachment to is the Valhawk, but IIRC the Valhawk/Valstork are only cameos in this game, right?

Also, just curious if anyone has a character list for this game? I've... actually not really played too many SRW games, besides the Alpha series, the Z series, and W. I played K but wasn't really into the originals for that one, and I have a copy of L lying somewhere in my closet that I need to try, but yeah, any original characters from those games show up as playables?
RedWolf

I guess we are headed for L and W territory for the next OGs since...
Spoiler
Graien Grussman got accidentally killed and Bless was an EFA officer that retires to tend to the family business.
Destiny_Gundam

So let's see if I have this straight. In this game we have
Spoiler
the Government's new task force, more DC remnants, the La Gias stuff, Perfectio, the MX baddies, the youkijin, the Guests, Gan Eden, and the Balmar.
And I thought OG2 had too many factions...
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
AmuroNT1

Spoiler
As far as I know, the Balmar aren't really involved; it's just that Euzeth shows up as the Super Final Boss if you get all the SR Points. Likewise, Gan Eden is merely the normal final boss; I don't think there was any word about the Earth being sealed like in Alpha 2.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Destiny_Gundam

I assume the latter two must have something to do with the overall plot, or else it seems completely random. All the previous final/extra bosses were related to the story in some manner.
Kuruni

I think Euzeth is here mostly to comfirm us that the Empire is still around, I mean, the previous encounter with Balmar should make you wonder if Terada has prepare some plot twist by making its current state as merely a shadow of glorious empire.
Spoiler
Although it's most likely re-enact his role in Super Heroes Sakusen and Alpha 1, where he's on Earth by his own agenda. The Adamatron is pretty much alternate version of Zest (Zest was result of Euzeth get hold of Ultraman's power by using Devil Gundam).
AmuroNT1

Oh yeah, big "oh shit" moment in this game on Stage 29:
Spoiler
The Earth government (which apparently became a dictatorship in OG2) sends Lee in a new battleship to confront the Hagane and Hiryu. They don't know it's Lee since he lets a spokesman do the talking, but the heroes end up fleeing at high speed...and they accidentally crash into the ship of the world leader and his entire entourage, killing them all and making our heroes the enemies of the world. Possible setup for ZEUTH vs ZEUTH in OGs 3rd?

Destiny_Gundam

Wait, why is Egret still alive? I know he survived in the anime but in OGS he still got killed by Wodan.
Kuruni

AmuroNT1 wrote:Oh yeah, big "oh ZOINKS" moment in this game on Stage 29:
Spoiler
The Earth government (which apparently became a dictatorship in OG2) sends Lee in a new battleship to confront the Hagane and Hiryu. They don't know it's Lee since he lets a spokesman do the talking, but the heroes end up fleeing at high speed...and they accidentally crash into the ship of the world leader and his entire entourage, killing them all and making our heroes the enemies of the world. Possible setup for ZEUTH vs ZEUTH in OGs 3rd?

Consider that Feddie (under Blue Cosmos' grip) is antagonist in large part of J, W and Alpha 3 (next candidates for OG immigrant), I think this has to be done.
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Wait, why is Egret still alive? I know he survived in the anime but in OGS he still got killed by Wodan.
Based on what I've heard, the Cry Wolves found him in OGG when they went to investigate the Earth Cradle (they don't refer to him by name, but it's fairly apparent that it's him). Evidently, he managed to survive the facility dropping on top of him thanks to the Machine Cells.
Kuruni wrote:Consider that Feddie (under Blue Cosmos' grip) is antagonist in large part of J, W and Alpha 3 (next candidates for OG immigrant), I think this has to be done.
Also based on what I've heard, I believe that the Londo Bell was in a similar position at the end of 3 in the Classic timeline, so that falls in line with whatever they're going to be adding in from there in 3rd OG.
RedWolf

AmuroNT1 wrote:Oh yeah, big "oh ZOINKS" moment in this game on Stage 29:
Spoiler
Unlikely
Spoiler
Since Brian Midcrid is now free negotiating with the Zuvorg. The Guest faction is destroyed. Mekibos is now at Hagane and Hiryu's side.

Also the guy who took over after Graien Grussman is Euzeth Gozzo!

The guy who arranged Lee to chase them resulting to the coup plotters death was also Euzeth Gozzo's doing.

It was also Euzeth's orders that the Huckebeins were destroyed so that the Tronium and Black Hole engines would be installed in one mech. So he can conveniently assimilate it later on.

Now the only wild card left is GS. Not a proper part of the EFA loosing its political backer.

Which is why I say we are going for L territory for the next game with a new president, Lude Gloria.

W is given with Bless Ardygun cameo, quitting the EFA to inherit the "family business".

Speculation

The K element would involve Earth getting associated with the galaxy at large with the Zuvorg Alliance. Planets in K could be Zuvorg members with refugees going to Earth.

Earth has a Crossgate in its backyard. Since it was all Euzeth Gozzo's doing Earth hasn't really encountered the Balmarians properly.

Adding J would involve the Fury that could be related to the First People of Earth that created the Gan Edens and the ancient Crusians from K.

I can see the Database following at the heels of the Edax recording the civilizations the Edax destroyed.