Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

Mark064 wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:I mean for instance again Bullet, Kusuha, the SRX Team and 1-2 others are from Alpha.
While Alpha did introduce a lot the SRX team are not them. They were introduced to us in Shin Super Robot Wars on the Playstation. Though I believe this was just Ryusei, Aya and Rai.

Alpha did include a ton of other characters since it did have 8 playable characters for your main, all with no personality or specialized robots. So Yuki, Carla, Ryoto, Leona, Tasku, Rio were all included. Plus we got the Alpha versions of Irm and Ring who had previously debuted in SRW4 as mains but were upgraded in looks and aged slightly. And then villains and other less important people as well.
Well I should have said people are more familliar with their Alpha appearances more then their first appearance, my bad :P

Besides there were some originals in there which haven't shown up elsewhere yet like Selen Recital I believe her name is and that other guy who has the DGG unit 3.
Touga I think?

Banpresto needs to intergrate more in to the OGs universe more.
Sume Gai

Touma (LiOh's pilot) has in in fact made a short cameo in the Playstation OG games. Add to that the original form of DGG unit 3 is/was slated to appear in 2nd OG and that particular plot is a given. Selena might show up alongside him when they finally do the @3 plots
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Mark064

Mu La Flaga wrote:Well I should have said people are more familliar with their Alpha appearances more then their first appearance, my bad :P

Besides there were some originals in there which haven't shown up elsewhere yet like Selen Recital I believe her name is and that other guy who has the DGG unit 3.
Touga I think?

Banpresto needs to intergrate more in to the OGs universe more.
Well the problem with the OG universe if that it's really getting crowded in games. So they're going to need to start getting rid of people or just introduce people in one game and have them gone by the next like the people from Compact 3 and R.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Mu La Flaga wrote:Well it just seems a thing, since some characters only get in 1-2 games at most.

For instance Axel was in SRW A, he never got out of that except for the OGs games and then they set up his rivalry with Kyosuke.

Gate of Magus has a good lot of where characters have appeared in for games..

I mean for instance again Bullet, Kusuha, the SRX Team and 1-2 others are from Alpha.
But then again weirdly I think Seolla and Arado debuted in OG 2 before Alpha 2, not quite sure how the release dates went and all that.
Lol, I was being a bit sarcastic. ^^b I know that Banpresto Originals most often don't appear in more than one game. (the exceptions being some of the Originals from the early SRWs, the Cybuster cast, the SRX Team, Irm and Riong, etc.)

My point was more "who the heck is dumb enough to think this is a possibility," actually. Just less blunt and far less rude. ^^b The most I would expect in any kind of Banpresto Originals crossover would be maybe Asakim being revealed as a parallel world Masaki Ando who turned evil at some point. (because Banpresto has only given us, like, a dozen Masaki-Asakim references ^^b ) But I don't see what would make anyone think the ATX Team or any other past Banpresto Original would cross over into SRW Z.

The OG-verse is a seperate-from-mainline-SRW universe for all the Banpresto Original characters from the history of SRW to share a universe. Anything outside of OG doesn't relate to each other like that.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Hmm, there's something I've never been able to find a straight answer to abotu SRWs; on lunar terrain missions, how do the terrain settings work? Does being on the ground ont he moon count as space, or is it still the ground? What about when you're in the air on a surface in space; does that count as being in the air or in space terrain?
DuelGundam2099

Darn it Mu I was going to post that! Oh well, here they are in better quality:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201203/15011408.html

-Arios Gundam and GN Archer confirmed
-Michael and his VF-25G........ Existing (why is it being shown?)
-King Gainer dual wields the chain gun and chain sword
-Ryoma gets a "classic" getter suit
-The Invincible trio gets another combination attack

Also notice in King Gainer's pics we finally have a good view of the new BO grunt unit Esther's mech was attacking in the last trailer. Reminds me of the delphiniums from Nadesico.
Vent Noir

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Darn it Mu I was going to post that! Oh well, here they are in better quality:

Unfortunately, it seems that GN Archer is just there as an attack for the Arios. As I said on the SRW boards,

FUCK!
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

Vent Noir wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:Darn it Mu I was going to post that! Oh well, here they are in better quality:

Unfortunately, it seems that GN Archer is just there as an attack for the Arios. As I said on the SRW boards,

ZOINKS!
And as I said it would be annoying if they reduced Soma to a support attack.
Considering in first game she was a common enemy pilot.

