Help me pick a game to import

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Darksider

Help me pick a game to import

So a while back I had my first experience importing games from our wacky friends across the pacific, and it went fairly well, The prices seemed a bit high, but the games I ended up getting (Macross Ultimate frontier and Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT Plus) were enjoyable. I've decided to import another game (just one this time due to financial restrictions) and have narrowed down the choices to two PS3 games and one PSP game. Could any of the import gamers here (I know there are a couple of you) help me out?

The Three games are

1. Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record UC0081-PS3

2. Another Century's Episode R-PS3 (I've been told this game plays very similar to Zone of the Enders, which I enjoyed back in the day)

3. Gundam Assault Survive.

Has anyone here played any of these? Any input would be appreciated.
AmuroNT1

Re: Help me pick a game to import

I would say to skip ACE:R. The other games in the series play like ZOE, but this one really messed up the control system, making everything except your most basic moves dependent on a gauge you build up by attacking and taking damage. On top of that, the story is overall much weaker than most Super Robot Wars games - everyone simply gets thrown into a common alternate reality, and the only show to get any closure is Macross Frontier, whose final stage is essentially an 11-minute cutscene with two very brief rail shooter segments in the middle.

I haven't heard much good about Assault Survive either, but I haven't played that personally.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Irwin-Scarnato

Re: Help me pick a game to import

You know, I promptly forgot that the PS3 can play import PS3 games the moment I bought the thing.

Looking at 0081's videos, it looks like it rips off Crossfire/Target In Sight's engine. This is good for the graphics and controls, but bad if they haven't improved the AI over that release as 90% of the time i'd find my AI getting into close combat using a bazooka or running into a cliff face repeatedly.
Still, i'd say it's probably the better game to get. It just looks nicer and if it does use the same sort of control system, it'll be a great fun game. (Though menus may be a bit of trouble if you aren't native. Gundam Vs Gundam and the Gundam Battle Royale games are my only import experience and they were both fine.)

I'm tempted to get 0081 now i've looked at it, but... If it's better than Target in Sight, i'm going to have to ragefest on how we got the terrible one and the decent one never saw the light of day...
Proud Zeon remnant.
The side that lost isn't necessarily the wrong one.