Universal Century Gundam Online is almost up again

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Troopermanaic

Universal Century Gundam Online is almost up again

As many of you may know the game was taken down because it didnt make enough profit.
The server is almost ready to be played again as a small band of people who happen to be gundam fans that know C++ remake the server for the game.
Personally I wasent able to log in yet but I got past the login screen to find a server error "atleast I was able to connect" That tells us that once the main developer of the server "KOU" is able to make accounts we will once again be able to play UCGO heres a link to their main site and DONT ask if the server is ready they dont like that much.

http://titans-server.net/forums/index.php
thehod

Sweet thanks for the update. Do you know if the program works on Vista or on Mac?
'Dustin'

I'm eagerly awaiting this 'Titans Server'. Once I get my laptop, I'm installing the client right away, or once it's ready.
Nowhere Man

Did UCGO ever get a North American release? I don't recall... :?

Either way I never played the game. How was it? I've heard mixed things.
Has no real point of view.
Knows not where he's going to.
Isn't he a bit like you and me?
mcred23

Nowhere Man wrote:Did UCGO ever get a North American release? I don't recall... :?

Either way I never played the game. How was it? I've heard mixed things.
It never got a North American release, but I know you could still play it if you lived in North America (As a few people on the various old Gundam forums did so).

As for how it was, I also heard mixed things. Early on, it gained a very poor reputation, at least over here, largely do to it's fighting system and other flaws it had. Supposedly, a lot of the problems ended up being fixed, but by that time most people over here had long since lost interest or been deterred by all the negative reviews it had gotten from people who had played it early on...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
JijiSama

Re: Universal Century Gundam Online is almost up again

Well I will admit it's combat system does need quite a bit of a fine tuning but it's simplicity allowed starting Players to easily integrate into the game. The General concept of 'Titans Server' is to get the game up and running like it was on official then to further improve and update as well as expand upon it so that is a more Cohesive and better game. Which means trying to incorporate a lot of features that were either dropped or removed from the game before release as well as finish of suits that were to be added before the official got closed down and to continue to add suits that are right for the games time line as well as their many Variations to make it one of the largest if not the Largest Mech combat MMO as far as Units goes.

Now that there are two UCGO servers the biggest Difference between the two will be quite clear as since the 'UCGO Private Server' as it's called uses basic coding as well as fair portion of the data gained from working on the Titans Server's Alpha Test Phase but went in a radically different direction where it is trying to give players an active server Now. It can give you a Psuedo form of the combat the Damage is far from stabilized and the Skills and upgrades place no bearing on how damage is calculated. Rather it's damage ratios and defense ratios are based on the owner's preferences rather then the proper damage variables it should be. It's a good thing to try that to get your feet wet in what UCGO is kind of like but by no means are majority of the problems that server faces exist in 'Titans Server'. Titans server uses a more complex Code and does have Combatant NPC's as well as Skill and Upgrades and Properly working PVP Areas. It's Test Server was a mere Alpha Server to see if they could properly create a game server with limited to no problems existing outside of what the Official Server had.

Titan's Server now entering into it's Closed Beta Phase, after Closed Beta will be the finished project till they start doing updates and expansions. They plan on adding/making a lot of content which means many Time Specific and Power Specific Units to prevent Over Powered Units from appearing into players hands to grief other players. Things like the Big Zam of the Zeong will most likely end up as Event Units. They plan on Re-working how Event units interact I.E. being able to fight back rather then moving about aimlessly till destroyed.

Color Changes, Thruster Effects, and Weapons will not count as a Suit Variation, a Suit Variation is Something that would change the stats of the unit as well as the physical Appearance. This will sound Contridictory but Mounted Weapons are a Mobile suit Variation do to the fact that they Altar the unit's Physical appearance Model wise. but say a gun or a beam saber and the such is not a Variation. the Best Example would to RX-77-2 with Missle Pods instead of Cannons it would Physically change the appearance as well as what weapon you could equip for the shoulder Weapon Slot of the machine. http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msv/rgc-80.htm is a good example of how Color does not count as Suit Variation.

well that's all I have to say on the matter for now. I hope to see many of you on Titans server once it comes out of Closed Beta sometime in the late Spring or Summer I believe.

I'm very much aware this is a Dreaded necro which I Normally dislike but I figured it was better to post this in this read rather then to create a new one of a similar topic.
Riley

Re: Universal Century Gundam Online is almost up again

This game is pretty good, I've been playing this game for a year now, not on the titans-server though, on http://ucgoserver.com

I serve as an Earth Federation Forces member and coincidently am in the same team as Troopermaniac.