So yeah if they do, I will be annoyed over that much.
Vent Noir

Yeah, if that fact is correct (as it appears to be), then it looks like I'll be concentrating on the Code Geass route again. They wouldn't screw over Kallen as well... would they? (If so, I'll be cancelling my order).
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

Nope they wont, hell some screenshots have had Karren/Kallen in her bunnysuit outfit from first 1-2 episodes.
DuelGundam2099

I don't think GN Archer will be just a summonable, I heard at GameFaqs that the screens with it and Arios are doing a combo attack in the pics.
Vent Noir

Mu La Flaga wrote:Nope they wont, hell some screenshots have had Karren/Kallen in her bunnysuit outfit from first 1-2 episodes.
I don't think they would, but it's still possible. Nerf the Gurren, have her absent for long periods (such as when she got taken prisoner)...
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

AmuroNT1

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I don't think GN Archer will be just a summonable, I heard at GameFaqs that the screens with it and Arios are doing a combo attack in the pics.
It's been confirmed that Soma is not a usable pilot; she has an enemy Seishin list for the time she's with the A-LAWS, but not one for after she defects. So yes, GN Archer is just an attack on Arios' list.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DuelGundam2099

Well, that blows chunks. Welp, here is to God Sigma Gravion, Orguss 2, King Beal, Iron Gear, and Gunleon and Virgola Glory for Regeneration Chapter! *raises glass* Maybe even that giant swan bot from ep 31 of Baldios Jamie used just to give the big blue dimensional wrapper another move.
Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:I don't think GN Archer will be just a summonable, I heard at GameFaqs that the screens with it and Arios are doing a combo attack in the pics.
It's been confirmed that Soma is not a usable pilot; she has an enemy Seishin list for the time she's with the A-LAWS, but not one for after she defects. So yes, GN Archer is just an attack on Arios' list.
Ulimate support attack unit for the Ptolemy's battery? Ouch.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
yazi88

I want a playable Wild Papa Bear of Russia Sergei, although with a advanced GN-X instead of the crappy all terrain Teiren or GN-X III.

At least Soma was a guest playable character in a single stage for z2 part 1?
Mu La Flaga

If that is confirmed my reactions is simply *ahem*
Ffffuuuu!

Screw you Banpresto you lazy pricks!
Soma was a pilot in part 1 for 1 stage you make her an emnmey opponent and yet when she joins CB you screw her over....
I mean really in part 1 you give us obscure pilots like Tamaki and Ohgi from Code Geass, but come part 2 when you get Soma/Marie, nope, your not getting her as a usable pilot.
DuelGundam2099

Gentlemen, we have preview video rumors curtsy of GameFaqs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/657877-d ... n/62280134

Parts I like I bolded
Sakikage and Masurao from OO
Double O using trans-am (no raiser)
Seravee using seraphim
Nu gundam melee attack
Tallgeese II piloted by Treize
Wing Zero beam saber has real size cut-in
Mericurius confirmed
Strike Freedom using Meteor. (it looks like it's summoning it, instead of combination attack?)
Daiguard new attack
Gold Aquarion, and Godmars
BossBorot has attack where he summons Kuroganeya

Guren Lagan using Giga Dril Maximum
Gimi and Dari combination attack
Try Again is confirmed
Beside Basara, other member of Fire bombers are summons
Armored Klan
Giant Ranka scene
Big-o has new attack
Setsuko and Rand (mail shows no change in appearance)
Dancougar and Dancougar nova combo, W Dancouken
Dragon hive is treated as unit.

Black Pearl nail, Piloted by new original character (goth loli)
Zambot has separation attack.
Para from Gundam X, G-Falcon is confirmed
Turn-A gundam has new beam saber animation, and Loran gets new cut-in
New cut-in featuring Chiru and Jiron
Shin getter Stoner sunshine
Shin Dragon. (seems like Shin Liger is Shin dragon's weapon?)
Metal beast dragon has biting attack like in the anime
Kei and Athena has combo attack.
Mazinger's Big bang punch, features Zeus cut-in
Energer Piloted by Kabuto Kenzo
Daitarn 3 new attack, Daitarn Fan, Trider has new attack lure(?)
Ester new cut-in

BGM list
Gundam OO= Hakanaku mo towa no kanashi
Mazinger= Guardian
Gundam W= Rhythm emotion
Code Geass= O2
Tetsujin 28= OP "taiyo no shisha, Tetsujin 28)
Guren Lagan= Happily Ever After
(It's Shin Getter Dragon darn it! Shin Dragon's the Devil Gundam knockoff!) Well, it looks like Orguss 2, Iron Gear, and King Beal might not be in after all although until the game is out we can't say for certain; really hoping they don't leave out God Sigma Gravion since it is needed for Sol Gravion to turn into Ultimate Gravion (not to mention Sandman is the ultimate anime pimp). Gold God Mars tells me they are definitely going with more of GM's plot, hopefully both arcs.

I also wonder if they'll bring back Kokubogar as a playable unit and have it do a combo attack with Dai-Guard.

A new commercial that supposedly aired during Gundam AGE:

http://nicoviewer.net/sm17287333

Radpily Dog confirmed! Ultimate Gravion likely! YF-29 Durandel confirmed! BIG BANG PUNCH! And....

Bloodsuckers and Stronger T4? Why are they back? Oh well.
Mu La Flaga

2nd Preview is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuoqB1QD ... r_embedded
There we go, going to look at it myself soon.