Gundam Kizuna

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Gelgoog Jager

Gundam Kizuna

I want to know if anyone knows if an improved PSP version of the game has been released or will be released in the future?

A while ago a PSP version of Gundam Kizuna was released on Japan. However that version only had a limited selection of MS and stages compared to the arcade version. After looking around I finally found how to access the japanese site of the game again and found out that the MS selection as well as the number of stages for the arcade version had drastically increased:

Mobile Suits list

Stages available

For some reason if you try to check other pages you will be taken to the english site which hasn't even catched up to the selection available on the PSP game:
Jaynz

Re: Gundam Kizuna

I may be off base on this one, but if I remember right, a lot of the MSs and stages are part of 'special packs' that you could get one way or another - including the Japanese PSN, or through store-exclusive deals. I don't know how a non-Japanese individual could get them as downloads, unfortunately.
bluemax151

I was on the JPN PSN store a few days ago and I didn't see any Senjou no Kizuna Portable downloads. I think all the downloads were for either Gundam 0081 or Musou 2.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Gelgoog Jager

I have done some more checking around and found that indeed there are not download contents for the PSP version.

On the other hand, whatever was restricting the access to the japanese version of the site is now gone:

http://www.gundam-kizuna.jp/index.php
http://www.gundam-kizuna.jp/system/mobilesuit.php
http://www.gundam-kizuna.jp/system/stage.php

The MS roster continues to grow, the next few addition include short range MS: Light Armor GM and Zudah, and medium range MS Gundam Murdock and Zock:

http://www.gundam-kizuna.jp/news/eventmode100812/

I also found a japanese wiki of the game:

http://www12.atwiki.jp/senjounokizuna/
Enileph

**Sorry for thread Necromancy**

I can explain some of the cases with the game senjou no kizuna, as well as the so-called "site blocking" incident you may have heard of. I think this is good for the site as a whole, should information like these be required. Plus, I will compile the MS list for the gamem as well as doing some updates (to be posted later)

The game senjou no kizuna is basically an arcade game, a MS simulator to be exact. Since the whole thing is online there are continue updates and what not done to the system, Current version is V2.50. Up coming new possable MS is either Gelgoog Marine or Power GM, depending on the winner of the current special event (results are swinging, but today Zeon is leading by a bit)

The PSP senjou no kizuna is based on a modified version of the last V1.xx. A lot have changed since then, including many weapon/option changes and balancing changes, as well as different maps and game modes (the Base ship control is strictly PSP though).

WELL, HERE IT GOES, THE SITE BLOCKING INCIDENT, IT REQUIRES SOME HISTORY.

senjou no kizuna was designed for Inside Japan use only, initially. A few years ago, they have ported the arcade machines in a semi-experimental launch in a select few asia cities, first Hong Kong, then Taiwan, then Singapore. HOWERER, the version of this game is not the same as that in japan. Basically, the Version was stuck in V1.xx while Japan were already in V2.xx, and the two networks *DID NOT* intersect. At one time a special web was loaded for the Foreign Version, aka anyone outside Japan... Hence the "site block" you guys had encountered.

I say "DID NOT" because in recent month the current Asia site machines are added to the Japan network just like those arcades in other Japanese cities.

And yes, I am a current play of the game, in Asia. I think it would be reasonable to say that my information are somewhat up to date.

oh, BTW, if I want to post info on those MS in the game for MAHQ update, do I do it here?
BlitzkriegOmega

I just recently started playing my....not so legitimate copy of Kizuna...The game is still amazing except I find that the Gun/Zaku Tanks are Very annoying to deal with....
Enileph

BlitzkriegOmega wrote:I just recently started playing my....not so legitimate copy of Kizuna...The game is still amazing except I find that the Gun/Zaku Tanks are Very annoying to deal with....
Well, I guess you are playing with the PSP Version, and its basically a tweaked final version of V1.xx.

The computers are not quite smart, and the combo timing are much relaxed. Personally I think tank types are easy to deal with (they usually do their siege attacks at one of the few well known spots), but if you have any problems with them I suggest getting a melee MS and QDC loop them to death in one go. Oh in case you don't know, unlike the V2.xx arcades, there is no melee combo hit limit in V1.xx.

