2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
RedWolf

Re: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

yazi88 wrote:Are the other Huckebeins in the game?

EDIT: My bad, so they are gone? Oh well. Still plenty of Real robots left. And the Exbein Ashe/EX are still around so that's okay.

Maybe it might give a chance for a Huckebein MK-IV?
Galilnagant is made from a mass produced Huckebein MK-II like the Bergelmir.

The Exexbein is essentially the Huckebein MK-IV with the Tronium and Black Hole engines in it, it also has a Gravicon system, Tesla drive, T-Link system and Uranus system.
DuelGundam2099

What exactly is a Uranus System? :?
AmuroNT1

Quoting Gate of Magus (srwog.velv.net):

"This is a perfected T-Link system that is only activated when the Psychodriver pilot has an overload of power. It allows enhanced abilities and powers. If used though, it may cause the pilot brain damage due to being connected to it and suffering from a mental overlead."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DuelGundam2099

Thank you, AmuroNT1. In other news, I come from /m/ baring possible spoilers! Feel free to confirm/disprove:
Spoiler
Euzeth in this world did everything he did because he wanted to know the truth behind his memories of past lives. (past SRW titles)

It turns out that he and Ingram, as well as other people (Ryuusei, Masaki, etc.) have to some extent memories of previous lives in other worlds and times, and people are linked to each other so even in different timelines Masaki will fight Shuu and whatever.

After discovering all this Euzeth's goal is to destroy all universes and recreate his own, becoming the new progenitor and creator. (so..... an Edel?)

He uses the Adamatron (named so because he's both Adam and Metatron, he says) which is him in the Ganeden controlling it using Ing as the masiaf, fused with AI1 which had absorbed the crossgate (replacing the Star of Ra Mu in MX) from under the Antarctic which he uses the crossgate as a halo. In his strongest attack he supposedly overloads your mind with knowledge of previous worlds; you can see silhouettes of the Black Judecca (hey that thing actually appears!), Astranagant, Dis Astranagant, and both Gan Edens.

He does mention the possibility of Ingram reincarnating/returning (though too late to stop him), and defeating him releases the crossgate which now sits in space like it did in Alpha 3. Amala was just a Barshem (a what?), Euzeth kills her when she was left with 200 HP before exploding after revealing that he's not doing this for the Balmary empire.

Ing is an artificial masiaf (Gan Eden pilot) created by merging barshem and machinery children technology, he was sent to the Kouryuusentai because 1) Euzeth expected them to be chosen by Ganeden 2) Fighting would awaken his psychodriver abilities.

The things the GS' Alpha Saviours (commanders of Masquereons) use are equipped with weapons called gunneries and carvers. You know, like... the gunnery carvers that the Glory Star (also GS) used in Z. (Also something about a a weapon system called the Geminira)

Also the stuff about people inheriting memories seems like it could be related to the Z stuff. Specifically at one point Euzeth says directly to Masaki that someone who has become aware of cursed memories can no longer remain the same, and also refers to the cycle of death and rebirth of the universe as "hakai" and "saisei" as in like the Z2 titles (破界/再世 destruction and recreation of worlds).

The end hints the following:

-One more Heavens-class Shura god missing (most likely Gizoss Gragios)
-The fourth DGG missing
-Huckebein Mk-2 Prototype 3 missing
-"Zelphart" mentioned by Euzeth (nobody knows WTF it is, I'm guessing Alpha Ark from ACE Rebirth)
-Canis design, weapon names, source unit, Geminira, name all references to Z's Virgora
-The silhouettes in Euzeth's attack
-Mysterious energy readings inside the moon (FURY CONFIRMED)
-Neue DC missing (um.... what?)
-Crossgate and its creators
-Balmar empire
-Past life memories and Black Wisdom/Knowledge
-Galilnagant with 300 HP before "dying"
I left out a bunch of stuff based on choukijin backstory and some dialogue session between Euzeth and a couple of others explaining how universes come and go. Long story short the next OG game might be the finale! At least Keiser Ephes should make the epic final boss cut.
Strike Zero

Wow, that's amazing.

Except for how I already posted all of that stuff plus more one page back. :roll:

Yes, most of it sounds legit, but I myself have no method of confirming whether or not its actually true.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:a Barshem (a what?)
The line of clones that Ingram and Viletta come from. Ingram for example was Aleph Barshem and Viletta was Bet Barshem, and Cobray was also part of this line (#16 I think with Ingram being #1 and Viletta #4) who had the name Ayin before running into the Astranagant while on patrol.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

Thank you Wingnut and sorry Strike Zero.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

Koji Hayama really has a knack for that, it seems. :D

For me, my top favorite new theme from the game is most definitely DesPair. Godly.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Jam Project's new song is beyond epic.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

In incredibly boring news because I have no life/the akatsuki wiki doesn't list them yet here are the names of the new youkijin! Translate them if you can because google translate surely won't do it.

