Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Katan

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

The Gunleon is it possed by a evil demon or something like this? The Berserk Mode is very awesome and it also reminds me a little bit of gaogaigar
Sume Gai

Katan wrote:The Gunleon is it possed by a evil demon or something like this? The Berserk Mode is very awesome and it also reminds me a little bit of gaogaigar
As most of this is second hand please take it with a grain of salt particularly the first bit

In the Z universe there exist certain units/people which possess Stones that are in some way essential to the universe. (there also seems to be a highlander-esce there can only be one fight going on between them) These stones, based on the Zodiac, respond to certain emotions from the pilot.

In Gunleon's Case the Stone is the "Wounded Lion" which activates via pain (Rand isn't screaming with hotblooded Justice when he transforms!) This Stone is apparently the trigger for Gunleon's transformation.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Mu La Flaga

Actually they are Spheres not Stones :P
DuelGundam2099

So....... Anyone else think there might be a Z Gaiden?
Kuruni

Unlikely...

Unlike back during time of Alpha, SRW team already have their hand full of 2nd OG2.
My girlfriend was a loli.
DuelGundam2099

It doesn't have to be as big as Z2, they could just throw in ten series together or whatever. *shrugs*
Unlike back during time of Alpha, SRW team already have their hand full of 2nd OG2.
True. That does make me wonder why they announced it last year when it was far from finished. :?

On another note, who here WANTS Gundam Age in Z3? Not so much "can it fit" as much as it is "what you think" type question. Personally I don't care, I'd rather have G Gundam just to have all the major gundam timelines in one.
Destiny_Gundam

Trailblazer will be so epic that there'll be no room for AGE.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

Z3 will also finish TTGL's plot and personally I hope they also at least attempt to do the Marunme arc from God Mars and the VOTOMS ovas. There is also the possibility of Gun 'n Diebuster although how they'll handle them together would be intriguing.
Gyra Solune

I'm sorta hoping for the original Tetsujin to get in, likely via the more straight-out 2004 remake. And since FX looks like a badass, have that in there as well. Then...TRIPLE TETSUJIN STRIKE! or something (though I haven't seen any of the three, so I dunno how the original and Go would be handled since Shotaro uses both).

It'd be awesome if they use EW's plot while keeping the TV Gundams, with the EW mechs being optional upgrades of some sort (or maybe FUBs like in...64, was it?)

The later VOTOMS OVAs are hopefully a given for Z3. Then again, I thought that STTGL was a given final attack.

You know what? If G Gundam is put in and UC is continued...they could use EXA's plot if/when the manga finishes (assuming it doesn't end up using AGE)!

GaoGaiGar + Betterman = Project Z. ...well, whatever rendition of it possible since that never happened. Plus I need to hear a glorious non-8-bit instrumental of Betterman's ED on a playable Lamia (seriously C3, you shafted a debut's central protagonist what the hell).

The Code Geass sidestories would be cool. Nightmare of Nunnaly :D

Okay. They had GoLion in W. How the hell did they not put in Dairugger and pass up a reference to the last episodes of Voltron where they were both in the same episodes? Z3, fix this.

For that matter, original Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada for much Robotech poking.

Getter Robo Go plzkthnx.

Also, don't give Grendizer the shaft. Battle of the Flying Saucers yo. And hell, Gloizer X while you're at old-school Nagai stuff.

...Time Bokan? XP no not really.
DuelGundam2099

The later VOTOMS OVAs are hopefully a given for Z3.
This.
GaoGaiGar + Betterman = Project Z. ...well, whatever rendition of it possible since that never happened. Plus I need to hear a glorious non-8-bit instrumental of Betterman's ED on a playable Lamia
Grand Glorious Gathering says "Hi", but also this. However, the first arc of GGG has been adapted into crossovers to death (Brave Saga 2, New Century Brave Saga, SRW Alpha 2/W, Battle of Sunrise, and the official pachinko machine); I'd rather have them just skip to FINAL to make things easier. If they do bring the series to Z3 then at least give the second arc more love (as in ZXs 04, 05, 14, 15, and other asteroid ones that haven't been used yet).

