Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Doctord

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

I figure I shouldnt clog up the upcoming game thread anymore. I wanted to answer a question my friend and i keep getting about the menus. While yes the main menu is in english a lot of the sub menus are still in Japanese. The Hud is english as well as the attacks.

Gameplay wise its pretty fun. The control take a little getting used to because of the incredible amount of things you can do. For instance the abilty to transform has been moved to the left thumbstick. However by far the coolest things ive seen have been cutting suits in half and removing supplies from them. Also the abilty to land on the ground or a ship and continue fighting without any huge change in gameplay. The cover system is pretty nice but i havent really gotten a chance to use it all that well.

Just wanted to answer a few questions without giving too much away. Id say if you bought and liked crossfire this one should be an easy decision for you.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
Scyron

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

Hey, I just recently imported this game and I am having trouble getting to the 3rd stage in UC mode. Like I beat both reZel and Unicorns tutorial stages, but when ever I try and access any other stage in the menu my ps3 softlocks, requiring quit out to XMB.

Is the new patch a problem? do I need all the free dlc? or do I have to use my JPN account for some odd reason?

I feel like I am really trying to hard to play normally.

Thanks for any help.
Doctord

Ive never had that problem. The game went through all the way with no issues. However i havent played it since release week. I didnt get any of the dlc or create a jp psn account. Ill check with the other guy in my dorms with it and see if he had an issue.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
schwarz ritter

Is it true that, no matter what character you chose, the story will go as canon? I was hoping you could "chose your own path" kind of gameplay, but then I saw gameplay as Marida Cruz and...well, let's just say it kinda disappointed.

Maybe I'm wrong?
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Scyron

I finally got the game working. I guess you aren't suppose to select the grayed out options (which you can select, like it is normal?) or you'll run into the issue I had.

The game is pretty fun. Feels like a faster paced EiS. Next time I play it, I'll be streaming my playthrough, if anyone is interested in watching.
Shinigam_Newtype

Started playing this game this afternoon. Not at all far in the game. I'm also having the freezing issue when I select the DLC missions. May I just say, that's a lot of frickin DLC missions to buy! No wonder people were complaining about the games longevity.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080