2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
angelwingzero

Re: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So I read a rumor from /m/ (yeah yeah) that the new GS organization is short for this. With that said, what do you guys think it might be?
Gaia Savior might be it, but Mark Hunter was already in EF:Exceed. I'm betting on Glory Star but not the one from Z, not yet at least.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Im not sure if anyone else is hoping for this but I kinda want Beowulf will show up as a villain?
I mean its kind of a small wish but I really want to fight Beowulf everytime they remove that fight I cry a little inside now I am hoping that maybe he made the jump I mean the inspectors anime did kinda foreshadow if they decided to go with it
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Zechs Merquise

Yeah I'm hoping Beowulf shows up as well.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
DuelGundam2099

Magarga and the GC originals get my vo- *dodges bricks*
Strike Zero

Hey, I wouldn't have a problem with GC/XO playing a part. If nothing else, it'd give them an excuse to throw in the highly adorable ponytailed enemy ace. Not to mention the PCs have an incredibly badass theme song.
GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Im not sure if anyone else is hoping for this but I kinda want Beowulf will show up as a villain?
I mean its kind of a small wish but I really want to fight Beowulf everytime they remove that fight I cry a little inside now I am hoping that maybe he made the jump I mean the inspectors anime did kinda foreshadow if they decided to go with it
Given that the "foreshadowing" involved making it a point to completely annihilate him, I highly doubt we'll ever see him again.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kuruni

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Magarga and the GC originals get my vo- *dodges bricks*
I wish Super Robo Gakuen characters will make cameo...mostly because I like Komatsu Eiji (the artist) :mrgreen: .

A little more serious, fighting X/Cross from Great Battle IV should make another great battle (sorry for lame pun). He was the rival to Compatible Kaiser anyway.
My girlfriend was a loli.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Strike Zero wrote:Hey, I wouldn't have a problem with GC/XO playing a part. If nothing else, it'd give them an excuse to throw in the highly adorable ponytailed enemy ace. Not to mention the PCs have an incredibly badass theme song.
GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Im not sure if anyone else is hoping for this but I kinda want Beowulf will show up as a villain?
Given that the "foreshadowing" involved making it a point to completely annihilate him, I highly doubt we'll ever see him again.
Yes but in game that did not happen yet. So because of this I am hoping we get a chance to fight and annihilate Beowulf proper in game
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
DuelGundam2099

Cybuster confirmed for dual wielding!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMt_XWSl ... r_embedded

Also, who's in the R-Gun Powered? 'cause I don't remember Mai having blue hair.
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Cybuster confirmed for dual wielding!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMt_XWSl ... r_embedded

Also, who's in the R-Gun Powered? 'cause I don't remember Mai having blue hair.
That would be Viletta. No surprise there as Mai would more likely be in the ART-1 rather then the R-Gun these days, and the R-Gun is very old hat for the SRX leader to pilot.

Though speaking of Mai, I heard her VA doing some of those enemy grunts in that video filtered through the Levi Tolar voice she does.

The 4 mech team attack seems to work with anybody as well.

The upgrade to Formation R was nice too. Ryusei seems to have adapted the ART-1's final attack to the R-1 with the T-Link Crash Sword.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
angelwingzero

The Maximum Break attacks can only be instigated by people with Leadership skill (like Viletta, Kai and Kyosuke), but can involve any other three units to fill out the attack.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
DuelGundam2099

Some live stream event is happening on the 27th. That and a fourth preview video will be released soon:

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 045034.jpg
DuelGundam2099

MAHQ: The ultimate source for mecha info; yet somehow, despite the amount of OG fans here, someone like me has to be the one to mention the new magazine scans:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 695934.jpg

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 867558.jpg

First one confirms Fabularis and two new lion custom units (too many of those things exist as it is), the second one confirms some combo attacks and a new PV that will air some time very early tomorrow morning for east coast people like me.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

I recognize most of the units except for those at 2:43, 3:10, 4:22, 4:37, 4:46, and 5:22 (although I'm almost sure it is a Volkluss half). I thought the original protags from Reversal and Copact 3 would show up, but I guess not. At least they showed LIOH at the very end.
Arbiter GUNDAM

They're going to make an anime out of this, right? :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
angelwingzero

The R protagonists are in with at least one new Excellence Frame, the Excellence Rescue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQ6Ep9Y-Fc
DuelGundam2099

I wonder what the new lions being fought are called.
Strike Zero

They are called マスカレオン (Ma-su-ka-re-o-n). As to how this should be written in English, there are any number of made up things it could be; Maskareon, Maskerleon, etc.

Another possibility is "Masqueraon," which would be taken from the English word masquerade, which would make sense given their mysterious origins.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.