Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Games

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:33 pm 
Retconned MSV Ace

i believe most have known about it now. but in case you dont, Sony have confirm their Playstation Network have been hacked and they are not sure if credit cards information have leaked. i am starting this thread to remind people, please leave your hate on Sony at another place.

as for myself, i have not purchase anything on PSN with credit card before(hell, i dont even have a credit card to begin with :P ). so i'll just need to change my password when it comes back online.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:48 am 
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

As of this moment, my bank account remains untouched - so far so good.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:12 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

For me when I use PSN for my PSP, I use those PSN store cards, so my credit card stuff isn't on there.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

I've just cancelled my debit card, thankfully nothing was taken.
Seriously, 6 days to inform consumers is just disgraceful.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:19 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

I canceled my debit card too, I also changed many of my passwords starting with my email. I'll change my PSN password when PSN comes back on and I'll be safe. I'll probably start using those PSN cards too. I was too lazy to get them but now I have a better reason to now.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:22 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

I haven't really been worrying about this whole mess as I haven't really been on PSN recently and only use those PSN cards to pay for content.

Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:48 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Confirmation that credit card data was not stolen, it was encrypted on a separate data set, no evidence was found to compromise credit card data, personal data however was taken, identity theft is still a problem however. Sony just confirmed this while working with major security firm earlier today. Oh well, I still have to wait for my new card to come in.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:46 pm 
Der Bigen Slicen

Oh boy, Sony is never going to live this down. :cry:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Checked my balance before you mentioned that data is secure. All is well.
I'm honestly not missing the PSN anyway. I have no PSN friends I actually play any games with as it is, even if I did, the amount of time I have to play those games is minute. :P

I can't remember what sort of data PSN wanted when I joined, so I can't say if ID theft is possible based on what they have. Although i'm fairly sure their info will be out of date by now.

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:39 am 
Elitist Earth Politician

yazi88 wrote:
Confirmation that credit card data was not stolen, it was encrypted on a separate data set, no evidence was found to compromise credit card data, personal data however was taken, identity theft is still a problem however. Sony just confirmed this while working with major security firm earlier today. Oh well, I still have to wait for my new card to come in.

Mind sharing the source of this?

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:37 am 
Elitist Earth Politician

Amadi Akintunde wrote:
yazi88 wrote:

No evidence credit card data was taken

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

yazi88 wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
yazi88 wrote:

No evidence credit card data was taken

So what about this?

http://www.qj.net/ps3/news/first-psn-cr ... 12500.html

There are also several other reports of money being stolen.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Shinigam_Newtype wrote:

So what about this?

I have seen no other sites or links talking about this issue. Plus the credibility of this site seems sketchy at best. And its link to another blog telling the same info doesn't help either. This is also the only report showing this in contrast to your statement "several other reports of money being stolen" shows nothing has really been shown to prove cases like these in case of credible information. Quite a few of these bogus stories of credit card theft have shown up but pretty much all of them of been false. I've been checking out plenty of news sites and have still found no proof counteracting Sony's report of credit card data not being compromised.

I'm not trying to put you down or embarrass you or anything but these kind of bogus stories have been getting out of hand lately.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 pm 
Monster of the Week

According to the comments on that page the picture was photoshopped in the first place. Various people have claimed fraud and tried to blame Sony, but according to the credit card companies there was no signs of this. There will be normal fraud and people making stuff up trying to get money.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:37 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

yazi88 wrote:
Shinigam_Newtype wrote:

So what about this?

I have seen no other sites or links talking about this issue. Plus the credibility of this site seems sketchy at best. And its link to another blog telling the same info doesn't help either. This is also the only report showing this in contrast to your statement "several other reports of money being stolen" shows nothing has really been shown to prove cases like these in case of credible information. Quite a few of these bogus stories of credit card theft have shown up but pretty much all of them of been false. I've been checking out plenty of news sites and have still found no proof counteracting Sony's report of credit card data not being compromised.

I'm not trying to put you down or embarrass you or anything but these kind of bogus stories have been getting out of hand lately.

Ok, in retrospect, maybe posting that link wasn't such a good idea. However, the fact that you haven't seen credible stories of people claiming their money has been stolen doesn't suggest that it hasn't happened. After all, there are 77 million users, it would be impossible for a handful of people to steal even 1/1000th of this in a week. We should also remember that the network WAS compromised and our sensitive user information WAS exposed to an external threat. It doesn't take much more information than that to steal someone's identity.

Board index » Discussion » Games