2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Yeah, we never got OGs, OG Gaiden, or hell, not even Endless Frontier Exceed. All three are on obsolete systems so they'll never get released. We'll get 2nd OG when Cocytus thaws out.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
angelwingzero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Yeah, we never got OGs, OG Gaiden, or hell, not even Endless Frontier Exceed. All three are on obsolete systems so they'll never get released. We'll get 2nd OG when Cocytus thaws out.
Sadly, you are correct sir.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Mu La Flaga

The only obsolete system getting any releases is the DS with Pokemon Black and White.
But those are like Nintendo first party games.

I was annoyed they didn't release the Second OG Saga Endless Frontier game....
Destiny_Gundam

If they released a PSP port of OGs we could get that, but...
Mu La Flaga

Destiny_Gundam wrote:If they released a PSP port of OGs we could get that, but...
But the PSP is on it's way out, yeah not much chance of that.
Unless we get really lucky or something.

Maybe we could hope for something in future or not.
Suppose it depends if they put something as Digital Download and if they did it for PSP or Vita either way.
Destiny_Gundam

The PSP has always been strong in Japan and Western companies are still brining over games for it, though usually as download only titles.
Gyra Solune

About that "Evil" unit- I think that, quite possibly, we'll get a tease of J stuff in this game, kinda like how OG1 sorta teased Compact 2 plot, OG2 sorta teased Alpha 2 plot, OGG poked at MX, and with J's plot (particularly Calvina's), it can be poked at as well. Calvina does have some backstory as the White Lynx, and that probably means she might join up with you for a few missions. She also got injured in some incident, and with that Evil thing looking very much like a Raftclans, it might be due to that (as that lady may or may not be a Fury Knight of some kind). We certainly won't get any of the J originals (as that would directly kick off the rest of the plot), but something along the lines of how the Cry Wolves were with you for a while in OGG and explained some of MX's backstory.
DuelGundam2099

So yeah, Famitsu claims the release date is November 29. Also something about twin combo attacks.
angelwingzero

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So yeah, Famitsu claims the release date is November 29. Also something about twin combo attacks.
The new system is called Maximum Break. It allows four units, or two Twin units, to attack simultaneously. All of the units need to be at 140 morale, and the attack takes 10 morale after you use it. All of the units involved attack with a designated formation weapon, then attack either the two units in a twin twice or a single unit four times. They are also bringing back the chain attack system.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Wingnut

angelwingzero wrote:They are also bringing back the chain attack system.
I can't wait to see the 2nd OG version of this then.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
angelwingzero

Wingnut wrote:
angelwingzero wrote:They are also bringing back the chain attack system.
I can't wait to see the 2nd OG version of this then.
Probably won't happen. The article also said that chain attacks are going to have damage mitigation after each hit, like W I believe. On the plus side, you don't have to be directly adjacent to an enemy to start a chain. Not sure if they'll have more spread out chain attacks for ranged weapons like in K.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

*pauses at 2:00* Is that a flatfish? :shock:
Kuruni

Looking at "pilot" name, I think it's Yokijin.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

WOW. I LOVE THAT SONG AT THE BEGINNING. :love:

These new attack animation styles.......SO SEXEH!!!!!!

And....definitely a bit of a laugh to see the traditional SRW attack animation "jiggle factor" with this new style animation. ^^b

Frickin' AWESOME AXEL ALMER!!!

Yeah, those.......Alterion astronaut suits are still pretty dang ugly. ^^b But still. AIBIS. :D

MX holds a special place in my heart. It was my first ever SRW. :)

And DANG STRAIGHT Ryusei and the R-1 better be landing the final decisive animation scene! :D

But.......WHERE'S ALFIMI?! :cry:
DuelGundam2099

So I read a rumor from /m/ (yeah yeah) that the new GS organization is short for this. With that said, what do you guys think it might be?

I also forgot to ask, who is the mech at 5:29?
Sume Gai

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I also forgot to ask, who is the mech at 5:29?
Flickerei Geist, which is most of the alt's upper body on some legs with wheels. Its from Real Robot Regiment originally and is Piloted by Ariel Org, who seems to be part of some super solder project, though I'm uncertain about further details.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

I was referring to the one after Flickerei actually, my bad.
Sume Gai

Oh that? It's the Seigerlion that was introduced in OGs to give Leona a personal unit.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

Ah, thank you Sume, sometimes I forget about later Lion models. :lol: I thought it might have been Armorlion, but was not sure.