孟槐
何羅魚

帝江
苦辛公主

Also a pair of new custo types because nobody else is bringing them up.

スナピル (Sunapile)
ズロア (Zauroa)

Same place I found these also listed Geios Guld being in the game, I think it's safe to say every Guest is accounted for. It also seems like Alles Geist doesn't change into it's draconic form.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

A bit late to this, but yeah the moment Ryoto said that all the Huckebeins were in for maintenance in Masaki's route at the beginning of the game (in fact, even when I saw Ryoto in the Armorlion of all things), I knew Banpresto was going to take the Huckebeins out of the series for good. I just didn't know if it was going to be an off-screen attack on Mao Industries or they were going to get blown up on-screen on the hand-off to our guys. Thankfully they weren't cheap and went with the latter; I would have been seriously irked if something big like that happened off-screen. Though I'm quite a bit irked that they blew up the Huckebeins anyway. ****ing copyright whining jack@$$es that started that whole mess. :x

I'm not sure why they didn't leave the name Huckebein on the EX-exbein. Nevermind that the name "EX-exbein" sounds dumb, there was nothing wrong with the name Huckebein itself, hence why we still have MP Huckebein Mk IIs. The original Exbein Ash was just a testbed machine for getting data on new parts and equipment so that name made sense, but the EX-exbein is an actual full-blown sucessor to the Huckebein line.
Personally, I just call it the Mk X, as per its codename that Rob pointed out.

I just hope that Ing stays with the cast for the rest of the OG series. He's now the Last Huckebein Pilot. Film copyright pending. :lol:
And I also hope that we keep the D and MX pilots and mechs for the next game as well. Katina, Russel, Tasku, Leona, Ryoto, Rio, Yuu, and Carla are all still around despite having no plot relevance anymore, and in more than just being brought back because they needed support mecha pilots like the R crew returning. (who I'm glad are back too, and the Excellence Rescue is actually a nice unit even for combat)

On a side note I like how they indirectly mentioned ACE R and Endless Frontier Exceed. :)

By the way, there's rumor going around that kill counts are carried over (in fraction) just like credits and pilot points. Is this true? (I haven't finished my first playthrough yet) That would seriously help with the secrets that require kill counts. I've noticed that this game gives crap PP and kills to pilots just joining up or who went on the other route lines. Axel had less than 100 PP when I first got him on the first space route; by that point characters who I'd had since the beginning of the game like Irm had gotten over 300. And all the pilots who went on the earth route had barely gotten anything in either kills or PP when I got them back. :x

So we have hints of SRW Z and there was never any doubt that 3rd Alpha was going to arrive of course (and in all likelihood will be used for the OG Saga's conclusion), so what other SRWs do we have left? There's K, W, and J as far as I remember, and by the time any announcement for 3rd OG is made there will be UX as well. So who bets on which SRWs are going to be in 3rd OG when it comes in a few years?

And as unlikely as it is, it would be amusing to see Endless Frontier make an appearance; since Axel "magically" got a tonfa sword when he appeared in EF as well as Alfimi's ghost mask thingies becoming small-sized, seeing Harken appear in a big-sized Gespenst Harken wouldn't be impossible. And maybe Kaguya too as a sub-pilot, if just to see Kyosuke and Sanger's reactions to the Sword that Cleaves Evil, Kaguya Nanbu. :lol:
DuelGundam2099

The real question is will it all end with OG 3 or will more entries after it?
Shinji103

DuelGundam2099 wrote:The real question is will it all end with OG 3 or will more entries after it?
Considering that the war is on a galactic scale in the 3rd Alpha story (and if they mix it with Z it'll be on an interdimensional scale too), I'd say that'll be the largest-scale it'll ever get. ^^b I think we can safely say that whenever they decide to bring out the 3rd Alpha story (which looks increasingly likely to be the next game), that'll be the finale.
DuelGundam2099

True, although I think it was hinted in W that the Database's base can supposedly survive the Big Crunch. It is also possible that after the Alpha 3 events they could shift it to interdimensional traveling (they don't have to go straight to Z in the next one, the plots from Scramble Commander 2nd and Real Robot Final Attack are good precursors). Then there is also the possibility that it'll make so much money that Banpresto won't stop it there. :P
Shinji103

Well I certainly wouldn't mind using the Banpreios for more than 15-25 stages of the last game in the saga, but they could simply combine 3rd Alpha, Z, and W for the finale. (though I haven't played W so I don't know the plot for that) Since 3rd Alpha dealt with Black Hole Bombs in the center of the galaxy to wipe out the STMC (I think I got that acronym right), taking on the Balmar Empire in the same area, and going up against the Akashic Record itself, the Big Crunch would certainly fit in.

They won't be able to keep up the OG Saga forever anyway, unfortunately. They blew through much of the SRW saga just in OG 1 and 2 alone, now they've taken care of a number more of other titles in Gaiden and 3rd OG.