Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
InjuredPelican

Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus

I recently got GvGNP for PSP, and I'm in love. I already enjoyed the previous series entries(Zeta vs Gundam, Zaft vs Federation II), but this one is the best so far. It has a great balance, with nearly every unit being good and fun to play.

My favorite unit is probably the Destiny Gundam. Its boomerang and beam rifle make it possible to set up nice traps, throw the boomerangs, enemy dodges, and then I shoot them in their new position. But it also has killer close range and speed, as well as a ridiculously long ranged cannon.

My second favorite is Strike Freedom for being able to hit at so many angles from long range. This unit has the greatest funnel control of the gundams, though they recharge a little slow for me. Thankfully his rifles, swords, and speed make up for that.

My least favorite so far Is Virsago, for simply being a tad bit boring. Nothing seems to stand out too much with it.

I would love to know who else plays and what your favorite unit/strategy is.
Last edited by InjuredPelican on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Mu La Flaga

Re: Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus

I will say I have this game and play it a bit, but not quite as much lately.
Other games have been occupying my attention more as of late.

As for units and strategies it depends, if I'm doing the PLUS mode mission part of the game.
OR the Arcade mode of NEXT Plus.

So that is an in brief reply for this thread.
BlitzkriegOmega

I still play this game regularly! my main units are the Impulse, unicorn, EZ-8, and Freedom.

if you got X-Link Kai, I'd be glad to fight you...or along side you (Depends on which mode you prefer, I like them all)
InjuredPelican

What's X-Link Kai? I would like to play online, but my psp has trouble connecting at my house, but nowhere else. Kind of annoying. Do you primarily play melee, or long range? I prefer ranged, but with the ability for quick close range that downs my opponents, so i can get back into long range.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
BlitzkriegOmega

InjuredPelican wrote:What's X-Link Kai? I would like to play online, but my psp has trouble connecting at my house, but nowhere else. Kind of annoying. Do you primarily play melee, or long range? I prefer ranged, but with the ability for quick close range that downs my opponents, so i can get back into long range.
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ sign up and DL. if you have a wireless internet connection, you can play your Ad-Hoc PSP games online!

I am more melee than range...even if I am using EZ-8, who has no good melee attacks, I'll still keep close to my foes...
Mu La Flaga

Just to say in this thread I at least have 1 fav unit from each series, except for F91.
So I will post up my full list later, forgot to make a post in here again.
InjuredPelican

Except in f91? Maybe they're not as exciting as some of the others, but Vigna is one of the best 1000 point suits you can have. Tons of guns, speed, and fast close range. F91 has lots of guns too. I guess I'm into the gunner types though. I'm really looking forward to playing as Cherudim in Gundam VS Extreme.
-Loran Cehack
BlitzkriegOmega

InjuredPelican wrote:Except in f91? Maybe they're not as exciting as some of the others, but Vigna is one of the best 1000 point suits you can have. Tons of guns, speed, and fast close range. F91 has lots of guns too. I guess I'm into the gunner types though. I'm really looking forward to playing as Cherudim in Gundam VS Extreme.
Meh...never cared for Vigna...The best 1000 unit IMO is the EZ8...
AthrunX23s

Used to be top player in my group, but now no one plays it :(
Btw, main units are Destiny, Shining, Gouf Custom, Alex and Nobel. Really good when it comes to 2000 and 1000 units. I usually use hit n' run tactics with some melee here and there. Oh and how does X-link Kai actually work? (as in instructions, really curious)