Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Arsarcana

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

Those are probably original enemies. They did tell us that despite Z2 being split into halves there would be appropriately climactic originals to fight so we're probably looking at a few of them.
Amadi Akintunde

I was hoping Wing Gundam would come soaring in at the end and pwn all those dragonoid monsters with its buster rifle.

but I was decieved
TakaTahuNuva

Also, main site. Most pages are still "under construction" so far, but the site says it's gonna be updated on the 20th.
ohhhh snap
Mu La Flaga

Arsarcana wrote:Those are probably original enemies. They did tell us that despite Z2 being split into halves there would be appropriately climactic originals to fight so we're probably looking at a few of them.
With Part 1 I wonder if we will get a true boss at the end of SRW Z 2 Part 1?
Or will we just end at level 50 something and our save data transfers for SRWZ 2 Part 2?
Wingnut

Mu La Flaga wrote:
Arsarcana wrote:Those are probably original enemies. They did tell us that despite Z2 being split into halves there would be appropriately climactic originals to fight so we're probably looking at a few of them.
With Part 1 I wonder if we will get a true boss at the end of SRW Z 2 Part 1?
Or will we just end at level 50 something and our save data transfers for SRWZ 2 Part 2?
Rumors have it that we will have some kind of Final Boss for ZII Part 1, but there will be a much bigger bad guy in Part 2. Kinda like Corner and Ribbons in were to Celestial Being 00.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mattokaiser

Yeah Terada said that even though this game is being split into 2 parts, part 1 will have a climatic battle with original baddies. So I don't think that there should be any concerns that the first game will be a bit of a let down and that the second one will be were all the fun begins. He also mentioned that the game will be the longerest portable game to date, which would make this game atleast 56 missions long. This game is going to be more than a full game in my opinion.
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
DuelGundam2099

I wouldn't call the dragonoids Banpresto originals just yet, if Alpha 3 and Z were any indication mooks from other series can and do appear in opening movies. After looking at the trailer carefully I can safely say what they could only be from:

-Trider G7
-Godmars
-Dai Guard

I would say False Songtress, but I seriously doubt those are Vajra. If it does turn out to be them someone say so.

Here are a few pics of them:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5727/dragonoid1.png
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8517/dragonoid2.png
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6919/dragonoid3.png
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7363/dragonoid4.png
Wingnut

I can give you a definite no on them being from either Daiguard or False Songstress. There is no creature that looks like that in either of those.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mu La Flaga

So the Dragonoids are the new STMC? :P
Or DMC maybe?

If you don't know what I mean that was SRW Alpha's nickname for the Gunbuster space monsters.
DuelGundam2099

A few gameplay images that weren't shown yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqKzq7mue6o

Three new mooks to confirm:
-Large Type Vajra
-Enact (flight mode)
-Sutherland

and that's pretty much it.
Arsarcana

I'm pretty sure all of those were taken from the magazine screenshots (except maybe the one showing the Vajra, don't recall seeing that). In any event, nice to see the Aries is in, which probably means we'll see a lot of Noin since she's the only noteworthy pilot of one. With luck they'll even remember to include some variations for the Wing and 00 grunts like they did with GSD's Zaku series in Z. Come on Leo Cannon Type and Shell Flag, I believe in you!
DuelGundam2099

While possible with Wing I doubt it since Banpresto also needs to give proper attention to Code Geass, Trider G7, four different Votoms anime with the first already having tons of armored troopers, two Dancouga anime, Shin Mazinger Z, Getter Robo Armageddon, Eureka 7 (although it doesn't need much), Dai Guard, and Macross Frontier at the same time. Not to mention the only Gundam Wing anything outside of the anime to appear in a game was Hydra Gundam and that was in what 2002?

But than again with Z2 who knows.
Arsarcana

I'm talking about in-series variations though, not MSV or sidestories. Y'know, like the Ground Type Leo with the extra shoulder cannons we see on occasion or the Space Type as opposed to just the generic green model (or the various flavors of Tieren). I'm certainly not expacting anything that wasn't animated but since this is the first time since D we're seeing Wing, it's sort of like a debut again and 00 should certainly be getting a few grunt variants, if only the ace customs. You're right though that they have a lot of ground to cover with the entirely new stuff but even so, I can dream.
DuelGundam2099

I'm talking about in-series variations though
Whoops, must have misread. :lol:

Who knows, although considering how much Banpresto tends to play favorites I'm iffy on the idea.
Mark064

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I wouldn't call the dragonoids Banpresto originals just yet, if Alpha 3 and Z were any indication mooks from other series can and do appear in opening movies. After looking at the trailer carefully I can safely say what they could only be from:

-Trider G7
-Godmars
They are definitely not enemies from either Tryder G7 or God Mars.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Zeino

I wonder if the Meganoids from Daitran 3 and the Muge Zorbados Empire from Original Dancougar will be enemies in the game?

Let's see, Enemies we are sure to have in Z II are:
Dr. Hell and his forces.
The Invaders.
The Beastmen Kingdom.
Moon Will.
The Gishin Empire.
The Heterodynes.
Lord Zakuron and his forces.
OZ and White Fang.
The forces of The Union, The AEU and The HRL.
The Holy Britannian Empire.
The Secret Society of The Wiseman.

And I'm sure that the Frost Brothers from Gundam X will return since they survived the first game.
DuelGundam2099

I wonder if the Meganoids from Daitran 3
Nope, folks at Banpresto said that all returning series will strictly have their main units; even if that wasn't the case Daitarn 3 had no storyline or mooks in Z, just Daitarn 3 and Banjo, much like Nu Gundam was.
And I'm sure that the Frost Brothers from Gundam X will return since they survived the first game.
Doubt it, but we'll see.
Mu La Flaga

So here is a new scan for SRW Z2 Part 1.

http://fencedude.com/SRW/Z2NewScan.jpg

So yeah we've got Final Dancougar there by look of it and a look at some of the things coming in game.
DuelGundam2099

F**k yeah, Getter Robo! I sense Black Getter is a comin' real soon. 8)