I'll also second Betterman got shafted in Compact 3. I mean really, no Bodaiju and Turba? No Aqua? No Levis? No Salamanders? Not even Lord Pakila? Well, they did add some other enemies so I can't complain too much.
For that matter, original Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada for much Robotech poking.
I doubt they'll have the original Macross, but due to all the dimensional shifting they can get away with Macross 2.

Although I haven't seen Southern Cross, most if not all of Mospeada's story involves them going from South America to get to a North American inbit nest and the plot can be wrapped up in a few levels with any flying battleship unless they make some big alterations.
Battle of the Flying Saucers yo
This too.
Kuruni

Well, if Z3 is going to be epic end of Z series, then it should, as hard to fit in as they are, add Demonbane (especially if they can use element from Kishin Hisho) and Bokurano (how that work is interesting by itself).
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Kuruni wrote:Well, if Z3 is going to be epic end of Z series, then it should, as hard to fit in as they are, add Demonbane (especially if they can use element from Kishin Hisho) and Bokurano (how that work is interesting by itself).
Has there been any word that either of those titles is ever going to get into an SRW at all? (I'd love to see Demonbane in SRW, though :D)
Gyra Solune

All the world needs to be complete is Demonbane brofisting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

...regardless, when are we getting Xenosaga? There was plenty of giant mech awesomeness there. ...and okay, I guess the actual characters could function like Iczer did...?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Heck, where's Zone of the Enders? Considering the animes are Sunrise-made, there must be some serious legal BS going on to stop them from getting ZoE in.
DuelGundam2099

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I read somewhere that the creators or Konami execs simply don't want any cross overs SRW included.
Gyra Solune

I don't understand why that is. I mean, SRW is responsible for the popularity and existence of many shows. Kotetsushin Jeeg and The Legend of Daiku-Maryu (the former especially) would not exist at all without SRW including their predecessors. Last time I checked, Zone of the Enders, while a good game, was not exactly the most incredibly well-known thing, so Konami could do with some buzz about their franchise to capitalize upon.

Besides, have they ever played an SRW game? They're much less haphazardly slammed together crossover stories and more well-written tales that interlink so well you could honestly believe the shows involved are one, singular, coherent existence.
Kuruni

Gyra Solune wrote:Besides, have they ever played an SRW game? They're much less haphazardly slammed together crossover stories and more well-written tales that interlink so well you could honestly believe the shows involved are one, singular, coherent existence.
Most likely yes. They have Winky (which was co-developer with Banpresto during classic timeline SRW) made Fist of Mars afterall.
2NA Fish

Unfortunately, Konami and Winky Soft have massive heat with Bandai/Banpresto and Takara from way back during the production of Shin Seiki Yuusha Taisen, which is why they refuse to have anything to do with each other.

Shin Seiki Yuusha Taisen was a SRW ripoff featuring Brave series, developed by Winky Soft after they fell out with Bandai.
A whole heap of trouble went down, including Takara dumping Konami as publisher and going with Atlus instead.

The biggest thing was that at the time, the hugely popular GaoGaiGar was yet to appear in any game, and both Takara and Bandai were racing to get their GaoGaiGar-featuring game out before the other could.
Bandai, through Sunrise, dumped a whole lot of legal copyright crap on Winky Soft and Konami to delay Shin Seiki Yuusha Taisen so they could release SRW Alpha 2 first.(There's a much longer story about Sunrise, Takara and Bandai too)

I don't think the bad blood between these companies has subsided, so don't get hopes up for ZOE.
Mu La Flaga

Mind you, those Yusha games weren't really all that good.
Alpha 2 is/was rather fun, even if a lot of sprites got re-used for Alpha 3.

But yeah I remember hearing about that legal clash before, didn't know it got that bad back then.
DuelGundam2099

The biggest thing was that at the time, the hugely popular GaoGaiGar was yet to appear in any game
Brave Saga 2, Harobots, and the Sunrise Heroes games say hi.