Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wingnut

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

Edit: I didn't think Austrailia had ninjas. Guess I was wrong.

You guys might also want to have a fresh pair of underwear handy too for after you're finished watching the video.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

Well, that was worth staying up for! Everything from Virgola Glory and Gunleon returning, worm type invaders going up against the Getter team (I forgot about them), a FRIGGIN DESTROY GUNDAM (seriously, WTF?), Insect Type returning to challenge Dai-Guard, the other muganns, friggin' Dragon Hive, Virgo Mark 2 coming in, friggin' Getter Dragon, the orbital God Mars base being used for the opening movie, and Boss Borot commanding the Kurogane Five; but the big thing for me is....

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDDDDDD!

God Bless Dancouga story confirmed! If the background in Dragon Hive's scene is any indication, Muge Zorbados in his merged form will return to wreak havoc! Well okay, I am looking forward to what they do with God Mars more than anything else, but still, this is neat (maybe we'll even see that cyborg guy with the electric whip).

Oh and folks? I don't know if anyone here noticed the GameFaqs boards lately, but Terada said on his blog that there is an ultra secret unit in the game that was accidentally put into the uncut version of the PV; the only hint as to what it is given is that it's name is basically "XX-X9". Maybe YF-19 from Macross Plus is not so farfetched just yet.

Seriously, why are Insect Type, Vargas V5, Stronger T4, and Destroy Gundam back?
Mu La Flaga

Wingnut wrote:Edit: I didn't think Austrailia had ninjas. Guess I was wrong.

You guys might also want to have a fresh pair of underwear handy too for after you're finished watching the video.
Well you guessed wrong :twisted:

Anyway that PV has me so pumped for this game now, it really does, practically every bit of animation.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

FAN

GASM

BABY.

THROUGH AND THROUGH.

How the heck can they fit all that awesome in an SRW for the PSP? :D

(but seriously though, how can they fit a mecha list that big on a handheld? ^^b )

I prayed for a Dancougar/Dancougar Nova Combination Attack.

And my prayers were answered. :D

I need to get SRW Z2 part 1........
Wingnut

Now with series BGM during the attack previews.

This confirms at least part of the rumor list.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

(but seriously though, how can they fit a mecha list that big on a handheld? ^^b )
Half of them not having plots helped.
Katan

Who is this awesome huge Dragon Mecha in the 2nd Videopreview at 6:29?
Sume Gai

Katan wrote:Who is this awesome huge Dragon Mecha in the 2nd Videopreview at 6:29?
Dragons Hive From Dancouga Nova. I rather like the original one better but a concept like giant flying robot dragon fortress is hard to get wrong.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Katan

thank for your answer never watched dancouga :)
but thanks to SRW Z2 i started to watch Armored Trooper Votoms and Overman King Gainer
Mu La Flaga

So at present we have just under 2 weeks before the game comes out.
I can't wait for this one.
Shinji103

Another SRW Z question to avoid making a whole new thread for it:

So on http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_War ... ts#Stella1 it tells you how to get Stella and Four, buuuuuuut I'm having a hard time understanding it. It says you need a certain amount of points to get either character. (8 for Stella, 5 for Four)

It says on stage 36 for the Stella requirements that destroying Stella first gets you three Stella points, but destroying Four first makes it impossible to recruit her. Yet under the Four requirements it also says destroying Four first gets you 3 Four points. Likewise, under the Four requirements destroying Stella first makes it impossible to recruit her, despite the Stella requirements saying you get 3 Stella points for destroying Stella first. These parts of the requirements lists are completely contradicting each other. So how the heck do I make sense of this?
angelwingzero

Shinji103 wrote:Another SRW Z question to avoid making a whole new thread for it:

So on http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_War ... ts#Stella1 it tells you how to get Stella and Four, buuuuuuut I'm having a hard time understanding it. It says you need a certain amount of points to get either character. (8 for Stella, 5 for Four)

It says on stage 36 for the Stella requirements that destroying Stella first gets you three Stella points, but destroying Four first makes it impossible to recruit her. Yet under the Four requirements it also says destroying Four first gets you 3 Four points. Likewise, under the Four requirements destroying Stella first makes it impossible to recruit her, despite the Stella requirements saying you get 3 Stella points for destroying Stella first. These parts of the requirements lists are completely contradicting each other. So how the heck do I make sense of this?
Tangentially related: I was wondering about they both obtainable in one playthrough or are they like Four and Rosamia from Advance where you could only get one no matter what?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Mu La Flaga

angelwingzero wrote:
Tangentially related: I was wondering about they both obtainable in one playthrough or are they like Four and Rosamia from Advance where you could only get one no matter what?
I wanted to answe this as someone who played all of Z enough to know, YES it is possible and I have got them both on at least 2 playthroughs.

If you doo all the points for Stella it helps as well as Fours.
Like killing them with the certain pilot, convincing them when possible ect.
It can balance out.

Or you can even scribble down on paper and keep track of the points depending on actions taken in the game.

It is what I did and it helped like hell.
angelwingzero

Mu La Flaga wrote:
angelwingzero wrote:
I wanted to answe this as someone who played all of Z enough to know, YES it is possible and I have got them both on at least 2 playthroughs.

It can balance out.

Or you can even scribble down on paper and keep track of the points depending on actions taken in the game.

Thanks Mu. I just ordered Z to eventually move me up to Z2.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Mu La Flaga

angelwingzero wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:
angelwingzero wrote:

It can balance out.

Thanks Mu. I just ordered Z to eventually move me up to Z2.
Although it should be noted, you need ZEUTH ROUTE to get Stella I think you can get Four if you do what is needed with the points thing.
DuelGundam2099

Tonight on rumors with that creepy DuelGundam2099 guy ( :P ), we have a flow chart leak!

http://archivethumb2.foolz.us/board/m/i ... 953833.jpg

Supposedly there are three prologue missions pertaining to the last episode of Code Geass, either the last episode of Gundam 00 or episode 10 of Wing, and the end of episode 3 in Getter Robo Armageddon with Shin Dragon going nuclear. According to translations Tetsujin appears in mission 3 before FOUR different route splits occur (one of them being Kuumen fom VOTOMS, rest not entirely unconfirmed).

Edit: Hey Sazabi fans, you might get your wish after all:

http://archivethumb.foolz.us/board/m/im ... 724004.jpg

That and Heero in a Leo confirmed.
Shinji103

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Edit: Hey Sazabi fans, you might get your wish after all:

http://archivethumb.foolz.us/board/m/im ... 724004.jpg
? I don't see anything about the Sazabi there.
DuelGundam2099

Hyaku Shiki is an enemy, this makes it possible that Char defects to Oz and they might make a Sazabi.
Mu La Flaga

Yeah where are you getting the Sazabi bit from?
And well, that would make little sense if they treid to explain Oz made a pyschoframe?
Unless Amuro allowed Oz to look at the Nu Gundam.
AmuroNT1

DuelGundam2099 wrote:either the last episode of Gundam 00 or episode 10 of Wing
It's both; SRWZ2 Hakai combined the Gundam hunts from those particular series, meaning we ended with Setsuna and Graham's duel, and Heero self-destructing.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power