A small info on how to do QDC (Quick Draw Cancel) loops. I don't usually use melee machines, but here it goes.

QDC loop:
The idea is to deliberately miss the shooting attack in a QD(Quick draw) attack combo. Normally QD consists of a three hit combo followed by a shooting attack, I think there is a training lesson on one of the PSP educational missions on this. Well, you can move while doing the QD shot, especially if you are not locked onto the victim when you start slashing and slashing. Now deliberately miss your shot by facing elsewhere, your victim will still be standing (normally he will get a knockdown after melee)! So basically you do this:

3hit combo -> missed QD shot -> 3hit combo -> missed QD shot -> 3hit combo -> missed QD shot -> ... until you got interrupted, goes out of ammo, or victim gets killed.

Using good blue mobility setting will make this much easier, and not all melee machines are good at doing this. Any shot on the victim will result in a knockdown. You can end the combo chain with a tackle if you like (or kick, usually for the killing blow). Yes, human players can get out of the loop with the right guess and enough skill, and yesss there are many different ways to "miss" your QD shot and may ways to reposition yourself for the next set of combo, but those would be a totally different story.
BlitzkriegOmega

Enileph wrote:
BlitzkriegOmega wrote:I just recently started playing my....not so legitimate copy of Kizuna...The game is still amazing except I find that the Gun/Zaku Tanks are Very annoying to deal with....
Well, I guess you are playing with the PSP Version, and its basically a tweaked final version of V1.xx.

The computers are not quite smart, and the combo timing are much relaxed. Personally I think tank types are easy to deal with (they usually do their siege attacks at one of the few well known spots), but if you have any problems with them I suggest getting a melee MS and QDC loop them to death in one go. Oh in case you don't know, unlike the V2.xx arcades, there is no melee combo hit limit in V1.xx.

A small info on how to do QDC (Quick Draw Cancel) loops. I don't usually use melee machines, but here it goes.

QDC loop:
The idea is to deliberately miss the shooting attack in a QD(Quick draw) attack combo. Normally QD consists of a three hit combo followed by a shooting attack, I think there is a training lesson on one of the PSP educational missions on this. Well, you can move while doing the QD shot, especially if you are not locked onto the victim when you start slashing and slashing. Now deliberately miss your shot by facing elsewhere, your victim will still be standing (normally he will get a knockdown after melee)! So basically you do this:

3hit combo -> missed QD shot -> 3hit combo -> missed QD shot -> 3hit combo -> missed QD shot -> ... until you got interrupted, goes out of ammo, or victim gets killed.

Using good blue mobility setting will make this much easier, and not all melee machines are good at doing this. Any shot on the victim will result in a knockdown. You can end the combo chain with a tackle if you like (or kick, usually for the killing blow). Yes, human players can get out of the loop with the right guess and enough skill, and yesss there are many different ways to "miss" your QD shot and may ways to reposition yourself for the next set of combo, but those would be a totally different story.
Wow...I never knew that...I never played the PSP specific missions, and you are right about the Dim AI....days like this I wish I was born in japan...and lived within walking distance of an arcade....
Enileph

Finishing some of the special missions is the way to get GP02 in PSP... just so you know.

The Zeon version is... DEADLY. Fully charged Beam Bazzoka can kill a fully lightweighted GM.

On the Flip side the EFSF version of MLRS GP02 is not too useful, due to the fact that PSP only supports up to 4 vs 4... so you don't really have the chance to Multi-Lock 6 targets and things like that.

Oh, on differences between arcade and PSP:
1) Some MS are tweaked, even with cost change. (but you won't notice it since you nevar played the original)
2) Custom MS tweak settings, with cost adjustments.
3) Change of controls (although it would be fun to see you stomping on your PSP as pedals)
4) PSP allows for EFSF vs EFSF and Zeon vs Zeon matches.
5) Able to play as the Base (stupid, but funny at the same time)
6) Able to play [R] style reverse map on all stages.
7) Side 7 with bases.
8) Smarter AI when it comes to anti-Tank actions.
9) Able to change MS of AI players (so these useless sheetheads would not use expensive MS).
10) timing tweaked so even amateur can pull off some advanced tactics.